2022 Scott Addict Gravel

The spirit of Grav-lo-cross. No but seriously, cyclocross and gravel go here!

Moderator: Moderator Team

ice29

by ice29

Interesting bar, in the specs they say 18° flare (would be too much for me) but in the picture from above it looks like much less...

I have the Creston IC SL X bar (440mm wide) and I am not sure I like the 16° flare... I feel like something like max 8-10° would be optimal

meandyuk

by meandyuk

dfrim wrote:
Thu Sep 07, 2023 7:47 am
Has anyone already mounted this handlebar to Addict gravel ??
What do you think of the handlebar ?

https://primebikecomponents.com/collect ... -handlebar
I have this same bar, the bike is actually in the shop right now having it removed and replaced with a zipp sl70 xplr.
For me, I found the flat portion too large and too kind of sharp to be comfortable so have decided to with something more traditional.
The flat bit at the hoods were nice though.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

dfrim

by dfrim

If maybe someone sells the
Creston IC SL X 400 / 110 handlebar or Creston X 1.0 400mm, I will buy it
I am from EUROPE

mr.wulf

by mr.wulf

dfrim wrote:
Thu Sep 07, 2023 7:47 am
Has anyone already mounted this handlebar to Addict gravel ??
What do you think of the handlebar ?

https://primebikecomponents.com/collect ... -handlebar
Yes. Have a look here:

viewtopic.php?p=1826734#p1814380

I have the 40cm bars since 1.500 km and these are working great, quite comfortable.

ice29

by ice29

meandyuk wrote:
Thu Sep 07, 2023 5:27 pm
I have this same bar, the bike is actually in the shop right now having it removed and replaced with a zipp sl70 xplr.
For me, I found the flat portion too large and too kind of sharp to be comfortable so have decided to with something more traditional.
Can you post a picture of your cockpit when finished? I had Zipp Xplr bars on my previous gravel and really liked them, thought about putting them on Addict but was not sure about how the brake hoses will look like with the stem. Thanks!

Brabus

by Brabus

From gravel bike , to "road" bike and now to CX bike, took about an hour to convert to CX machine and did first testing, so far nothing bad to say compared to Canyon Inflite i rode last CX season , changed zipp303s with gp5000s to grc1400 with baby limus htlr 33mm, converted from 2x to 1x with 38t chainring, Flite Carbonio saddle to XL-R with Titanium rails, hoods little bit more outward and that's it, weight without pedals 7.4kg, bottle cages and garmin mount still on, removing them before first race

ice29

by ice29

Brabus wrote:
Fri Sep 15, 2023 2:08 pm
From gravel bike , to "road" bike and now to CX bike, took about an hour to convert to CX machine and did first testing, so far nothing bad to say compared to Canyon Inflite i rode last CX season , changed zipp303s with gp5000s to grc1400 with baby limus htlr 33mm, converted from 2x to 1x with 38t chainring, Flite Carbonio saddle to XL-R with Titanium rails, hoods little bit more outward and that's it, weight without pedals 7.4kg, bottle cages and garmin mount still on, removing them before first race
Nice!! :D How does it ride? I was also thinking about doing some CX races this season again, and was wondering whether the Scott-Sram team will get other frame for the CX races, but last season they were using the Gravel Addict so it should be fine as CX bike as well :)

meandyuk

by meandyuk

ice29 wrote:
Thu Sep 14, 2023 10:14 am
meandyuk wrote:
Thu Sep 07, 2023 5:27 pm
Can you post a picture of your cockpit when finished? I had Zipp Xplr bars on my previous gravel and really liked them, thought about putting them on Addict but was not sure about how the brake hoses will look like with the stem. Thanks!
Here you go:

Only done a couple of rides but like them.

Brabus

by Brabus

ice29 wrote:
Mon Sep 18, 2023 6:28 pm
Brabus wrote:
Fri Sep 15, 2023 2:08 pm
Nice!! :D How does it ride? I was also thinking about doing some CX races this season again, and was wondering whether the Scott-Sram team will get other frame for the CX races, but last season they were using the Gravel Addict so it should be fine as CX bike as well :)
First minutes it didn't felt as agile as inflite, probably thanks to little bit slacker headangle and longer wheelbase, but 15 minutes riding and i felt really comfortable, no problems jumping planks and railing corners, actually if you compare geo to Inflite, Superprestige and X-night, it's not massively different, only 1' slacker headangle, and 10-22mm wheelbase difference, same chainstay length, can't find inflite or x-night bb-height but super prestige has 2mm difference there only.
I don't see any reason why it can't be competitive cx bike, this sunday is first race so i can give better conclusion after that :D

Schottenrock

by Schottenrock

ice29 wrote:
Sat Jun 03, 2023 8:43 pm
I also picked my frame up today, found one Gravel Tuned in Netherlands so got it shipped here :) But I must say the color is a bit meh, the previous year Addict Gravels were much nicer (also their road bikes are super nice, don't know why they picked such strange colors for 2023 gravel line)
Also 56 (L), hope it's not too big for me (183cm), I have Addict RC in the same size and they should have the same reach...
I like that they shipped it with 5mm offset SL seatpost, usually Scott ships 56 frames with 20mm offset (which I find too much and always had to replace with 5mm).
Also found 440/100mm Creston IC SL X for 230 eur, almost new (the seller needed a shorter one), could not resist :)

Will build it with Force AXS, 46/33 w. powermeter and 10-36 cassette, and with 35mm high BMC carbon wheels (21mm internal) I also found cheap second hand, and 44mm Tufo Gravel Thundero tires I have on my cheap gravel. The wheels are 1600g, but for now should be okay (if I like the bike will replace them with something much lighter later). Curious whether 44mm tires fit with 46/33 crankset, but want to replace them with 40-42mm anyway when they are worn...

Sorry to ask but where did you find it? Me too found a hmx frameset but the shop wont ship it :(

MartinPRG

by MartinPRG

Hello, I am getting ready for the new build based on this frame. I want to run 2x FORCE AXS and Creston IC SL X combo. I am switching from road, absolutely new to gravel riding, I will use it on tarmac/gravel, maybe easy singletrails, no big rocks or anything like that, I would call it performance usage. I am 185 cm tall, size L. Hope someone who already has this bike can help with my questions:

- what do you think is the max chaining size for 2x standard non-wide cranks? Is it 46/33 as most of you use or bigger? I prefer ROTOR oval q-rings, the "smallest" option from ROTOR compatible with 2x12 AXS is 48/35. Do you think they will fit there (oval 48 is over 50 in fact in max diameter) with or without wide cranks?

- on the road I have a frame with reach 391 mm and stem 120 mm, handlebar 420 mm wide (I will move to 400 mm next year on new foil RC). Here on addict gravel the reach is 398,2 mm. What combo size would you suggest for me? 420/100? Also still not sure about the flare, but I will try for the beginning.

- What is the original stem length on factory builds for the size L? In all geometry charts they say 103 mm. This is probably true for Creston IC SL X (so virtually is it 110 mm?). For normal stems 103 mm is non-sense.

Thank you!

Nohands83

by Nohands83

I'm 184cm and I ride a large and it fits well.
I can measure the actual stem length, but I suspect that it is 110mm. I haven't changed from stock, even though I thought I might need to.
Bar width wise I like flare as it allows close shifters but control for technical sections. I use a 420mm Pro discovery carbon handlebars.
Sorry can't help with the chainring size, as I used a single ring.

plrww

by plrww

The factory stem length on a size L Addict Gravel is 110 mm.

I replaced the handlebar with a road bar and the stem is now an internal routing one. I prefer this combination to the standard setup. The groupset is now a Shimano 105 Di2 with a Power2Max power meter. The 50-34 chainrings fit easily using a standard Shimano SM-BB72-41B bottom bracket. I don't know if SRAM has the same chainline.

MartinPRG

by MartinPRG

plrww wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2023 9:19 pm
The factory stem length on a size L Addict Gravel is 110 mm.

I replaced the handlebar with a road bar and the stem is now an internal routing one. I prefer this combination to the standard setup. The groupset is now a Shimano 105 Di2 with a Power2Max power meter. The 50-34 chainrings fit easily using a standard Shimano SM-BB72-41B bottom bracket. I don't know if SRAM has the same chainline.

Thanks for the information. Looks great by the way in green with 105 too. Pity there are no Shimano Di2 12s factory builds with road groupsets, they are waiting probably for the new GRX Di2. The chainline for FC-R7100 is 44,5 mm, for your power2max should be 44 mm and for RED/FORCE AXS it is 45 mm. So it should be safe to run ROTOR oval chainrings in desired size with any cranks with chainline 44 mm or more.

If the size L has 110 mm stem, then it is quite long/aggresive for a gravel bike. FOIL RC in size L has also 110 mm stem and the frame reach is 3,7 mm shorter...

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Brabus

by Brabus

24 colors, spec wise no dtswiss wheels anymore on 10 and Ultimate, 30mm fulcrums instead :noidea: