Wilier quality (think twice buying this)

The spirit of Grav-lo-cross. No but seriously, cyclocross and gravel go here!

Moderator: Moderator Team

Butcher
Shop Owner

by Butcher

Then again, the frame gets 'fixed', the rider gets hurt, the company gets sued, the company tells the judge that the frame was considered no good, then the real question comes "Why did you not destroy it"?

Common sense, crush it or the lawyers will crush you.

I'm still lost how someone can take all the paint off a frame and expect that there is any warranty. I know any butchery I do on any of my private property is not going to have a warranty when I'm done.

I know from the automotive industry, anything can be fixed before it leaves the factory and still be considered new. I do not think there is a law against it. If this 'fix' fails, then there would be a warranty. If you think this fix is of poor quality, I think you underestimate the lawyers. I suspect it was done right but I'm not sold that there is a fault that occurred either.

AJS914

by AJS914

I still can't believe that you stripped this frame. It was perfectly good. The fork was never broken. A million patches of carbon are how frames are made these days. Maybe the helicoil threads were intentional, meant to be stronger than the aluminum mount? Or, maybe the Wilier factory was at fault here and did repair the threads. If it did happen at the factory, it didn't happen at the frame making facility. It happened whereever they do assembly. Probably a worker repaired it after stripping the threads installing the brake. You can't blame Wilier for not checking the threads on every single bike that comes out of their factory (in asia I presume).

In any case, I'm not sure what you'd expect from any bike company after showing them those pictures. Of course, they are going to recoil in horror at the aggressive sanding marks.

Vik61 wrote:
Wed Feb 09, 2022 12:21 pm

But, this ugly color... I can't sleep and decide to repaint whole frameset.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Karvalo

by Karvalo

Vik61 wrote:
Sun Feb 13, 2022 6:54 pm
And one more time.
Up fork brake inserts made from steel (magnetic), was reinstalled with patch around fork leg,
One more time, how do you know that?

Kubackjeee

by Kubackjeee

Can u show the build with new color?
Scott addict rc
Specialized Diverge e5 comp 2019