2023 Enve Mog

The spirit of Grav-lo-cross. No but seriously, cyclocross and gravel go here!

Moderator: Moderator Team

Knightyboy27

by Knightyboy27

thumper88 wrote:
Wed Jan 24, 2024 11:56 pm
Has anyone who has travelled with their Mog or Melee packed it in a travel case?
looking for thoughts on how to do that in a case that requires bars off. Have a really really really nice case now that i want to use and will not be buying or using a soft case like the one enve sells... its nice but would not pass muster with my airline. SO... looking for a solution to get bars off. Maybe those dumb couplers you someties see on shimano equiopped bikes in the shop, but not sure if there is space to put them. Another option may be to try to leave some slack in hydraulics but that seems an unlikely fix as prob can only have an inch or two in front and couple inches for rear.
I use a BikeBoxAlan with no issues. Got just enough slack in the hydraulics to allow me to remove the bars and rotate to the side

Knightyboy27

by Knightyboy27

mogmog wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2024 11:28 am
Hey guys,

happy to present my new Mog. Custom painted with the inspiration of a Land Rover defender as a full do it all bike.
Laced up with 3.4 ARs with CK hubs and a 1x 42T-10/52. Already raced it here and was really impressive to see how the bike handles and how stable & fast it can be compared with my old 3T exploro.

https://imgur.com/a/k6ZoUEe
Very very nice. Wish I would have had the patience to get mine custom painted, but will hopefully get round to that when the new GRX Di2 eventually gets released and I need to strip it back down a bit.

Just need to decide on what I want for inspiration, eurperg knocked it out of the park with their Festka Rover build detailed on here!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

thumper88

by thumper88

Knightyboy27 wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2024 5:22 pm
thumper88 wrote:
Has anyone who has travelled with their Mog or Melee packed it in a travel case?
looking for thoughts on how to do that in a case that requires bars off. Have a really really really nice case now that i want to use and will not be buying or using a soft case like the one enve sells... its nice but would not pass muster with my airline. SO... looking for a solution to get bars off. Maybe those dumb couplers you someties see on shimano equiopped bikes in the shop, but not sure if there is space to put them. Another option may be to try to leave some slack in hydraulics but that seems an unlikely fix as prob can only have an inch or two in front and couple inches for rear.
I use a BikeBoxAlan with no issues. Got just enough slack in the hydraulics to allow me to remove the bars and rotate to the side
That's good info, that's what I'd like to do. Are you able to pull the bars down far enough that with the bike upright and the loosened bars vertical, the highest end of the bars is flush with stem or just below?

That's what it taked me to get a bike in my box... Ahead of delivery Ive bought Zeno quick couplers and may try to put those inside the stem but that will be tricky and add another potential failure point in the hydraulics.

Knightyboy27

by Knightyboy27

thumper88 wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2024 10:47 pm
Knightyboy27 wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2024 5:22 pm
thumper88 wrote:
That's good info, that's what I'd like to do. Are you able to pull the bars down far enough that with the bike upright and the loosened bars vertical, the highest end of the bars is flush with stem or just below?

That's what it taked me to get a bike in my box... Ahead of delivery Ive bought Zeno quick couplers and may try to put those inside the stem but that will be tricky and add another potential failure point in the hydraulics.
Sorry, should have been clearer, I actually remove the whole barstem assembly from the steerer.

Looks very similar to this when packed

sigma

by sigma

Anyone got real pics of the new colors? Think that Terracotta might be a see it in the flesh type color (before judging)
Lots of bikes: currently riding Enve Melee, Krypton Pro, S Works Crux, S Works Epic Evo, SL7.
In build: SW SL8

parleez1

by parleez1

Wondering if anyone hss ridden their Mog with a set of Roval Rapide CLX wheels on the road. I'm thinking of trying a set with 32mm tires. Curious how this set up ride if you've given them a try. Thanks for your feedback.

jcooley

by jcooley

mogmog wrote:Hey guys,

happy to present my new Mog. Custom painted with the inspiration of a Land Rover defender as a full do it all bike.
Laced up with 3.4 ARs with CK hubs and a 1x 42T-10/52. Already raced it here and was really impressive to see how the bike handles and how stable & fast it can be compared with my old 3T exploro.

https://imgur.com/a/k6ZoUEe
That’s a good looking color! What chainring is that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

robbosmans

by robbosmans

Did some owners manage to weigh the frameset?

thumper88

by thumper88

parleez1 wrote:
Thu Feb 29, 2024 3:01 am
Wondering if anyone hss ridden their Mog with a set of Roval Rapide CLX wheels on the road. I'm thinking of trying a set with 32mm tires. Curious how this set up ride if you've given them a try. Thanks for your feedback.

Yes, I have taken it for a brief spin on, by coincidence, its on CLX64's, conti gp5000 25mm front, 28mm rear... just using it on the road briefly to work down any punch list stuff before the first gravel race on it in a few weeks. Will switch to ARs then, and terra speed 45s.
Did not feel signifcantly different from the road bike the CLX wheels reside on normally. Going out on a quick group ride tonight and will try to report back. But I cant think of any reason the wheels and tires would be any issue...

thumper88

by thumper88

parleez1 wrote:
Thu Feb 29, 2024 3:01 am
OK, did a fairly fast group ride of about 40 miles last night -- hard rotations, attacks etc... no issues, works totally fine as a road bike. Not sure why anyone would suspect otherwise.

parleez1

by parleez1

Glad to hear that, exactly what I was hoping. Enjoy the ride!

thumper88

by thumper88

kgcx wrote:
Sat Nov 25, 2023 1:42 am
I've ridden my Mog with everything from 30c GP5000s to 35mm Terra Speeds to 47 Pathfinders to 2.2 Conti race kings. It does fine in almost every situation, I've done 30-35 mph pacelines with it on road tires. Setup with road tires and wheels, it had a very similar weight to my Aeroad but does not give me that snappy road race bike feel when cornering at high speeds. If you aren't constantly hammering in and out of corners and kept a somewhat aggressive setup for aero gains, I would say you would have a hard time saying this bike is substantially slower than a full on road race bike.
I( take it you're running 1x when running the Race Kings?

thumper88

by thumper88

parleez1 wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2024 7:59 pm
Glad to hear that, exactly what I was hoping. Enjoy the ride!
I ended up doing a couple of hundred miles of fast group rides mainly with that setup.
No issues, and the speed didnt seen nitceably different from 2020 Venge. But I swear it felt a little stiffer in the ride. With proper gravel tires now, it feels properly cusioned.
WIth standard Ultegra di2 12-speed front mech there is clearance, barely, for Pathfinder in 47mm (measures just over 49mm true on 3.4 wheels) and plenty clearance for say 45s.

Crank is sram WIDE with DFour spider and ultegra 12s 50/34 rings. the 34 doe NOT clear the frame with standard spacing. I pushed the spacing out on drive side about 1mm to clear it. When Di2 12-speed is released I'll push that spacing out alll the way and get more tire clearance.
Rear I'm running dura ace 11-34 cassette for normal courses and non-series shimano 11-36 for mountains. Rear mech is Ultegra 12s. It runs 11-36 with no issues.
I prob will swap that mech out too when di2 grx 12s is released so as to have a clutch, but maybe not, havent decided. Setup works smoothly and may even allow 52/36 rings, though I dont feel the urge to try. Another possibility for gearing flexibility is Absolute Black oval rings for 11s, which should fit on the spider.
Can get those in 48/32 or 46/30. They likely would work -- 11s standard shimano cranks do work with 12s drivetrains, Ive done it. But... the ovals would take some testing.

kgcx

by kgcx

I( take it you're running 1x when running the Race Kings?

Yeah, you have to run 1x. I ended up switching from 12 Speed ultegra di2 to transmission so I could run bigger tires. The 12 speed di2 front derrailuer has the worst clearance out of any front mech on the market, I could barely get a 47mm pathfinder to fit.