2022 Scott Addict Gravel

The spirit of Grav-lo-cross. No but seriously, cyclocross and gravel go here!

Moderator: Moderator Team

dkvbiker

by dkvbiker

Any news on scott's supply problems? Ordered a addict gravel 6 months ago, delivery was due in november , still nothing...

plrww

by plrww

I'd also like to hear news about the availability. The 2023 models with new colours are on Scott's website, but I've seen no information about the availability. I'd buy this bike in an instant, but they are nowhere to be found.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

robeambro

by robeambro

plrww wrote:
Fri Jan 27, 2023 12:23 pm
I'd also like to hear news about the availability. The 2023 models with new colours are on Scott's website, but I've seen no information about the availability. I'd buy this bike in an instant, but they are nowhere to be found.
I've enquired and some dealers replied that "2023 models are already sold out" :lol:

That said, the 2023 colours are for the most part atrocious.

plrww

by plrww

robeambro wrote:
Fri Jan 27, 2023 2:51 pm
I've enquired and some dealers replied that "2023 models are already sold out" :lol:
This is interesting. Scott has designed a desireable bike with customers going "take my money", but there are no bikes. ;D The situation was the same last year. Makes one wonder if Scott actually wants to sell these bikes.

I agree that 2022 models had better colours. I like the 2023 Contessa, though.

robeambro

by robeambro

plrww wrote:
Wed Feb 01, 2023 1:27 pm
robeambro wrote:
This is interesting. Scott has designed a desireable bike with customers going "take my money", but there are no bikes. ;D The situation was the same last year. Makes one wonder if Scott actually wants to sell these bikes.

I have no idea why there's so little availability - a shame cause it's a very good value frame / bike compared to most others. Curiously, they increased full bike prices and lowered the frameset-only price (at least UK/EU pricing that I've found for 2023 models seemed to suggest that).

I had to pay lots more for the alternative option, hopefully it'll be worth it. :lol:

RDY

by RDY

plrww wrote:
Wed Feb 01, 2023 1:27 pm
robeambro wrote:

Addict Gravel has been out 18 months and they could have sold virtually any number. Instead there's been almost no number. Story is repeating with the new Foil.

It makes you wonder what's going on at their road / gravel division. I'd be interested to see what the revenue split is vs MTB and their massive clothing / gear division that also caters to wintersports and moto.

dkvbiker

by dkvbiker

I just got a call from my LB :
delivery due 11/2022 posponed to 7/2023 at earliest!!

robeambro

by robeambro

By the time Scott have stock, this bike will be due a new product life-cycle.. Meanwhile they keep pumping new bikes to their influencers like Francis Cade, so that they improve their sales by 40% - too bad nobody told them that 40% of 0 units available is still 0.

scale29

by scale29

Quick question for owners of the Addict gravel, do you think with a change of wheels that this could be a quiver killer?

I currently have an SWorks Tarmac SL6 disc which I tend to run with 28mm tyres on wide rims and a pair of Addict CX10 bikes that I used to race on, which I'm now using as a road/gravel/dirty days bike with 40mm Panaracer GK42mm.

I don't race any more and hardly ever chaingang, just like a nice riding bike for weekend fast road riding and something I can ride the roads then take on light off-road stuff if I fancy.

I've seen an Addict Gravel Tuned in stock in my size at a dealers and wondering if I could off load all my other bikes and be happy with 1 bike and 2 sets of wheels, 1 road and 1 gravel. I like the idea of 33/46 with 10-36 gearing that comes stock on the bike as I go to France a couple of time a year and like the hills but I'm not as young, fit and strong as I used to be!

How is the handling? Im an experienced ex-elite racer, will I be happy with the Addict as a road bike handling wise or will it be too slow?

Nohands83

by Nohands83

I took mine to Girona for a couple of weeks in Jan, with both road and gravel wheels.

On gravel it's superb, on road I'd say it's average - understandably as that's not what it's been designed for.

The handling should be slow on the road as the trail number is around 65mm with road wheels but it didn't feel too slow (my BMC Team / Road Machines feel slower).

For reference in 'road mode' with SRAM force x1, Bontrager RSL51, regular (non-HMX) frame and 2-piece cockpit with carbon bars mine weighed just over 8kg. With the HMX frame and one-piece, this should be around 7.5kg.

In summary yes it could be a quiver killer and probably involves fewer compromises than other frames but it probably will feel lacking something in comparison to your SL6.

scale29

by scale29

Perfect answer as this is the type of riding I'm looking to do, taking one bike and two pairs of wheels away is much easier than 2 bikes.

I'm hoping the road side of things isn't too muted, but it's a hard call as it's an expensive bike and mistake to make as resale would be tough and no test bikes are available anywhere.

Nohands83

by Nohands83

I don't think you would be disappointed if you adjust your expectations slightly when riding it on the road. That's not to say I didn't enjoy riding on the road - I did, but I was happy to get back on my road bike when I got home.

Some of it will also depend on what you build it up with, mine is nearly always used a gravel bike so I was riding 44cm flared bars and SPD pedals so they probably affected how it felt. I was also doing relatively fast-paced training rides out there, if I'd been using it for more casual stuff I probably wouldn't have noticed.

Personally, if I were going to build it as a quiver killer I'd be looking at the HMX frameset and a narrow version of the Scott one-piece bar and stem, to keep it in road bike weight territory. Also maybe look to use road shoes/pedals when you do road rides.

scale29

by scale29

It's the full tuned bike I'm looking at as they have one only with a good discount on it so it's HMX, red AXS 2x, the 42cm I piece creston (I normally run 42 bars anyway) and GRC1100 wheelset. I have some other wheels already to run 28's on, maybe with the 10-33 cassette. I could easily drop on my Dura-Ace Spd SL for road days.

mrlobber

by mrlobber

scale29 wrote:
Mon Feb 13, 2023 10:52 pm
It's the full tuned bike I'm looking at as they have one only with a good discount on it so it's HMX, red AXS 2x, the 42cm I piece creston (I normally run 42 bars anyway) and GRC1100 wheelset. I have some other wheels already to run 28's on, maybe with the 10-33 cassette. I could easily drop on my Dura-Ace Spd SL for road days.
Haha I wonder if it is the same bike... :D I inquired my dealer (in Europe) yesterday about Addict Gravel, and they replied they could offer one Tuned, one RC10 only, both 2022 models, size L. So it doesn't seem Scott has any 2023 available anywhere at all, lol.
Minimum bike categories required in the stable:
Aero bike | GC bike | GC rim bike | Climbing bike | Climbing rim bike | Classics bike | Gravel bike | TT bike | Indoors bike

Nohands83

by Nohands83

52 and 54 framesets are available here - https://www.studiovelo.co.uk/bikes/fram ... -hmx__4747
It is the 'interesting' new colourway though...

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com