2022 Scott Addict Gravel

The spirit of Grav-lo-cross. No but seriously, cyclocross and gravel go here!

Moderator: Moderator Team

Nohands83

by Nohands83

TLa wrote:
Wed Feb 09, 2022 5:43 pm
You could use the stem of a normal Addict RC, but then you need a different handlebar with hole in the middle (that's what I'm going to do)
I've just put a deposit down on a Metrix - due for delivery next month. Planning to do the same as you strip everything off and rebuild with my current groupset, wheels etc. Other than the need for a handlebar with a center hole, have you encountered any other nuances when building yours up I should be aware of?

billythestickboy

by billythestickboy

Nohands83 wrote:
Tue Feb 22, 2022 1:49 pm
TLa wrote:
Wed Feb 09, 2022 5:43 pm
You could use the stem of a normal Addict RC, but then you need a different handlebar with hole in the middle (that's what I'm going to do)
I've just put a deposit down on a Metrix - due for delivery next month. Planning to do the same as you strip everything off and rebuild with my current groupset, wheels etc. Other than the need for a handlebar with a center hole, have you encountered any other nuances when building yours up I should be aware of?
Exciting, please post details and weights when you strip it down. What size are you going for? I noticed that the 56 in the addict gravel is almost identical to my 58 addict rc.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Nohands83

by Nohands83

Will do. Went for the 56, I’m normally a 58 in most other brands (first time I’ve had a Scott). Initially will be built up with SRAM force mechanical / Easton / Roval. Depending on how much I like it, and how it rides considering striping AXS off my road machine and setting up the Scott as a ‘quiver killer’.

billythestickboy

by billythestickboy

Sounds like a good plan. From my calculations with a sub 1200g frame it should be able to go comfortably under 8kg with lighter bars and wheels.

TLa

by TLa

I've started the build.

Weights:
Fork: 530grams (uncut, with expander plug, thru axle and lower headset bearing):

Frame: 1200 grams (with thru axle and upper headsetbearing)

Saddle clamp: 14.5grams :mrgreen:

Frame size is 56cm (Large)

Nothing is provided with the frame (except a bell and some reflectors), so you need a grommet for the rear DI2 wire (not really needed, the front grommet is universal and can been reused between mechanical and DI2) and a batteryholder is needed as well (I ordered a Ritchey for 30.9mm seatpost that appears to work according to someone who used on a normal Addict on this forum, arrives on monday)

Hope to finish the build today (with the battery just wedged in the seatpost with some bubblewrap :lol: )

billythestickboy

by billythestickboy

TLa, did your Metrix come with the tapered thru axles and SL seatpost? I'd be interested to see the weights of those

But from your weights yours is not much different to ChrisRideLog's green frame in a 58, maybe a few grams lighter?

TLa

by TLa

It came with the tapered thru axles. The seatpost isn't branded as being the SL, didn't weigh it though.

Build is finished:

Really like the little graphics inside the forks:

GRX DI2 shifters
GRX brakes
GRX DI2 rear derailleur
Ultegra 6800 front derailleur
RS500 chainset with Stages 105 left-only powermeter
XT brake rotors (160mm front and 140mm rear)
Handlebars: ritchey wcs streem internal 42cm
Wheel build by me, 350 hubs and DT Swiss M 462 rims (25mm internal width)
WTB Resolute 42mm, tubless tyres
Pro stealth offroad saddle

9.2kg as shown.

Next week I'll add the Garmin mount (Hide-my-bell outfront with GoPro adaptor for the front light), the bottle cages (Elite custom) and my tools (pump under the bottle cage on the downtube, and Topeak Ninja T Mountain under the bottle cage on the seattube)
And the a small bag under the saddle with some spares.

Hope to get the first ride in on Thueseday (tommorow is road bike day :mrgreen: )

billythestickboy

by billythestickboy

Ooooo that looks lovely. Really nice.

Weight is a bit higher than I had mine planned out as but I was thinking 1x with xtr rear derailleur and crankset.

The wheels that you built look great, nice nipples. 😉

rides4beer

by rides4beer

ChrisRideLog wrote:
Mon Feb 07, 2022 10:02 am
I received my Addict Gravel 30 as well and I was also only in the frame interested. As the HMX frame set will be likely slightly lighter but cost tremendous more and I didn't like so much the black / white paintjob I went for the complete bike in green paintjob. The paintshop is of high quality and looks quite good. Once I have all parts available for the build up, I'll measure the weights of all individual items. For the bar and stem I did it already in order to decide whether I'll keep it that way or will change it.

It is a bit of a shame that the stem weights so much as I find it visually quite appealing - there is also a nice integrated gps mount available for - and I would have been fine with only swapping the handlebar. Right now, I'm thinking to go for the Syncros Creston Gravel Cockpit but this is quite expensive and availibiliy in my size not given at the moment.
Looking forward to seeing the build. I think the 30 might be my next bike (if I can find one in a 56 lol), really liking that green/black colorway. I'll swap over my GRX di2 and carbon wheels, prob keep the stock stem and go with Zipp SL-70 aero bars, my fav. Should make for a good gravel racer and all around bike. :thumbup:

Nohands83

by Nohands83

Looks great - collecting mine at the weekend.
Aiming to get it closer to the 8.5kg mark with SRAM Force mechanical X1, Roval Terra wheels, Easton EC70 bars.

TiFan

by TiFan

Mine arrived a few weeks ago and finally starting to get out on it a bit. Its a great bike so far.

I am running mine as my 'all-road' smasher, a bike for everything that a mixed road/gravel ride can throw up. Currently setup with my Hunt 34 Aero wheels and 35mm Gravel King slicks and its great. I have temporarily swapped the bars for some Pro Vibe Aero before I get the RR 1.5 stem and a set of Syncros aero bars.
I am also going to be swapping my Ultegra DI2 groupset onto it from my other gravel bike which will get the GRX from this. Current weight with Garmin pedals, 2 cages, garmin mount is 8.6kg. Potential to go much lighter.

Nohands83

by Nohands83

Just finished my Metrix / Addict build, weighs 8.3kg as pictured, with cages, Garmin mount bell, and heavy (590g) but very capable 45mm Pirelli tyres.
Lighter tyres should get me very close to 8kg.
Not ridden it yet - maiden voyage this weekend, once the snow f**ks off.
Something to flag for SRAM riders is that there are 2 different hangers available, for SRAM you need the short, straighter hanger.

ImageUnknown by Joe Simons, on Flickr

Nohands83

by Nohands83

Nice. Tempted to go 'all-road' with mine at some point, 2 sets of wheels (and tyres) and I think you'd have most bases covered.

plrww

by plrww

Great looking bikes. Anyone know where in Europe these bikes can be bought with a reasonable delivery time? The local reseller here used the words "challenging", "not necessarily available during this season" and "no delivery time at all from Scott". The bike in question was Scott Addict Gravel 30.

TiFan

by TiFan

@plrww - I was told when ordering mine that essentially everything was sold out for 2022 in the UK at least. I ordered mine back in November and took the last one available with that dealer.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com