2023 Enve Mog

The spirit of Grav-lo-cross. No but seriously, cyclocross and gravel go here!

Moderator: Moderator Team

kgcx

by kgcx

mfa81 wrote:
Wed Nov 22, 2023 4:49 am
in case you guys missed seems like both melee and mog framsets are gonna follow the foundation wheelset price drops, if you google "enve mog frameset" the enve website link shows $4450, glad I got mine at 25% discount, doesn't look that good now but would be worse if I had paid full price. Not sure if that's gonna happen or not will have to wait, but there is evidence this might be happening soon, I'd be tempted to get a melee if I could go even down to the high $3ks (new price + deal) in a complete frameset chassi
What size are you? I have a 54 melee chasis on order, but I'm not sure if I am going to build it or not. I got a really good deal on it and will gladly share the savings with someone who will actually build it up.

mfa81

by mfa81

kgcx wrote:
Wed Nov 22, 2023 2:53 pm
What size are you? I have a 54 melee chasis on order, but I'm not sure if I am going to build it or not. I got a really good deal on it and will gladly share the savings with someone who will actually build it up.

I'm a 52 at best, might even need a 50 melee. I'm riding a 52 MOG

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

parleez1

by parleez1

Has anyone tried putting 32mm road tires on their MOG? I'm presently riding Roval Terra CLX II wheels with 42mm Specialized Pathfiner tires and its pretty fast on the road with this set up, wondering how the bike would ride/feel with 32mm tires.

DrimeOser

by DrimeOser

I have tried 28s, not 32s, on my Crux vs. the Pathfinders 42. Simply put, you'll be faster. Also, the tires being lighter, you will have a positive sensation of lower rolling mass leading to better acceleration. All in all, I am too lazy to change wheels or tires forth and back and I stay on the 42s.

parleez1

by parleez1

DrimeOser wrote:
Thu Nov 23, 2023 4:05 pm
I have tried 28s, not 32s, on my Crux vs. the Pathfinders 42. Simply put, you'll be faster. Also, the tires being lighter, you will have a positive sensation of lower rolling mass leading to better acceleration. All in all, I am too lazy to change wheels or tires forth and back and I stay on the 42s.
Good to hear about your Crux with 28s. But I'd really like to hear from someone who has ridden their MOG with 32s or < as the two bikes are different and I'd expect a bit different performance from each. Thanks!

kgcx

by kgcx

I've ridden my Mog with everything from 30c GP5000s to 35mm Terra Speeds to 47 Pathfinders to 2.2 Conti race kings. It does fine in almost every situation, I've done 30-35 mph pacelines with it on road tires. Setup with road tires and wheels, it had a very similar weight to my Aeroad but does not give me that snappy road race bike feel when cornering at high speeds. If you aren't constantly hammering in and out of corners and kept a somewhat aggressive setup for aero gains, I would say you would have a hard time saying this bike is substantially slower than a full on road race bike.

parleez1

by parleez1

kgcx wrote:
Sat Nov 25, 2023 1:42 am
I've ridden my Mog with everything from 30c GP5000s to 35mm Terra Speeds to 47 Pathfinders to 2.2 Conti race kings. It does fine in almost every situation, I've done 30-35 mph pacelines with it on road tires. Setup with road tires and wheels, it had a very similar weight to my Aeroad but does not give me that snappy road race bike feel when cornering at high speeds. If you aren't constantly hammering in and out of corners and kept a somewhat aggressive setup for aero gains, I would say you would have a hard time saying this bike is substantially slower than a full on road race bike.
kgcx, thanks for your insights on riding your MOG with 30c > road tires, just what I wanted to hear. My concern was that Enve suggests not riding the MOG with tires <34c, but I have read from others that it shouldn't be a problem,was looking for confirmation of this. Well, I'm going to put some 32c Vittoria Pro Control tubeless tires on my Roval Terra CLX II wheels and see how my MOG performs. Thanks!

kgcx

by kgcx

If I had to guess, Enve says that so there is still a reason for people to buy a Melee in addition to the Mog. The bike does look sort of odd with its massive tire clearance and skinny road tires, but you don't notice it when you are riding.

mfa81

by mfa81

kgcx wrote:
Sat Nov 25, 2023 1:34 pm
If I had to guess, Enve says that so there is still a reason for people to buy a Melee in addition to the Mog. The bike does look sort of odd with its massive tire clearance and skinny road tires, but you don't notice it when you are riding.
rumors are Enve is releasing an endurance road bike, something in between the melee and the mog, kinda of a weird move, unless they plan on making the melee more racy in the future. seems like the gap between both is already pretty small when you compare the geo chart

thumper88

by thumper88

mfa81 wrote:
in case you guys missed seems like both melee and mog framsets are gonna follow the foundation wheelset price drops, if you google "enve mog frameset" the enve website link shows $4450, glad I got mine at 25% discount, doesn't look that good now but would be worse if I had paid full price. Not sure if that's gonna happen or not will have to wait, but there is evidence this might be happening soon, I'd be tempted to get a melee if I could go even down to the high $3ks (new price + deal) in a complete frameset chassi
Their website is a bit messy and this price is deceptive... It's not that they lowered the price, it's that they began offering the Mog without the bars, stem and seatpost. So in theory they were offering three options: the $4450 bare frameset; the $5,500 chassis; and built-up bikes. Given the method of hiding the hoses and wires, not sure I would want to try building it up without their propietary stem and bars.

They also have referred to "rolling chassis" meaning, the chassis plus wheels, but Ive never seen a price on that except one they granted dealers a couple months ago.
And now? both the frameset and chassis options (and their automated fit calculator, tooi!) have disappeared from the website, though if you call, they will say those frame and chassis options are still available.
My favorite illogical item on the website is if you look at the Mog or Melee, under suggestions as you scroll down is the custom road frameset and the price shown under it is"$200." OK!... I'll take 10 of them!
That's actually the amount for the deposit.

mfa81

by mfa81

thumper88 wrote:
Mon Dec 11, 2023 7:00 pm
mfa81 wrote:
Their website is a bit messy and this price is deceptive... It's not that they lowered the price, it's that they began offering the Mog without the bars, stem and seatpost. So in theory they were offering three options: the $4450 bare frameset; the $5,500 chassis; and built-up bikes. Given the method of hiding the hoses and wires, not sure I would want to try building it up without their propietary stem and bars.

They also have referred to "rolling chassis" meaning, the chassis plus wheels, but Ive never seen a price on that except one they granted dealers a couple months ago.
And now? both the frameset and chassis options (and their automated fit calculator, tooi!) have disappeared from the website, though if you call, they will say those frame and chassis options are still available.
My favorite illogical item on the website is if you look at the Mog or Melee, under suggestions as you scroll down is the custom road frameset and the price shown under it is"$200." OK!... I'll take 10 of them!
That's actually the amount for the deposit.
Yes, I've heard some rumors about they offering without the bars/stem/seatpost which makes no sense given how much they pushed on you about using their integrated cockpit these bikes are sitting around and not being sold, I've seen Melee down 25% as well both framesets and complete force build, was really hoping they would lower their price and not keep it up at sworks level

thumper88

by thumper88

[/quote]

Yes, I've heard some rumors about they offering without the bars/stem/seatpost which makes no sense given how much they pushed on you about using their integrated cockpit these bikes are sitting around and not being sold, I've seen Melee down 25% as well both framesets and complete force build, was really hoping they would lower their price and not keep it up at sworks level
[/quote]

Yeah, given the current bike market situation they would be smart to drop pricing, maybe not as much as say Specialized had been, but at least @ $1,000 on Mog and Melee. That would be enough to spur sales but still leave them well into premium pricing which is Enve's czlling card..

thumper88

by thumper88

Has anyone who has travelled with their Mog or Melee packed it in a travel case?
looking for thoughts on how to do that in a case that requires bars off. Have a really really really nice case now that i want to use and will not be buying or using a soft case like the one enve sells... its nice but would not pass muster with my airline. SO... looking for a solution to get bars off. Maybe those dumb couplers you someties see on shimano equiopped bikes in the shop, but not sure if there is space to put them. Another option may be to try to leave some slack in hydraulics but that seems an unlikely fix as prob can only have an inch or two in front and couple inches for rear.

mogmog

by mogmog

Hey guys,

happy to present my new Mog. Custom painted with the inspiration of a Land Rover defender as a full do it all bike.
Laced up with 3.4 ARs with CK hubs and a 1x 42T-10/52. Already raced it here and was really impressive to see how the bike handles and how stable & fast it can be compared with my old 3T exploro.

https://imgur.com/a/k6ZoUEe

mogmog

by mogmog

thumper88 wrote:
Wed Jan 24, 2024 11:56 pm
Has anyone who has travelled with their Mog or Melee packed it in a travel case?
looking for thoughts on how to do that in a case that requires bars off. Have a really really really nice case now that i want to use and will not be buying or using a soft case like the one enve sells... its nice but would not pass muster with my airline. SO... looking for a solution to get bars off. Maybe those dumb couplers you someties see on shimano equiopped bikes in the shop, but not sure if there is space to put them. Another option may be to try to leave some slack in hydraulics but that seems an unlikely fix as prob can only have an inch or two in front and couple inches for rear.

I travelled recently with a Scicon aerocomfort triathlon case. I took the bars off to avoid any damage but you can leave them on. I would say also the new Evoc pro bike looks good to travel all settled but these are big bags.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com