New GRX this year?

The spirit of Grav-lo-cross. No but seriously, cyclocross and gravel go here!

Moderator: Moderator Team

markdjr

by markdjr

RDY wrote:
Thu Jan 26, 2023 4:49 pm
markdjr wrote:
Thu Jan 26, 2023 6:11 am
RDY wrote:
Tue Jan 24, 2023 12:29 pm
markdjr wrote:
Tue Jan 24, 2023 5:43 am
I'm running 50/34 XTR 10-45t, love the wide range.
With what? That's a 12s cassette and all previous reports indicate that 2x and SRAM long cage don't work together. Cage mod on Shimano road 12s?
I've run it on 2 bikes, Shimano DA 12spd with long b screw as well as SRAM Red AXS w/ Wolftooth or AXS XPLR. While it is not listed as 2x compatible, AXS XPLR will work with front derailleur in my experience.
RDY wrote:
You just swapped to a longer B-screw bolt and it worked on the DA12s? Pics of both setups?
The DA/Long B screw works, but not very well at all. I am pretty sure it would work better/well with the Wolftooth, but I haven't tried it yet.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

RDY

by RDY

markdjr wrote:
Mon Jan 30, 2023 5:48 pm
RDY wrote:
markdjr wrote:
RDY wrote:
Tue Jan 24, 2023 12:29 pm

With what? That's a 12s cassette and all previous reports indicate that 2x and SRAM long cage don't work together. Cage mod on Shimano road 12s?
I've run it on 2 bikes, Shimano DA 12spd with long b screw as well as SRAM Red AXS w/ Wolftooth or AXS XPLR. While it is not listed as 2x compatible, AXS XPLR will work with front derailleur in my experience.
RDY wrote:
You just swapped to a longer B-screw bolt and it worked on the DA12s? Pics of both setups?
The DA/Long B screw works, but not very well at all. I am pretty sure it would work better/well with the Wolftooth, but I haven't tried it yet.

Thanks. Though I was hoping to see the the FD and RD. Are those Cava Race tires?

Do you mean better with the WolfTooth long screw? Or one of their other products? You are running third party cages though, which I'd guess is the key to this working. What are the official capacities of the DA / Red XPLR CS OSPW cages?

markdjr

by markdjr

RDY wrote:
Mon Jan 30, 2023 6:42 pm
markdjr wrote:
Mon Jan 30, 2023 5:48 pm
RDY wrote:
markdjr wrote:

Thanks. Though I was hoping to see the the FD and RD. Are those Cava Race tires?

Do you mean better with the WolfTooth long screw? Or one of their other products? You are running third party cages though, which I'd guess is the key to this working. What are the official capacities of the DA / Red XPLR CS OSPW cages?
I meant I think Dura Ace and Wolftooth Roadlink would work better than Dura Ace and long b screw. I do think the cages make a difference in it working or not, but I think you could likely do this with the stock cages as well. I don't know what the official capacity is but I am WAY outside it. To be clear, the picture above is standard RED not XPLR, the RED/Wolftooth seemed to work better than RED XPLR based on my quick test in the stand.

we51

by we51

Does anyone have good advice on where to buy full GRX RX815 groupset in (or to) the US? Most retailers seem to list all the components individually which makes comparing full costs a chore. I'll do it one part at a time if I have to, but it would be nice to be able to compare a full package.

ultimobici
in the industry

by ultimobici

we51 wrote:
Thu Feb 02, 2023 6:12 am
Does anyone have good advice on where to buy full GRX RX815 groupset in (or to) the US? Most retailers seem to list all the components individually which makes comparing full costs a chore. I'll do it one part at a time if I have to, but it would be nice to be able to compare a full package.
Shimano GRX Di2 has never been available as a groupset. Some dealers used to offer a package but with supply issues that is harder and harder to manage. The variations between 1X & 2x make it a pain because you always end up with the stuff no one wants! Just look for the parts individually.

SQUICCHI

by SQUICCHI

Hello, can anyone tell me if it's possible to install a Ceramic Speed OSWP-X cage on the Shimano rear derailleur GRX-817 with 1 x front ring and 11-40 cassette?
Would it work?
CeramicSpeed said that isn't possible, max 34 cogs at the back, but maybe despite they say that somebody tried it.........
Let me know, thanks in advance,

Andrea

Ritxis

by Ritxis

new Shimano patent related to cassettes/freehubs
In it the 3 types of freehubs are represented (Microspline, HG+ and HG) Will it have something to do with the next GRX?

https://image-ppubs.uspto.gov/dirsearch ... f/11578761

ultimobici
in the industry

by ultimobici

Ritxis wrote:
Tue Feb 14, 2023 3:06 pm
new Shimano patent related to cassettes/freehubs
In it the 3 types of freehubs are represented (Microspline, HG+ and HG) Will it have something to do with the next GRX?

https://image-ppubs.uspto.gov/dirsearch ... f/11578761
So, no Microspline Road?

markdjr

by markdjr

SQUICCHI wrote:
Mon Feb 13, 2023 8:06 pm
Hello, can anyone tell me if it's possible to install a Ceramic Speed OSWP-X cage on the Shimano rear derailleur GRX-817 with 1 x front ring and 11-40 cassette?
Would it work?
CeramicSpeed said that isn't possible, max 34 cogs at the back, but maybe despite they say that somebody tried it.........
Let me know, thanks in advance,

Andrea
I think I tried to fit an OSPW to an rx817 and it did not work out. I think you can run a GRX815 and an 11-40 cassette, even though its stated capacity is 34t.

ooo

by ooo

more spare parts for 12s mechanical grx
RD-RX820 and ST-RX820

Image Image
'

CarlosFerreiro

by CarlosFerreiro

The new Shimano CUES family to replace all mechanical, flat and drop bar, from 9 to 11 speed?
GRX as a12 speed only range? A mechanical and a Di2 option?

Ritxis

by Ritxis

CarlosFerreiro wrote:
Tue Feb 28, 2023 5:57 pm
The new Shimano CUES family to replace all mechanical, flat and drop bar, from 9 to 11 speed?
GRX as a12 speed only range? A mechanical and a Di2 option?
read more about the CUES, which seems to only be related to Mtb/urban systems below the Deore...if there are CUES in road groups I suppose they would be below the Tiagra

CarlosFerreiro

by CarlosFerreiro

The articles so far suggest CUES to replace Deore down and Tiagra down with a common ecosystem across flat and dropbar for 9,10 and 11 speed options, all sharing the same mech geo, cassette sprocket spacing and cable pull ratios, all using an 11sp spec chain. No dropbar stuff shown yet though.
Last edited by CarlosFerreiro on Tue Mar 14, 2023 12:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

saba

by saba

Any more rumours or leaks?
Sitting on a 2x11 GRX groupset and unsure to install.

satanas

by satanas

There's been nothing substantial at all about Cues for road - only rumours about rumours. No need to panic about it yet, but if it happens panicking will be eminently reasonable IMHO. Cues might be good for OEMS, but a nightmare for everyone else until all the pre-Cues stuff is worn out or has been abandoned.

The only part that's really missing for 12 speed GRX is a clutched rear derailleur; all the other bits are mostly present in other groups. They might not have the same cosmetics, but that shouldn't matter much...

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com