2022 Scott Addict Gravel

The spirit of Grav-lo-cross. No but seriously, cyclocross and gravel go here!

Moderator: Moderator Team

ice29

by ice29

robeambro wrote:
Mon Jun 12, 2023 3:52 pm
This is pretty much the case with many gravel bikes, including my Ostro Gravel. I'd buy a 40mm tyre for the rear and keep the 44mm for the front, no need to forgo the larger volume at the front if you are tackling gnarly / technical gravel.
Thanks, I have read about that issue with other bikes but I thought Scott increased the chainstay or something, since they spec it with 45mm tires by default (with non-wide AXS 2x cranksets)... I would probably do it like you write, just put slightly smaller tire to the back, I do not fancy 1x setup that much...

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

London9921

by London9921

Does the RR 2.0 stem allow internal routing inside the stem, or do the cables only run below it as it comes built on the stock models without the integrated cockpit?

I purchased a (narrower) handlebar, the Creston 1.5 narrow handlebar with aero/ergo tops which allows for internal routing via the stem.

If the stock stem doesn't allow internal routing is there still a possibility of routing the cables from underneath the stem through a different clamp into the bar?

I don't mind running the cables below the bars but would prefer internal due to cleaner look.

ice29

by ice29

London9921 wrote:
Fri Jun 23, 2023 1:59 pm
Does the RR 2.0 stem allow internal routing inside the stem, or do the cables only run below it as it comes built on the stock models without the integrated cockpit?

I purchased a (narrower) handlebar, the Creston 1.5 narrow handlebar with aero/ergo tops which allows for internal routing via the stem.

If the stock stem doesn't allow internal routing is there still a possibility of routing the cables from underneath the stem through a different clamp into the bar?

I don't mind running the cables below the bars but would prefer internal due to cleaner look.
I don't have that stem but I googled some photos from below and it doesn't seem possible, there is no hole in the stem itself, the cables run below and are held by the cover... The bar you linked is designed to work with RR IC stem from Addict RC, so I don't think you will bake it work with RR2.0. So either different bars or you need to buy the RR IC stem (they are pricy and heavy). If you need 110mm or 120mm stem I could send you one (free), but I guess on gravel Addict you might have 100mm...

ice29

by ice29

So I finally built my Addict Gravel Tuned, just missing the cages and Syncros thick bar tape (coming in 2 days)
Will probably have to cut the steerer later, now it's much higher than my Addict RC, but will try it out on a few rides...
Went for 43/30 chainrings for >15% gravel climbs (I like to spin), with 10-36 cassette (a pity they don't make a Red version of this one, hate Force cassettes, heavy and noisy... maybe one day). I am missing a powermeter now, I might go for the new spindle based left-only Force version, it's pretty cheap as whole crankset (but if they made a Red version would buy it instead). I have a few Quarq 107 BCD powermeters but no luck with 43/30 chainrings (and don't want to run pedal based PM on gravel or MTB...)
The BMC 321 wheelset is a bit heavy (~1600g) but I got it very cheap, guess it should be fine for now.
With 44mm Tufo Thundero there is 2-3 mm space between the tire and FD battery - I uploaded a pic some weeks ago but with properly setup FD it's actually okay-ish. Though I might swap the tires (or at least the rear one) for 40mm version.

It's 7.99kg without pedals, tape and cages (with tubes, will set it up tubeless later). Also the saddle is Ergon SR Allroad Core Pro carbon, which is a bit heavy (220g) but if it's comfortable I might accept the penalty :) (it's much easier to get superlight saddles on a road bike)

plrww

by plrww

London9921 wrote:

I replaced the stock flared handlebar of the Scott Addict Gravel 30 with the exactly same Syncros Creston 1.5 Compact road handlebar you have. For now I have routed the cables like with the original handlebar underneath the stem. The plan is to buy the Syncros RR 1.5 stem, but I couldn't find it at the 110 mm length. So I'm now not able to use the internal routing of the handlebar because the RR 2.0 stem doesn't support this.

The non-flared handlebar feel is very different from the flared with tilted levers. The straight road bar is definitely my preferred handlebar. Of course the integrated carbon non-flared road bar is an option, but quite an expensive one.

ice29

by ice29

Had a few rides on mine and I love it, much better feeling than on the On-One Free Ranger that I also have... very close to the Addict RC
A bit more relaxed geo is super good, climbs very well.. the only difference I really spot is the flared handlebars in 44cm (versus Creston IC SL combo I have on the RC, which is 42cm). Not sure I really like the flare, might change it to normal road combo without any flare later.. (but will give it a try on lighter trails, there it might be more useful, on normal gravel it's a bit more disturbing)
Was thinking about selling it after I built it up (too many bikes, haha), but will definitely keep it, really fun to ride :)

mr.wulf

by mr.wulf

A bit dusty from last ride 😎

mr.wulf

by mr.wulf

London9921

by London9921

ice29 wrote:
Sun Jun 25, 2023 8:18 pm
London9921 wrote:

I don't have that stem but I googled some photos from below and it doesn't seem possible, there is no hole in the stem itself, the cables run below and are held by the cover... The bar you linked is designed to work with RR IC stem from Addict RC, so I don't think you will bake it work with RR2.0. So either different bars or you need to buy the RR IC stem (they are pricy and heavy). If you need 110mm or 120mm stem I could send you one (free), but I guess on gravel Addict you might have 100mm...

Thanks, that's very kind of you! I have a 110mm stem on today and it's fine fit wise I'd say. I realized it wasn't possible to do it either way but by keeping the cables relatively short so they exit on the side of the covering plate (underneath the stem) they can go almost directly below the bar tape ie disappear. Wrapped the bars myself after having the steerer tube cut and hoses shortened in a shop - the mechanic did a terrible job since he managed to dent my lacquer on the frame :evil: (see my other discussion on ww).

plrww wrote:
Sun Jun 25, 2023 10:59 pm
The non-flared handlebar feel is very different from the flared with tilted levers. The straight road bar is definitely my preferred handlebar. Of course the integrated carbon non-flared road bar is an option, but quite an expensive one.
I totally agree and much prefer it that way! I haven't ridden the Addict yet with the new bars on but did the same kind of swap on my Diverge although it didn't come with flared bars in 2020, (from 44 to 40 straight) and it was way comfier and IMO with improved handling. For that bike I use the Zipp ergo 80mm bars ie longer reach than creston which is even nicer, but a little narrower on the tops (although it's also got flattened tops).
Last edited by London9921 on Mon Jul 10, 2023 7:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

London9921

by London9921

mr.wulf wrote:
Sat Jul 08, 2023 3:47 pm
Super color and bike!!! Now you just have to cut the steerer tube - commit! :wink:

ice29

by ice29

Do you think the Seraph (Ryet) gravel handlebars would fit the Addict? They support the 1 1/4" steerer and appear to have cables in the front...
https://www.seraphbikes.com/aero-gravel ... 31561.html

meandyuk

by meandyuk

Last edited by meandyuk on Tue Aug 15, 2023 2:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

meandyuk

by meandyuk

mr.wulf wrote:
Sat Jul 08, 2023 3:45 pm

I have the same frame :)

What size tyres? Anygood? i'm between the terra speed and trails

mr.wulf

by mr.wulf

meandyuk wrote:
Tue Aug 15, 2023 2:29 pm
mr.wulf wrote:
Sat Jul 08, 2023 3:45 pm

I have the same frame :)

What size tyres? Anygood? i'm between the terra speed and trails

TerraSpeed in 45mm width and yes, these are really fast tires but a bit heavy with 540g each.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

dfrim

by dfrim

Has anyone already mounted this handlebar to Addict gravel ??
What do you think of the handlebar ?

https://primebikecomponents.com/collect ... -handlebar