New trek boone feedback

The spirit of Grav-lo-cross. No but seriously, cyclocross and gravel go here!

Moderator: Moderator Team

shale136

by shale136

Some great feedback on here, thanks for the information. Im in the same boat and just aobut to press send on an order for 2 new 2023 Boones!

I currently have 2 x 2019 RSL Boones which I know and love and race them most weekends. Ive been debating the new ones for ages now but slightly disspaointed that the new ones are no lighter than my current ones but getting a better BB to use with a SRAM Red (DUB) crank should be great.

My plan is to use as a road bike in summer with a double front and then back to a single for winter and the CX season as needed.

In regard to the internal routing of the cables now, where they disspaear into the top of the headset, does this now mean that if you need to replace the headset bearing that you need to disconnect both the hydraulic pipes to swap the bearing out - normally 10 min job!

Close to pushing the button now!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D

jfranci3

by jfranci3

jjones wrote:
Sat Sep 17, 2022 5:15 pm
pb85 wrote:
Sat Sep 17, 2022 8:19 am
I picked up Emonda SL size 58 this week, seems to be similar weight. Anyway, I belive you're going to be happy with this Boone frame as I am
I have a 2019 Boone RSL disc that is great - and I only got this new one due to marketing indicating the frame is 850 grams, however, I likely only noticed what I wanted to see since there is other marketing indicating the frame/fork for the 2022 is 15XX grams, which is what mine is. Therefore, I replaced a perfectly good boone for a very marginal gain, or in other words, I probably paid about 3,000 dollars to save about 100-200 grams for frame and fork - but I am excited about the new cable routing so that is a positive!
What? No. A basic, unpainted Emonda frame-only is around that. A fork is going to weighs about 450grams and the paint is probably 100gr. This also has a pivot at 50-100gr. It's still pretty light frame though!
You're probably getting a better road bike if you use it as a one bike and it can fit 40s for gravel duty - you've saved 250gr and got a much more flexible bike.

The 2014 Boone put out the same numbers as the Domane in Tours frame test. The new one probably rides the same on road tires.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

fizzaz

by fizzaz

Digging this thread back up in hopes more people have their hands on some now.

Any idea of the chainring clearance? Trek is normally overly conservative with tire clearance and I am curious if this extends to the max chainring listed. Would this frameset clear a 52/36 chainring set?

And has anyone confirmed if the 42ish tire fits?

pb85

by pb85

I'm using Boone 2023 withe a Getaway 40mm on Aelous 37 V RSL rim (25mm internal)- it is almost 42mm with still good few milimetres on sites :thumbup: