Donnelly PDX WC tubeless - is there a black version?

The spirit of Grav-lo-cross. No but seriously, cyclocross and gravel go here!

Moderator: Moderator Team

erik$

by erik$

Can anyone confirm that the 240tpi tubeless version actually exists in black? I see them in some webstores, but the print on the side does not seem to specify "wc" as for the tan version. They are probably just using pictures of the regular tubeless version, but would be good to know for sure.

Thanks

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

hendemic

by hendemic

Interested! I'm running a 3 year old Clemnt MXPs and am interested in swapping the front to a PDX with more grip!

erik$

by erik$

I took the chance and ordered a pair. I saw the picture of the black tire with wc printing on biketiresdirect, so it seems to exist.

nova16

by nova16

Do you get your order?

erik$

by erik$

Yes, and I can confirm it is indeed the proper wc version. Measured 32mm on a 19.5 mm internal rim. In my opinion they have gone a bit too conservative considering I was not able to fit a rimpact insert from scratch, but it also males it possible to install them on wider rims. I checked it on an mtb rim I had with an internal width of 23.5 mm and it came out under 33 mm at 40 psi. Maybe it stretches a bit over time to make it possible to fit an insert. The bead to bead (b2b) measurement is 80 mm.