2023 Enve Mog

The spirit of Grav-lo-cross. No but seriously, cyclocross and gravel go here!

Moderator: Moderator Team

parleez1

by parleez1

kgcx wrote:
Sat Sep 30, 2023 1:58 pm
I ran it with 30mm g5000s and didn't have any issues with BB heights, not sure why they say a 34mm is the lowest. As for it being sluggish on road rides, I really only noticed it when we are doing 25-30mph+ in pacelines. My road bike has much lower stack and narrower bars, so I think that is the issue with the Mog since I am more upright.

I'm running a quarq d zero with 50/34 rings, the standard bolts were too close to the frame but we found some chainring bolts that sat more onboard on the spider and didn't require any ds bb spacers.
Good to know I can run 30mm tires with no issue. I don't have to worry about riding 25-30mph in Paceline, that's a bit ambitious for me, LOL! I'll have to dial in the stack once I get the bike and get some test rides in. Bars will be Enve sea AR aero 42cm, this is the width I ride on my road bike, find it very comfortable so didn't change it.
Decided to go 1x, always have the option to change yo 2x if it doesn't work out. Hope to have the bike in a week or so.

Knightyboy27

by Knightyboy27

thumper88 wrote:
Fri Sep 29, 2023 10:16 pm
Knightyboy27 wrote:
Fri Sep 29, 2023 10:17 am
parleez1 wrote:
Fri Sep 29, 2023 2:58 am
Does anyone have any updates on their MOG's? How are you getting along with your bike? What build are you riding, group and wheels? Did you find the size you purchased is the same size as your road bike? I ride a 56cm Aethos and went with a 54cm MOG, the fit was just closer than the 56cm, anyone else find similar fit issues? I have one on order and I'm curious how everyone who purchased one is enjoying their MOG. Thanks!
Loving my MOG. Bit of a random build of parts from my parts bin including 11 speed di2 (plan to upgrade to new GRX Di2 when released), Ergon CF Allroad seatpost, ZIPP 303 firecrest (old gen 650b). Plan to do a rebuild probably next year (possibly get a custom paintjob)

Fit is always personal, I have it somewhere between my road bikes and my more bikepacking orientated gravel bike (all size 56), as I only plan to do single day rides/races on this (110mm stem, 38cm AR bars, standard angle, 1cm spacer). Could do with more reach, but I'm expecting GRX hoods to add more reach than ultegra 11 speed which will help, and I could probably do with a new bike fit before the rebuild to make sure.

One frustrating thing, I bought a Sigeyi Axo PM for my rotor cranks, and as the BB area is so beefy, I can't safely run it as it's soooo close to the BB, even the smallest amount of grit would grind between the frame and the PM. Unsure of whether the P2M/InSpider would be better.
The rotor crank ... are you running the offset axle in that thing and 2x grx front mech? if so, what chainrings?
Nope, just running it 1x with a Rotor ring and standard road axle.

Didn't think about offset axle, would need some spacers though.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

sigma

by sigma

Knightyboy27 wrote:
parleez1 wrote:
Does anyone have any updates on their MOG's? How are you getting along with your bike? What build are you riding, group and wheels? Did you find the size you purchased is the same size as your road bike? I ride a 56cm Aethos and went with a 54cm MOG, the fit was just closer than the 56cm, anyone else find similar fit issues? I have one on order and I'm curious how everyone who purchased one is enjoying their MOG. Thanks!
Loving my MOG. Bit of a random build of parts from my parts bin including 11 speed di2 (plan to upgrade to new GRX Di2 when released), Ergon CF Allroad seatpost, ZIPP 303 firecrest (old gen 650b). Plan to do a rebuild probably next year (possibly get a custom paintjob)

Fit is always personal, I have it somewhere between my road bikes and my more bikepacking orientated gravel bike (all size 56), as I only plan to do single day rides/races on this (110mm stem, 38cm AR bars, standard angle, 1cm spacer). Could do with more reach, but I'm expecting GRX hoods to add more reach than ultegra 11 speed which will help, and I could probably do with a new bike fit before the rebuild to make sure.

One frustrating thing, I bought a Sigeyi Axo PM for my rotor cranks, and as the BB area is so beefy, I can't safely run it as it's soooo close to the BB, even the smallest amount of grit would grind between the frame and the PM. Unsure of whether the P2M/InSpider would be better.
No issues running 650B on the bike? I have an old set of Enve 650b wheels lying around and was thinking to repurpose them for a gravel build. Had such a positive experience on my Melee this season, the MOG is next on my list.
Lots of bikes: currently riding Enve Melee, Krypton Pro, S Works Crux, S Works Epic Evo, SL7.
In build: SW SL8

Knightyboy27

by Knightyboy27

sigma wrote:
Mon Oct 02, 2023 5:22 pm
Knightyboy27 wrote:
parleez1 wrote:

No issues running 650B on the bike? I have an old set of Enve 650b wheels lying around and was thinking to repurpose them for a gravel build. Had such a positive experience on my Melee this season, the MOG is next on my list.
Nope. As ENVEs comments say, you really don't need 650b (and it has been designed for 700c only) because there's just so much clearance.

Have ridden it plenty with them and no issues so I think it's more just a "don't bother with 650b" rather than you can't actually run them. But like you, I had them lying around and I don't have any high end 700c wheels yet.

parleez1

by parleez1

My new Enve Mog arrived on Tuesday, very excited to take it out for my first ride. Size 54cm frame, Roval Terra CLX ll wheels, Specialized Pathfinder pro tires 42mm, Sram AXS XPLR 1x set up, Enve gravel bars 42cm, 100mm stem and 400mm seatpost. Ready to roll! Just need a warmer day, lol, to cold out!
I'll post my ride impressions after I get a few miles ridden.
Last edited by parleez1 on Fri Nov 03, 2023 7:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mfa81

by mfa81

Building mine this weekend, Force, T-Type XX SL mullet setup with AG25 wheels, went with SES AR bars, and a 40T ring and a spider power meter and a xplr 75mm dropper.

parleez1

by parleez1

mfa81 wrote:
Fri Nov 03, 2023 6:54 pm
Building mine this weekend, Force, T-Type XX SL mullet setup with AG25 wheels, went with SES AR bars, and a 40T ring and a spider power meter and a xplr 75mm dropper.

Congratulations! Looks like we'll both be out on our MOG's this weekend. Look forward to reading your ride impressions and how you like your component choices. Enjoy!

Knightyboy27

by Knightyboy27

mfa81 wrote:

How did you get on with the build?

As mentioned earlier, I had issues with clearance on a spider base PM.

Upgraded to the extended gravel axle from Rotor and much better clearance now.

ilguslo

by ilguslo

Mine. Really nice bike, can do everything

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

kode54

by kode54

Knightyboy27 wrote:
sigma wrote:
Mon Oct 02, 2023 5:22 pm
Knightyboy27 wrote:
parleez1 wrote:

Nope. As ENVEs comments say, you really don't need 650b (and it has been designed for 700c only) because there's just so much clearance.

Have ridden it plenty with them and no issues so I think it's more just a "don't bother with 650b" rather than you can't actually run them. But like you, I had them lying around and I don't have any high end 700c wheels yet.
What’s the height differential between 700x32 tires and a 650bx42 tire? Probably minimal?
- Factor Ostro VAM Disc
- Factor LS Disc
- Specialized Aethos Disc
- Sturdy Ti Allroad Disc
- Guru Praemio R Disc

satanas

by satanas

kode54 wrote:
Sun Nov 12, 2023 12:58 pm
What’s the height differential between 700x32 tires and a 650bx42 tire? Probably minimal?
In theory 9mm smaller radius for 650b (19mm smaller rim but 10mm larger tyre), but in reality probably ~12mm. Depends on the tyres; nominal sizes don't mean much.

parleez1

by parleez1

First ride week ago Saturday, very happy with the fit and performance. On Sunday I ride 18 miles on the road with a friend just to see how it would perform on the road with 42mm tires. The bike is fast. It was a bit more work than riding my Aethos Pro with 28mm tires, but I thought it held its own. The Sram AXS xplr with 44t chainring and 10-44 cassette worked great, didn't miss 2x, and I always have the option to install a smaller chainring if needed. Looking forward to getting back out on some gravel.First ride this past Saturday, very happy with the fit and performance. On Sunday I ride 18 miles on the road with a friend just to see how it would perform on the road with 42mm tires. The bike is fast. It was a bit more work than riding my Aethos Pro with 28mm tires, but I thought it held its own. Looking forward to getting back out on some gravel. Can't figure out how to post a picture.

mfa81

by mfa81

Knightyboy27 wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 11:51 pm
mfa81 wrote:

How did you get on with the build?

As mentioned earlier, I had issues with clearance on a spider base PM.

Upgraded to the extended gravel axle from Rotor and much better clearance now.
sorry I completely missed this, I'm using a force wide spindle crankset and had no issues with clearance, it's close but not a problem. Have about 100mi on it not a problem other them some cable rattling I'm trying to fix now

mfa81

by mfa81

in case you guys missed seems like both melee and mog framsets are gonna follow the foundation wheelset price drops, if you google "enve mog frameset" the enve website link shows $4450, glad I got mine at 25% discount, doesn't look that good now but would be worse if I had paid full price. Not sure if that's gonna happen or not will have to wait, but there is evidence this might be happening soon, I'd be tempted to get a melee if I could go even down to the high $3ks (new price + deal) in a complete frameset chassi

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

guyc

by guyc

Priced more where they should be then.