2022 Scott Addict Gravel

The spirit of Grav-lo-cross. No but seriously, cyclocross and gravel go here!

Moderator: Moderator Team

London9921

by London9921

NBD. Photo taken in front of my house :mrgreen:

I'll swap out the handlebars (40 cm vs the stock 44) and slam the stem.

Gee76

by Gee76

Loving the posts on this so far and hopefully I've tracked one down (2022 30) for delivery in a few weeks. Fingers crossed.

I've got a nice AXS build planned with carbon/DT Hub wheels and Deda carbon gravel bars & XLR saddle. Just wondered if anyone had tried the Deda Superbox stem for a nice clean look?.

Hoping to hit a 7.5-8kg weight but will have to see.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

ice29

by ice29

So in the end I also managed to buy the 2023 Addict Gravel Tuned frameset in my size, now I want to build it up as road/gravel combo bike...
Unfortunately the Creston IC SL X is not available in my size (420/100mm) in "normal" eshops (and fake IC SL X on Ali is also not yet available) now I don't know what to do hehe:
- take normal Creston from road Addict RC (will have 10mm more reach and no flare)
- try Deda? how is the integration to the frame?
- try one of the generic carbon gravel bars from Aliexpress, that come with universal space set and hope they fit the Addict Gravel?

Brabus

by Brabus

ice29 wrote:
Fri May 05, 2023 6:30 am
Brabus wrote:
Thu May 04, 2023 2:35 pm
ice29 wrote:
Thu May 04, 2023 1:18 pm
Brabus wrote:
Fri Apr 14, 2023 2:21 pm
Finished my Gravel 10 build, rode 2022 Foil 10 last year and 2021 Addict RC 15 on 21 season , had 3 weeks on training camp with the bike on Spain,Calpe and now few days on home and absolutely loving the bike so far, 46/33 was very nice on spain mountains and as of right now can't fault anything on the bike, not missing my Foil even a little bit :) Bike is gonna used as road bike during autumn and summer months, gravel bike during spring months and CX bike during cross season

With DT Swiss crc1400, 28mm gp5000S tr and without pedals and quarq spider it was 7.35kg, In it's current state weight is 8,2kg with Look Keo 2 max pedals, and in CX state with crc1400, baby limus htlr and 1x 40t chainring it should weight about 7.2-7.3 without pedals, so pretty competitive weight for CX bike also.

Addict Gravel 10 , size S
Syncros Creston IC SL 400mm
Zipp 303S wheels
Continental GP4Season 32mm with tubes ( plan was to use them during autumn where's there lot of debris on the roads, and mount gp5000s TR during summer )
Quarq Spider
Selle Italia Flite Boost Kit Carbonio Superflow
165mm Sram RED crankset
Hey, how would you compare the Addict Gravel to normal Addict RC? You did exactly what I am thinking about to do (even the same model that I am looking for right now, haha, hate the new colors)... I have 2020 Addict RC that I really love, but I also have a gravel bike that I use just from time to time and I hate that it just stands in the garage most of the year... And lots of times I can't decide whether to ride road, gravel or MTB, haha!
Now my wife wants Addict RC as well, so I am thinking about bulding lightweight Addict Gravel for me, with two wheelsets (46/33 crankset, then 10/33 for road and 10/36 for gravel; I am riding 46/33 with 10-33 currently here in Switzerland and I love it for the climbs), and giving my Addict to the wife (resale value is a bit lower for older model, so would be cheaper than buying something new for her)
Does it ride comparably to the Addict/Foil? (different geo, aerodynamics etc.)
With road handlebar and wheels/tyres it really feels like a road bike,doesn't feel sluggish or slow to react at all, hard to tell but it seems to absorb road vibrations little better also, sizing wise gravel S is little bit bigger than RC size S.
Aerodynamically it seems you pay little penalty ( looks to be about 1-1.5km/h slower with same Watts ) , probably thanks to sitting little bit higher ( higher BB ), rather than the frame aerodynamic abilities.
If you are not racing for best positions possible then i see no reason to not use it as a road bike, i'm loving it so far!
Thank! That reassures me a bit :) now the harder part, finding the frame or complete bike in my size somewhere...

EDIT: Btw I think the BB is actually lower on the Addict Gravel then on the regular :) (though it was higher on the 2021 Foil IIRC...)
I could not find a Gravel frameset for normal price (well I could buy the current tuned version, but that one is veeery ugly), but found another RC frame (Ultimate version) very cheap, so another road bike will be built :D but hunt for gravel continues... (
https://geometrygeeks.bike/compare/scot ... 2022-m-54/

ice29

by ice29

Brabus wrote:
Wed May 17, 2023 3:51 pm
ice29 wrote:
Fri May 05, 2023 6:30 am

EDIT: Btw I think the BB is actually lower on the Addict Gravel then on the regular :) (though it was higher on the 2021 Foil IIRC...)
I could not find a Gravel frameset for normal price (well I could buy the current tuned version, but that one is veeery ugly), but found another RC frame (Ultimate version) very cheap, so another road bike will be built :D but hunt for gravel continues... (
https://geometrygeeks.bike/compare/scot ... 2022-m-54/
Yep, what I wrote, the BB on Addict Gravel is 1mm lower than on Addict (I think Foil was 66mm drop, so 5mm higher) so you are sitting 1mm lower (which is undistinguishable I suppose).
But stack is much higher so overall the upper body position is less aero (if someone did not have a bunch of spacers under the handlebar on RC Addict)

I am still waiting to confirmation of the frameset, I have a bad feeling that they don't really have it :(

ice29

by ice29

Those with Addict Gravel - which bar/stem size did you go for, maybe compared to your road bike? (length and width)
I am not decided yet what to do... I ride 56 Addict RC with 420/100 IC SL combo (I would prefer it maybe a tiny bit shorter, also I have too much of saddle/bar drop, but the fork was already cut when I bought it..). Creston IC SL X (besides being sold out in most of the common sizes) has 15mm less reach, so I guess I could also take the 100mm stem version and be fine (to have just a bit more upright position). The long top-tube is compensated with higher stack and shallower head angle, so the reach is almost the same between 56 Addict RC and Gravel...
Also not sure about the width, I have found 440/100 IC SL X version for a nice price, but I fear it would be too wide (I don't plan to ride rough gravel with it, mainly fireroads and asphalt, just fast).
Going for road IC SL version of the combo would also be an option, but to offset the longer bar-reach (75mm on road, 60mm on gravel version) I would rather go for 90mm stem, but Syncros does not offer 90mm with 420mm width... And I am not sure it's wise to size down to 400mm on gravel...

London9921

by London9921

It's such an individual question. After my bike fit (quite a while ago) I went to 400mm (from 440) and it's been night and day in terms of comfort. Less tired wrists. Comfortable handling (yes! Even on technical paths).

I think you're overthinking it. Width should be individual ie shoulder width. After that I'd try to replicate your current saddle to hoods distance.

Saddle to handlebar drop is another dimension but nothing I can comment on.

ice29

by ice29

You are right haha (overdoing), it's just that with those silly prices of Creston combo handlebars (and even sillier availability) and effort to replace them (reroute hydros into new bars) I want to get it right :D

plrww

by plrww

Interesting turn in the availability of Addict Gravel. Local shops here in Finland still don't have them, but I spotted some in Estonia. A quick visit to the neighbouring country and it's now a new bike day.

Scott Addict Gravel 30 2023 green looks shiny and sleek in real life. I'll make some component changes but I hope they will be easier to obtain than the bike.

London9921

by London9921

plrww wrote:
Fri Jun 02, 2023 12:03 pm
Interesting turn in the availability of Addict Gravel. Local shops here in Finland still don't have them, but I spotted some in Estonia. A quick visit to the neighbouring country and it's now a new bike day.

Scott Addict Gravel 30 2023 green looks shiny and sleek in real life. I'll make some component changes but I hope they will be easier to obtain than the bike.

Looks nice IRL, congrats!

What size frame did you go for?
I'm a bit surprised they replaced the Shimano crankset with Praxis.

plrww

by plrww

It's size L (56). I'm 187 cm and the size is definitely right. I'm still considering which power meter to get and the crankset will likely get replaced at the same time. Perhaps Power2Max with GRX chainrings.

ice29

by ice29

I also picked my frame up today, found one Gravel Tuned in Netherlands so got it shipped here :) But I must say the color is a bit meh, the previous year Addict Gravels were much nicer (also their road bikes are super nice, don't know why they picked such strange colors for 2023 gravel line)
Also 56 (L), hope it's not too big for me (183cm), I have Addict RC in the same size and they should have the same reach...
I like that they shipped it with 5mm offset SL seatpost, usually Scott ships 56 frames with 20mm offset (which I find too much and always had to replace with 5mm).
Also found 440/100mm Creston IC SL X for 230 eur, almost new (the seller needed a shorter one), could not resist :)

Will build it with Force AXS, 46/33 w. powermeter and 10-36 cassette, and with 35mm high BMC carbon wheels (21mm internal) I also found cheap second hand, and 44mm Tufo Gravel Thundero tires I have on my cheap gravel. The wheels are 1600g, but for now should be okay (if I like the bike will replace them with something much lighter later). Curious whether 44mm tires fit with 46/33 crankset, but want to replace them with 40-42mm anyway when they are worn...

London9921

by London9921

Nice!! I can recommend the specialized pathfinder pro tires. They're FAST and really great except for very muddy conditions.

I'm 186cm but took the 58 as it was the only 2022 color scheme available. It's actually really fine and from a bike fit perspective will allow me to slam the stem which I wouldn't do on a 56.

I will need to swap out the bars for 400mm though. 440 are too wide for me and the difference is noticeable since my other bike has got 400.

ice29

by ice29

So I started to build the Addict today (with Creston IC SL X) but already the headset is a small puzzle to me... Addict Gravel manual is a bit strange
Firstly, the black spacer right below should logically be used also with the left stack, figured this one out... But I have no idea what the small ring drawn above the two bearings is for (looks like a dust ring or crown race for MTB forks) - if I put it on the upper bearing below the black spacer (which centers the fork steerer tube), the gap between frame and first headset spacer is 1mm bigger than without this one, see below

With the ring

Without the ring

That ring looks like this, it really looks like the fork crown race, it also kinda fits onto the fork, but the fork is tapered and should not need such a ring in my opinion.. I also have Addict RC, which does not have such a ring either below the bottom bearing or above the upper bearing

Another issue I have (and which I should have expected...) is that with a regular Force RD (I wanted to use 2x with 46/33 chainrings and 10-33 cassette) there is veeery small gap between the AXS battery of FD and my Tufo 44mm wide tires (which are exactly 44mm wide on the rims with 21mm inner width)

Now I need to either:
- buy 40mm tires (and keep it there, not going wider)
- replace with 1x (I have 1x on another gravel and for mixed riding the gaps are a bit big...)
- buy Force Wide (FD+crankset), but I am not a fan of the chainling for climbing...

robeambro

by robeambro

ice29 wrote:
Sat Jun 10, 2023 5:35 pm

Another issue I have (and which I should have expected...) is that with a regular Force RD (I wanted to use 2x with 46/33 chainrings and 10-33 cassette) there is veeery small gap between the AXS battery of FD and my Tufo 44mm wide tires (which are exactly 44mm wide on the rims with 21mm inner width)

Now I need to either:
- buy 40mm tires (and keep it there, not going wider)
- replace with 1x (I have 1x on another gravel and for mixed riding the gaps are a bit big...)
- buy Force Wide (FD+crankset), but I am not a fan of the chainling for climbing...
This is pretty much the case with many gravel bikes, including my Ostro Gravel. I'd buy a 40mm tyre for the rear and keep the 44mm for the front, no need to forgo the larger volume at the front if you are tackling gnarly / technical gravel.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com