Checkpoint SLR Vs Crux S-works frameset

The spirit of Grav-lo-cross. No but seriously, cyclocross and gravel go here!

Moderator: Moderator Team

fa63

by fa63

I have only test ridden customers' Checkpoints after working on them, but I do own a 2022 Crux. It has been my main gravel and road bike since I bought it new. I find the ride quality to be good both on and off-road. I also ride a decent amount of chunky gravel and while it is not the most comfortable thing ever, I find it to be good enough for ~3ish hour rides. I do have a Redshift Sports Shockstop suspension stem on it which I think helps.

I also weigh 100 kg and have ridden my Crux on almost every type of feasible terrain (including some rough singletrack), and it is still in one-piece :-)

satanas

by satanas

raggedtrousers wrote:
Wed Dec 13, 2023 8:07 pm
I've ridden a Crux and a Checkpoint, though the Checkpoint was the 'standard' SL model.

<snip>

The Checkpoint definitely had a smoother ride, made life noticeably easier on mtb-lite stuff, had more obvious storage options and mounting points, and felt more of a dedicated gravel bike. It wasn't slow by any means but it also wasn't electric and I wouldn't want to ride it hard on the road. It's definitely a more sensible and practical option IMO for most people.
Thank you - very helpful! Around here gravel = mtb-lite, so I've been thinking a Checkpoint SL5 with a Shockstop stem, lower gearing, bigger tyres +/- a dropper post might be a good solution.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com