2022 Scott Addict Gravel

The spirit of Grav-lo-cross. No but seriously, cyclocross and gravel go here!

Moderator: Moderator Team

gofasterstripes

by gofasterstripes

Brabus wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2024 11:43 am
gofasterstripes wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2024 12:11 pm
Brabus wrote:
Thu Sep 21, 2023 10:08 am
ice29 wrote:
Mon Sep 18, 2023 6:28 pm

Nice!! :D How does it ride? I was also thinking about doing some CX races this season again, and was wondering whether the Scott-Sram team will get other frame for the CX races, but last season they were using the Gravel Addict so it should be fine as CX bike as well :)
First minutes it didn't felt as agile as inflite, probably thanks to little bit slacker headangle and longer wheelbase, but 15 minutes riding and i felt really comfortable, no problems jumping planks and railing corners, actually if you compare geo to Inflite, Superprestige and X-night, it's not massively different, only 1' slacker headangle, and 10-22mm wheelbase difference, same chainstay length, can't find inflite or x-night bb-height but super prestige has 2mm difference there only.
I don't see any reason why it can't be competitive cx bike, this sunday is first race so i can give better conclusion after that :D
How did you get on during the cross season with it?
I had back pain in the first race, although i still managed to get 2nd place, so i decided to race mtb races instead and did only Nationals, which went quite well and managed to grab the title, bike worked flawlessly, not a single complaint. Image
Congrats on the win.... where is the mud????

prj71

by prj71

Agent041 wrote:
Mon Jan 15, 2024 8:14 pm
I have a strange problem with my Addict Gravel 30 2023, and hopefully someone can help me.

I have problematic front derailleur alignment. Crank Praxis Alba 48/32 (gravel crank). Front derailour GRX600. Already from the start the chain rubs on the first 3 gears (34T,-30T-27T) on a small chainring. I have tried to adjust the L (low) limit screw, but it appears that it was already to the end. As I unscrew the limit screw it goes out away from the "wall". So the derailleur cage does not move to the frame. But when I tighten the L screw in, then the cage also goes nowhere, until I reach the "wall" with the screw, and then starts to move inside even more towards the chain. So the derailer L screw works as it should. But when unscrewing it again, it goes outwards, but unfortunately not out enough. As said, still rubbing on the first 3 gears. Have later then added a chain catcher and again mounted the derailer, but unfortunately it stayed the same. Wanted to adjust it with the center bolt toward the frame hanger and change the angle of the cage towards the chainring, but it was correctly parallel to the chainring from the beginning, so did not do that. I do not understand, why is this? As I investigated, the chainline for Alba and GRX600 are the same (47mm).

As the Praxis bottom bracket (BB) was done after second wash and did not want to buy another Praxis BB for 80eur, and had Ultegra 12speed PowerMeter crank I mounted Shimano BB and Ultegra 50/34 12speed crank. And additionally today also 105 12speed front deraileur, as it has the same chainline as Ultegra (44,5mm). But the result was the same. The low limit screw does not move the cage inner enougf for small gears. Also 1-2-3 gears rub a bit.

Does someone know what the problem is? If I would get 105 11speed with 43,5mm chainline it would be probably OK, but in couple of months I plan to upgrade to 105 Di2 12speed and need to fix this problem as it is. The shop where I bought the bike (online) simply do not care and are ignoring me.
I had this same problem on my addict I just picked up. Backed out the limit screws, the plate screw and loosened the cable and started over. Used this video for set up and the issue went away. Big important part is getting the two white lines lined up (around 13 minute mark) and the pinch bolt rotated toward the cable tension screw.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yth0Kmw ... reeToCycle

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Agent041

by Agent041

prj71 wrote:
Tue Feb 20, 2024 4:27 am
I had this same problem on my addict I just picked up. Backed out the limit screws, the plate screw and loosened the cable and started over. Used this video for set up and the issue went away. Big important part is getting the two white lines lined up (around 13 minute mark) and the pinch bolt rotated toward the cable tension screw.

Tried all hacks that exist and nothing worked.

Steve K

by Steve K

Praxis makes 2 versions of the Alba with 48-32 rings. The first has a road chainline and the second (Alba-GR) has the correct chainline for GRX 2x.

https://praxiscycles.com/product/alba-gr/

It looks like the spindle would be the indicator as to which version you have. Sounds like you have the shorter road chainline. Solution would probably be to do a Shimano road front derailleur or switch cranks to the ALBA-GR.

prj71

by prj71

Agent041 wrote:
Tue Feb 20, 2024 7:09 am
prj71 wrote:
Tue Feb 20, 2024 4:27 am

Tried all hacks that exist and nothing worked.
I'm not sure this would be a hack, but rather the proper way to set up the derailleur. When I initially bought the bike it didn't have this problem. After I put the first 30 miles on it and working the front derailleur it developed this problem. So I did everything shown in that video. One correction to my post above...the limit screw on the right side...I tightened it up just to the point where it nudged the derailleur and then backed it off a hair. I initially backed it out all the way and that didn't work when following the video instructions. Follow it to a T and you should be able to address the issue.

prj71

by prj71

If I changed the stem over to a shorter RR 2.0 stem on this bike is it a difficult process?

Agent041

by Agent041

Steve K wrote:
Tue Feb 20, 2024 4:41 pm
Praxis makes 2 versions of the Alba with 48-32 rings. The first has a road chainline and the second (Alba-GR) has the correct chainline for GRX 2x.

https://praxiscycles.com/product/alba-gr/

It looks like the spindle would be the indicator as to which version you have. Sounds like you have the shorter road chainline. Solution would probably be to do a Shimano road front derailleur or switch cranks to the ALBA-GR.
In my case it was Alba GR. So the problem was not crank chainline.

Agent041

by Agent041

prj71 wrote:
Tue Feb 20, 2024 6:24 pm
If I changed the stem over to a shorter RR 2.0 stem on this bike is it a difficult process?
Should not be difficoult, as you can remove the stem without removing the hoses. You will just have more hoses in front of the handlebar.
If you would need longer stem, then it might be difficoult, if the hoses would be already tight.

prj71

by prj71

Agent041 wrote:
Wed Feb 21, 2024 7:00 am
prj71 wrote:
Should not be difficoult, as you can remove the stem without removing the hoses. You will just have more hoses in front of the handlebar.
If you would need longer stem, then it might be difficoult, if the hoses would be already tight.
Thanks for the reply. I wasn't sure if you had to remove the cables from the shifter to swap a stem or not. This system is somewhat new to me. I have Trek Domane with hidden cables but the cables aren't tucked into the stem, they enter at the top of the headset.

Agent041

by Agent041

prj71 wrote:
Wed Feb 21, 2024 1:55 pm
Agent041 wrote:
Wed Feb 21, 2024 7:00 am
prj71 wrote:
Thanks for the reply. I wasn't sure if you had to remove the cables from the shifter to swap a stem or not. This system is somewhat new to me. I have Trek Domane with hidden cables but the cables aren't tucked into the stem, they enter at the top of the headset.
When changing your stem I would also advise you service the headset bearings while you are at it.
Mine Addict Gravel has 1.500km, almost all road, and have already felt, theay were "dry". And I am always washing with only rince water (no jet).
When servicing I saw there was no grease at all. So factory wise minimum grease was used. And the bearing outer rim was already corroting. Luckily the inner was still intact. I have put some very heavy duty grease now. Should last much much longer.

prj71

by prj71

This bike is brand new. Only has 60 miles on it now, so probably a little premature to service the headset bearings at this point.

Took the bike out for its second ride yesterday (30 miles) after making the front derailleur adjustments noted in the video I posted above. Did a lot of shifting back and forth during the ride and the problem is not there anymore. No more chain rubbing the derailleur.

Agent041

by Agent041

prj71 wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2024 2:58 pm
This bike is brand new. Only has 60 miles on it now, so probably a little premature to service the headset bearings at this point.

Took the bike out for its second ride yesterday (30 miles) after making the front derailleur adjustments noted in the video I posted above. Did a lot of shifting back and forth during the ride and the problem is not there anymore. No more chain rubbing the derailleur.
When you have your fork loose, I would still sugest at least to add some grease around the bearings, as mine was completly dry.

Have watched the video , and there is nothing new to learn that I have not tried it yet. But in my case, the rubbing is now minimal, as the chain has probably already wear off the plastic piece in the inner cage side. But will put some washers on a crank spindle on the drive side when I will have the crank removed for some other reason.

prj71

by prj71

Got in another 40 mile ride this past weekend. My front derailleur adjustments are holding up. No chainrub on the front derailleur in either chain ring or any gear.

ice29

by ice29

London9921 wrote:
Sat Feb 17, 2024 9:59 am
Have any of you used your addicts on a trainer yet? I've got a Kickr Core but not yet tried it out with my Addict Gravel. I know Scott officially don't recommend trainer use but I interpret that more as a liability protection on their behalf.
Used Addict RC and Addict Gravel on Kickr v5 two seasons, no issue. Just don't sprint shaking the whole thing left-right like crazy :)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

London9921

by London9921

ice29 wrote:
Tue Feb 27, 2024 5:58 am
London9921 wrote:
Sat Feb 17, 2024 9:59 am
Have any of you used your addicts on a trainer yet? I've got a Kickr Core but not yet tried it out with my Addict Gravel. I know Scott officially don't recommend trainer use but I interpret that more as a liability protection on their behalf.
Used Addict RC and Addict Gravel on Kickr v5 two seasons, no issue. Just don't sprint shaking the whole thing left-right like crazy :)
Great to know :D