Long lasting / rebuildable ultralight pump?

The spirit of Grav-lo-cross. No but seriously, cyclocross and gravel go here!

Moderator: Moderator Team

QUATITE

by QUATITE

I've read every topic where the recommendations come up, but I am still not able to pull the trigger.

I really want one of the tiny tiny ultralight pumps like the Nana... they are incredibly small and light.

But more important is something that won't be finnicky or break, and I find it hard to believe that these extra light ones will last the test of time. Alternatively, one that might wear out, but that has replaceable parts may be a good compromise.

Lastly, I exclusively ride on wide 650bs, currently around 40psi, so I don't need something that can do road bike pressure. Most of the recommendations I've seen here were for road tires, ther Roadie TT came up quite a bit.

Topeak has something gravel specific, but it is 101g... is there any ideal pump that is tiny and light and not to sensitive?

A plus would be with a small tube, as the direct mounting ones seem less forgiving.

Appreciate your advice!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

nooski

by nooski

Lezyne Pocket Drive HV - 89 g, good for bigger tires, hose, durable

https://ride.lezyne.com/collections/han ... t-drive-hv
Dum spiro spero
my bike: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=130302

Steve Curtis
Location: Hampshire UK, Dublin Ireland and Geneva Switzerland.

by Steve Curtis

I'll probably get shot down for this.

I've had I think 6 lezyne pumps over the past ten years and they've all been pretty crappy. Most have failed by the piston head falling off.
For mtb and gravel I now use a silca tattico which is a little bigger and heavier than I'd like, but it's well worth the money.

Silca have a new GRAVELERO which is smaller and lighter,so could be a good option.

Maybe lezyne have improved in the past couple of years but for the money, I think they're mediocre.
They also unscrew tubeless valves which is a pain - again, they may have solved this.

naska7942

by naska7942

xiaomi air pump

jacobeh

by jacobeh

I've been using this pump for a couple of years now and have been really happy - decent weight and easily fits into a jersey pocket

https://www.specialized.com/us/en/air-t ... p/p/173607

Weighted mine at 98g so not super lightweight

Tifosiphil

by Tifosiphil

I've been using this, not the best for high volume but as a last ditch it also builds in a Co2 head. Mine came in at 77g and full alloy construction: https://ridepdw.com/products/ninja-pump

kgbianchi

by kgbianchi

Steve Curtis wrote:
Fri Nov 04, 2022 3:19 pm

I've had I think 6 lezyne pumps over the past ten years and they've all been pretty crappy. Most have failed by the piston head falling off.
For mtb and gravel I now use a silca tattico which is a little bigger and heavier than I'd like, but it's well worth the money.

Silca have a new GRAVELERO which is smaller and lighter,so could be a good option.

Maybe lezyne have improved in the past couple of years but for the money, I think they're mediocre.
They also unscrew tubeless valves which is a pain - again, they may have solved this.
Interesting, I have had the same Lezyne for the past 10 years. This year I found out the the hose was cracked while I was inflating a flat tire (barely got it inflated enough). Fortunately Lezyne sells rebuild kits. Should be good for another 10 years.

CampagYOLO

by CampagYOLO

Steve Curtis wrote:
Fri Nov 04, 2022 3:19 pm

I've had exactly the same experience as you.

In the end I've gone back to basics with a SKS Airboy. No hose is a little annoying but it means it doesn't unscrew valve cores, also means no removable parts which then fall off.

It weighs 60 grams so pretty light as hand pumps go and it's cheap.

ms6073

by ms6073

Although I have not had to use it very often, I like the BBB Samurai BMP-50 which has worked pretty well for both road and gravel tires. I run tubeless so use relatively low pressures on the road (60-65 psi max) and 28-35 psi on the gravel tires, but since the pump is of the telescoping design, it also has come in handy as a deterent I can wave it menacingly at ooverly aggressive dogs on those rare occasion when they get to up close and personal!
- Michael
"People should stop expecting normal from me... seriously, we all know it's never going to happen"

cdrx

by cdrx

Has anyone tried the Airbone ZT-702?

59g and the size of a Co² cartridge but I'm afraid it will take ages to inflate a tire.

ricerocket

by ricerocket

QUATITE wrote:
Thu Nov 03, 2022 10:03 pm
I really want one of the tiny tiny ultralight pumps like the Nana... they are incredibly small and light.
The Nana is the tertiary option for me, if I exhaust my two CO2 carts, then the Nana exists as the backup to the backup (which means it has never been used).

For me, the Nana is the perfect pump. Light, capable enough, and cheap. I can buy 3-4+ Nanas for the price of any other micro pump.

MikeD

by MikeD

I have gotten O-ring for my Topeak pumps, but I don't think any on bike pumps are rebuildable.

nooski

by nooski

No problems with Lezyne. Unscrewing valves is a common user error when not using ABS valve before unscrewing a hose. I have sold hundreds in the shop and can't recall any problem.
Dum spiro spero
my bike: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=130302

Steve Curtis
Location: Hampshire UK, Dublin Ireland and Geneva Switzerland.

by Steve Curtis

nooski wrote:
Thu Nov 10, 2022 12:28 pm
No problems with Lezyne. Unscrewing valves is a common user error when not using ABS valve before unscrewing a hose. I have sold hundreds in the shop and can't recall any problem.
Mine were pre abs. I think it was introduced to overcome value unscrewing issue.
It was more a mountain bike issues as they up took tubeless long before road caught on.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Vik61

by Vik61

Canyon Grizl
Trek Supercaliber