2023 Enve Mog

The spirit of Grav-lo-cross. No but seriously, cyclocross and gravel go here!

Moderator: Moderator Team

markdjr

by markdjr

tmanley wrote:
Fri Feb 24, 2023 4:35 am
markdjr wrote:
Fri Feb 24, 2023 4:14 am
tmanley wrote:
Thu Feb 23, 2023 4:58 pm
The aggressive downslopping TT makes the ST a bit short for tall people like me. Not sure if a 400mm seatpost in the 60cm frame would even work. Otherwise I'm intrigued.
Whats your saddle height?
91cm from BB to saddle
If my math is right, you are 5cm above minimum insertion on a 60cm MOG

markdjr

by markdjr

alexneumuller wrote:
Fri Feb 24, 2023 11:09 am
guyc wrote:
alexneumuller wrote:
Fri Feb 24, 2023 8:23 am
guyc wrote:I can see everything bar a price.
Do you need another bike? ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I do not. And I last bought a road bike in 2018!
I m tempted…..however I ve put a temporary stop on bike purchases……at least for the rest of 2023. This of course does not the three that are already on the production schedule. Although one has been on order since end of 2020.

What bike have you had backordered for 3 years?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

tmanley

by tmanley

markdjr wrote:
Mon Feb 27, 2023 1:41 am
Enve needs to do a 450-500mm seatpost - or I go find some other company that makes one at this length.

markdjr

by markdjr

tmanley wrote:
Mon Feb 27, 2023 9:34 pm
markdjr wrote:
Enve needs to do a 450-500mm seatpost - or I go find some other company that makes one at this length.
I emailed Darimo and they said a seatpost wasn't on their radar, hopefully they sell a lot and Darimo reconsiders. I'd love to get a seatpost that was a little lighter and more compliant.

sigma

by sigma

markdjr wrote:
Thu Mar 02, 2023 4:56 am
tmanley wrote:
markdjr wrote:
I emailed Darimo and they said a seatpost wasn't on their radar, hopefully they sell a lot and Darimo reconsiders. I'd love to get a seatpost that was a little lighter and more compliant.
It's a standard 27.2 right? Darimo makes those up to 8cm I think.
Lots of bikes: currently riding Enve Melee, Krypton Pro, S Works Crux, S Works Epic Evo, SL7.
In build: SW SL8

alexneumuller

by alexneumuller

markdjr wrote:
alexneumuller wrote:
Fri Feb 24, 2023 11:09 am
guyc wrote:
alexneumuller wrote:
Fri Feb 24, 2023 8:23 am
Do you need another bike? ;)

I do not. And I last bought a road bike in 2018!
I m tempted…..however I ve put a temporary stop on bike purchases……at least for the rest of 2023. This of course does not the three that are already on the production schedule. Although one has been on order since end of 2020.

What bike have you had backordered for 3 years?
Vanilla Cycles Classic

It will arrive when it arrives.

3T Exploro - Bastion - Baum - Colnago - Cielo - English Cycles - Enve - Festka - ISEN - Standert - Open - Pegoretti - Pinarello - Specialized - Sturdy - Stinner - Spoon - Speedvagen - Vanilla Classic - Parlee

Strava
Instagram

markdjr

by markdjr

sigma wrote:
Thu Mar 02, 2023 6:19 pm
markdjr wrote:
Thu Mar 02, 2023 4:56 am
tmanley wrote:
markdjr wrote:
It's a standard 27.2 right? Darimo makes those up to 8cm I think.
My mistake, I got this thread confused with the Melee thread. I'm hoping Darimo will do a Melee seatpost.

parleez1

by parleez1

Does anyone have any updates on their MOG's? How are you getting along with your bike? What build are you riding, group and wheels? Did you find the size you purchased is the same size as your road bike? I ride a 56cm Aethos and went with a 54cm MOG, the fit was just closer than the 56cm, anyone else find similar fit issues? I have one on order and I'm curious how everyone who purchased one is enjoying their MOG. Thanks!

Knightyboy27

by Knightyboy27

parleez1 wrote:
Fri Sep 29, 2023 2:58 am
Does anyone have any updates on their MOG's? How are you getting along with your bike? What build are you riding, group and wheels? Did you find the size you purchased is the same size as your road bike? I ride a 56cm Aethos and went with a 54cm MOG, the fit was just closer than the 56cm, anyone else find similar fit issues? I have one on order and I'm curious how everyone who purchased one is enjoying their MOG. Thanks!
Loving my MOG. Bit of a random build of parts from my parts bin including 11 speed di2 (plan to upgrade to new GRX Di2 when released), Ergon CF Allroad seatpost, ZIPP 303 firecrest (old gen 650b). Plan to do a rebuild probably next year (possibly get a custom paintjob)

Fit is always personal, I have it somewhere between my road bikes and my more bikepacking orientated gravel bike (all size 56), as I only plan to do single day rides/races on this (110mm stem, 38cm AR bars, standard angle, 1cm spacer). Could do with more reach, but I'm expecting GRX hoods to add more reach than ultegra 11 speed which will help, and I could probably do with a new bike fit before the rebuild to make sure.

One frustrating thing, I bought a Sigeyi Axo PM for my rotor cranks, and as the BB area is so beefy, I can't safely run it as it's soooo close to the BB, even the smallest amount of grit would grind between the frame and the PM. Unsure of whether the P2M/InSpider would be better.

parleez1

by parleez1

Knightyboy27 wrote:
Fri Sep 29, 2023 10:17 am
parleez1 wrote:
Loving my MOG. Bit of a random build of parts from my parts bin including 11 speed di2 (plan to upgrade to new GRX Di2 when released), Ergon CF Allroad seatpost, ZIPP 303 firecrest (old gen 650b). Plan to do a rebuild probably next year (possibly get a custom paintjob)

Fit is always personal, I have it somewhere between my road bikes and my more bikepacking orientated gravel bike (all size 56), as I only plan to do single day rides/races on this (110mm stem, 38cm AR bars, standard angle, 1cm spacer). Could do with more reach, but I'm expecting GRX hoods to add more reach than ultegra 11 speed which will help, and I could probably do with a new bike fit before the rebuild to make sure.

One frustrating thing, I bought a Sigeyi Axo PM for my rotor cranks, and as the BB area is so beefy, I can't safely run it as it's soooo close to the BB, even the smallest amount of grit would grind between the frame and the PM. Unsure of whether the P2M/InSpider would be better.
Knightyboy, glad to hear you're loving your MOG! Curious, how tall are you? I'm 5'-10.5" and I'm going to be on a 54cm frame with 100mm stem, not sure of spacers yet, probably 1cm - 1.5cm. My Aethos is a 56cm, a bit longer top tube, but I like the idea of a bit shorter on the MOG, we'll see. Which Enve handlebars are you riding? Are you riding a 0 set back, or set back seat post? Thanks!

Knightyboy27

by Knightyboy27

parleez1 wrote:
Fri Sep 29, 2023 12:32 pm
Knightyboy27 wrote:
parleez1 wrote:

Knightyboy, glad to hear you're loving your MOG! Curious, how tall are you? I'm 5'-10.5" and I'm going to be on a 54cm frame with 100mm stem, not sure of spacers yet, probably 1cm - 1.5cm. My Aethos is a 56cm, a bit longer top tube, but I like the idea of a bit shorter on the MOG, we'll see. Which Enve handlebars are you riding? Are you riding a 0 set back, or set back seat post? Thanks!
I'm 6ft 0", 34" inseam

In-line seatpost, with saddle (Bontrager Aeolus) mounted pretty plumb in the middle of the rails.

38cm ENVE AR handlebars, really love the shape of these.

kgcx

by kgcx

I have around 2k miles on my MOG so far, easily my favorite bike I own. I've done everything on it from fast 22 mph average gravel races to slapping on some deep wheels with road tires to running it as a drop bar mtb with 2.2 conti race kings. It definatly scews more towards that single track to fast gravel type of bike, I found it a little sluggish when I was rocking it on some fast group rides. I came from a Crux and set this up with GRX Di2, I go back and forth between 2x and 1x depending on what I am doing. I'm about 5 foot 9 and run a 54 slammed with a 90mm stem and the 39 hoods/44 drops enve ses aero handlebars.

parleez1

by parleez1

kgcx wrote:
Fri Sep 29, 2023 4:27 pm
I have around 2k miles on my MOG so far, easily my favorite bike I own. I've done everything on it from fast 22 mph average gravel races to slapping on some deep wheels with road tires to running it as a drop bar mtb with 2.2 conti race kings. It definatly scews more towards that single track to fast gravel type of bike, I found it a little sluggish when I was rocking it on some fast group rides. I came from a Crux and set this up with GRX Di2, I go back and forth between 2x and 1x depending on what I am doing. I'm about 5 foot 9 and run a 54 slammed with a 90mm stem and the 39 hoods/44 drops enve ses aero handlebars.
Curious what size road tires you ride. Enve suggests 34mm being the narrowest to run on this bike. Are you saying you found it sluggish when running road tires and wheels?
How do you compare it to your Crux as a gravel bike and a road bike. Thanks!

thumper88

by thumper88

Knightyboy27 wrote:
parleez1 wrote:

The rotor crank ... are you running the offset axle in that thing and 2x grx front mech? if so, what chainrings?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

kgcx

by kgcx

I ran it with 30mm g5000s and didn't have any issues with BB heights, not sure why they say a 34mm is the lowest. As for it being sluggish on road rides, I really only noticed it when we are doing 25-30mph+ in pacelines. My road bike has much lower stack and narrower bars, so I think that is the issue with the Mog since I am more upright.

I'm running a quarq d zero with 50/34 rings, the standard bolts were too close to the frame but we found some chainring bolts that sat more onboard on the spider and didn't require any ds bb spacers.