2023 Factor Ostro Gravel

The spirit of Grav-lo-cross. No but seriously, cyclocross and gravel go here!

Moderator: Moderator Team

Steve Curtis
Location: Hampshire UK, Dublin Ireland and Geneva Switzerland.

by Steve Curtis

I though I was the only one who balanced one bike on top of another to check fit 🤣😂

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Steadimann

by Steadimann

Mine has not arrived yet, but made a photo for local BS. Mine should be coming in custom colour shortly :lol:

FlatlandClimber

by FlatlandClimber

Great looking machine!
Cervelo P5 Disc (2021) 9.1kg
Factor Ostro Gravel (2023) 8.0kg
S-Works SL8 (2023) 6.3kg

*weights are race ready, size 58/L.
Sold: Venge, S5 Disc, Roubaix Team, Open WI.DE, Émonda, Shiv TT, Crux, Aethos, SL7

hobe

by hobe

Steadimann wrote:
Sat Jan 28, 2023 11:47 pm
Mine has not arrived yet, but made a photo for local BS. Mine should be coming in custom colour shortly :lol:
Did you do the custom color through Factor? I didn't see that as an option on their website.

Steadimann

by Steadimann

hobe wrote:
Sun Jan 29, 2023 8:47 pm
Steadimann wrote:
Sat Jan 28, 2023 11:47 pm
Did you do the custom color through Factor? I didn't see that as an option on their website.
Yes. It's not available on the website but when I talked to the dealer, they talked to Factor and they agreed to do it, so I went on to make the scheme for road Ostro, should be ready hopefully in a month or so.

robeambro

by robeambro

-

FlatlandClimber

by FlatlandClimber

This week the handlebar with the mounting points for extensions will be officially launched.
S-Works SL8 (2023) 6.3kg

Sold: Venge, S5 Disc, Roubaix Team, Open WI.DE, Émonda, Shiv TT, Crux, Aethos, SL7

robeambro

by robeambro

FlatlandClimber wrote:
Thu Feb 09, 2023 10:44 pm
This week the handlebar with the mounting points for extensions will be officially launched.
Are you getting one? You have seemed too interested :lol:

FlatlandClimber

by FlatlandClimber

:thumbup:
robeambro wrote:
Fri Feb 10, 2023 10:34 am
FlatlandClimber wrote:
Thu Feb 09, 2023 10:44 pm
Are you getting one? You have seemed too interested :lol:
:lol:

Who knows...

Edit: my polish is very bad, but this looks about right:
https://naszosie.pl/2023/02/10/premiera ... o-barstem/
S-Works SL8 (2023) 6.3kg

FlatlandClimber

by FlatlandClimber

I Found interesting that it has a different shape to the road going version (more flare in the drops, possibly different shape drops). Not that that it's surprising a gravel handlebar is more flared than a road going version, but I expected them to do exactly the same.
S-Works SL8 (2023) 6.3kg

cycleboyco

by cycleboyco

I think the new bar is supposed to be more aero than the current one. The one that came with my Ostro Gravel was a little short, so I have the version with the extensions on the way with a longer stem, as I have been gravel aerobar-curious. I have really liked the shape of the bars I have in all positions-tops, hoods and drops. The drops seem really long, so nice for cruising. A little put off by the 40 gram increase in weight for the version that take the extensions over an already heavy bar, but probably the price to pay for the presumed extra material needed around the mounting points. I used to do a lot of TT races, but have never tried aero bars on a gravel bike-will be sure to do a lot of practice before using them in a race and even then will only use them in a small group or if I get stuck on my own. Also hoping the eTap AXS wireless blips will fit on the ends of the extensions without a lot of customizing. I would hope Factor will start make this bar an option when folks order their full bikes versus having to order it separately.

A fellow WW member has had the aero bars with extensions for a little while now-hoping he will chime in and share his ride/fit experience on this set-up.

robeambro

by robeambro

Should be getting the OG in a few weeks, but I should receive my HB02 bars later than expected and was thinking of setting it up temporarily with a quick, dirty and cheap bar and stem combo. I was wondering whether any owners could help me figure out how to go about this? I'm not entirely sure on what would be compatible. The less faff the better as it should only be a temporary solution, but I am open to every possibility so long as it's not too expensive.

FlatlandClimber

by FlatlandClimber

I love the solution with extensions, as Gravel is often focused on very long distances/ time, and extensions are not only by far the biggest upgrade to get aero, but also to get comfy.
To have that integrated into a non-round solution, is pretty nice.
S-Works SL8 (2023) 6.3kg

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

hobe

by hobe

robeambro wrote:
Thu Feb 16, 2023 10:43 am
Should be getting the OG in a few weeks, but I should receive my HB02 bars later than expected and was thinking of setting it up temporarily with a quick, dirty and cheap bar and stem combo. I was wondering whether any owners could help me figure out how to go about this? I'm not entirely sure on what would be compatible. The less faff the better as it should only be a temporary solution, but I am open to every possibility so long as it's not too expensive.
You could probably do it with a regular bar & stem as long as you didn't slam the stem to the headset. With some regular round spacers between the the headset and stem you might have enough room to have the brake lines make the turn into the headset opening. You can get a sense of this starting on page 10 of the manual:
https://factorbikes.com/wp-content/uplo ... al_v01.pdf