2023 Factor Ostro Gravel

The spirit of Grav-lo-cross. No but seriously, cyclocross and gravel go here!

Moderator: Moderator Team

robeambro

by robeambro

GaBa wrote:
Fri Sep 16, 2022 9:37 am
It'll be priced as Ostro indeed, I was given a number 6k+€ for frame (not sure but usually with factor that means bars and seatpost as well +CS BB?). Crazy numbers, one to put into topic "is anyone else done with absurd prices" in cycle chat part of the forum :)

And it will be electronic groupset only, so no Ekar.
I can only imagine they'd discontinue the LS - it makes no sense whatsoever that the Ostro be nearly 3x the price..

stevesbike

by stevesbike

robeambro wrote:
Fri Sep 16, 2022 1:13 pm
GaBa wrote:
Fri Sep 16, 2022 9:37 am
It'll be priced as Ostro indeed, I was given a number 6k+€ for frame (not sure but usually with factor that means bars and seatpost as well +CS BB?). Crazy numbers, one to put into topic "is anyone else done with absurd prices" in cycle chat part of the forum :)

And it will be electronic groupset only, so no Ekar.
I can only imagine they'd discontinue the LS - it makes no sense whatsoever that the Ostro be nearly 3x the price..
It makes sense to keep it - the difference in price points is intentional to cover different segments of buyers. It's the same as with the O2 and the Ostro.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

cycleboyco

by cycleboyco

I watched the pre-launch zoom call/webinar. My takeaways:
  • Although they stopped short of calling it a one bike quiver, they seemed to push that ideally you would use this with 2 wheelsets-a road set with 30-32mm and then a gravel set with 40-43mm
  • They had Dylan Johnson on, one of their pro gravel riders, who said both his Ostro Gravel and LS builds came in at about 19 lbs
  • They will soon have an aero bar that will bolt directly onto the top of the integrated bar. I have not used aerobars in gravel, but might give it a try if I decide to buy this bike
  • New integrated bar, I think, with some flare. Minor, but also a new computer mount for the bar that has the go pro attachment integrated away from the end so that the mount would be less likely to break
  • Sounded like they actually have some inventory of frames and parts ready to start getting some builds out

JeffK

by JeffK

Yeah i thought it was a good technical presentation. A couple things I thought were interesting:

- Revised seat post saddle clamp. I have had issues with my LS single bolt clamp on rough terrain at race pace. This will be a nice improvement.
- They took into account the handling characteristic differences between road/gravel tires with designing the fork such that the trail is optimized for both setups.
- The new integrated bar/stem has some flare to it (~7deg?) which starts just below the shifter mounting points. Its roughly 3cm wider in the drops vs the tops. The new bar will also work on the Ostro VAM, etc. There is also a new computer/go-pro type mount that is pretty slick that will really help when adding heavy lights. This mount is also backwards compatible as well.
- Designed for tires up to 45mm
-------
2021 Factor Ostro VAM
2021 Factor LS
2018 Trek Speed Concept

kode54

by kode54

New computer mount with GoPro adapter mount has been out for more than a month. I've been using it with my LS and Ostro...and is a nice upgrade since it has an angle adjustment that you can set...unlike previous version which always pointed downwards and never looked right.
- Factor Ostro VAM Disc
- Factor LS Disc
- Specialized Aethos Disc
- Sturdy Ti Allroad Disc
- Guru Praemio R Disc

kode54

by kode54

- Factor Ostro VAM Disc
- Factor LS Disc
- Sturdy Ti Allroad Disc
- Guru Praemio R Disc

smartyiak

by smartyiak

kode54 wrote:
Mon Sep 12, 2022 10:31 am
…maybe less than the $5500US?
Nailed it! :D

kode54

by kode54

Its a $1 too much for me! LOL
- Factor Ostro VAM Disc
- Factor LS Disc
- Sturdy Ti Allroad Disc
- Guru Praemio R Disc

mrlobber

by mrlobber

kode54 wrote:
Fri Sep 23, 2022 4:33 pm
New computer mount with GoPro adapter mount has been out for more than a month. I've been using it with my LS and Ostro...and is a nice upgrade since it has an angle adjustment that you can set...unlike previous version which always pointed downwards and never looked right.
Is it lighter than the previous one?
Minimum bike categories required in the stable:
Aero bike | GC bike | GC rim bike | Climbing bike | Climbing rim bike | Classics bike | Gravel bike | TT bike | Indoors bike

kode54

by kode54

Not really...although the base is a durable plastic, maybe ABS. Metal computer mount attaches via metal bolt which I replaced with titanium as well as the light attachment bolt. I can weigh it since I have a spare.
- Factor Ostro VAM Disc
- Factor LS Disc
- Sturdy Ti Allroad Disc
- Guru Praemio R Disc

kode54

by kode54

35g for single GoPro adapter version. Image
Oops. Was at 35g. Now show 40g.
- Factor Ostro VAM Disc
- Factor LS Disc
- Sturdy Ti Allroad Disc
- Guru Praemio R Disc

kode54

by kode54

Double GoPro adapter version is 45g.
- Factor Ostro VAM Disc
- Factor LS Disc
- Sturdy Ti Allroad Disc
- Guru Praemio R Disc

Conradsleight

by Conradsleight

kode54 wrote:
Fri Sep 23, 2022 4:33 pm
This mount (or a version like it) already ships with the Ostro VAM. Mine (delivered a little over a month ago) has one. It's pretty slick.

Aryeh

by Aryeh

kode54 wrote:Double GoPro adapter version is 45g.
I use mine with a 3d printed Hammerhead Karoo mount.
Its 32gImage

kode54

by kode54

I would do the same with my Karoo2, but too many bikes and with gravel bike set up for Garmin mount, it was easier to stick with the quarter turn.
- Factor Ostro VAM Disc
- Factor LS Disc
- Sturdy Ti Allroad Disc
- Guru Praemio R Disc

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com