2022 Scott Addict Gravel

The spirit of Grav-lo-cross. No but seriously, cyclocross and gravel go here!

Moderator: Moderator Team

tarmackev

by tarmackev

01samuelr wrote:
Sun Jun 12, 2022 8:45 pm
I saw this in the local bike shop on Tuesday. Debated on getting it as I haven't sold my Emonda yet and it's a strict one in one out policy as apparently 4 bikes is enough.
Would like to see some better pics. Nice looking bike.

Nohands83

by Nohands83

Looking at the x2 AXS builds they come spec'd with 46/33 chainrings, Shimano looks to be a bit smaller at 46/30. I'd be surprised if you could go much if any bigger.
I emailed Scott direct to find out if the 'wide' version of SRAM AXS was required but they didn't give me a straight answer.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

stalkersk

by stalkersk

I think you will be fine with non-wide version. I have it installed on 3T Exploro Ultra and still have about 6mm space between derailleur and tire when using 45mm tires. There are frame specifications how derailleur should sit, so it should be simillar on Scott and if you can find Red crankset mounted on frame, that is not availible in wide version.

andrewbn42

by andrewbn42

Rough wrote:I need some help regarding sizing,

I'm looking to buy scott addict gravel 30.
I'm 188cm tall but I ride a 56cm bike (reach 391mm stack 564mm). Had a bike fit done and my road bike fits me nicely. My position is low and aggressive so I can get aero which I prefer.

I am comparing my road bike geo with Scott addict gravel and looks like closest fit is size M(54cm) with reach 387 and stack 565. I'd have to use 130mm stem with this size and it seems a bit weird riding a 54cm bike as a 188cm tall person.

Another option is going with size L which is 398mm reach and 589mm stack. Reach makes more sense and I'd use 110mm stem but I'm afraid I couldn't get low enough with this bike.

Am I making a mistake sizing a gravel bike in a similar way as my road bike?

Bike will be used for gravel racing, fast gravel rides and as a secondary/training bike for bad weather.
I would recommend against a 54. I’m shorter than you but run a long and low road setup (405 reach 570 stack, 110mm stem slammed). Don’t size down on the gravel bike, they handle best for their intended size, and if you want a shorter wheelbase gravel bike I would recommend choosing something steeper and sharper so that you don’t need to run a stem that is too long. I would choose the L at 183cm, so don’t thing that you should go below that.
My perspective is shaped by wanting bikes to handle fairly sharply, like cx bikes, and I still recommend against sizing down too much

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

robeambro

by robeambro

Nohands83 wrote:
Tue Sep 13, 2022 1:02 pm
Looking at the x2 AXS builds they come spec'd with 46/33 chainrings, Shimano looks to be a bit smaller at 46/30. I'd be surprised if you could go much if any bigger.
I emailed Scott direct to find out if the 'wide' version of SRAM AXS was required but they didn't give me a straight answer.
Thank you!

Another day another question.. Is the Syncros stem (or barstem) the only option? I've maybe read that the ACR system would be compatible with the Addict Rc, I'm hoping there would be something like a -12d stem..

Nohands83

by Nohands83

TBH I don’t know, I’m pretty happy with my fit so didn’t need look at other options. The new foil uses a new set of bars though which have a -10 stem but not sure if they’re specific to the foil - worth checking with Scott.

Elmersen

by Elmersen

If the bars from the Addict RC fit, I guess you should be able to use Farsports integrated solution with a- 10 degree stem? They have a spacer made for Addict RC, but don't know if that will work for the Addict gravel.

robeambro

by robeambro

That should be compatible but I am not too keen on having a one piece cockpit..

TLa

by TLa

Elmersen wrote:
Sun Jul 03, 2022 5:01 pm
Is it possible to use the integrated cockpit from Addict RC on this? https://www.bike24.com/p2359165.html
Yes. I use the normal Addict stem and that fits just fine so the fully integrated cockpit should fit too.
sonic00 wrote:
Tue Aug 23, 2022 7:16 am

Nice built!
Did the Metrix come with all small parts for assembling the di2?
No, you still need something to keep the battery fixed in the seatpost. I got the batteryholder from Ritchey (the large version for round seatposts) and cut some of exces material off.

Still love the bike.
Got some carbon gravel wheels for it (Light bicycle rims laced to DT350 hubs by me :mrgreen: )

Really like the wheels, so much so that I got some extra ones to put road tyres on for winter. (WR45 for gravel and AR46 for road use)
Still have to mount the road wheels (they are finished)

sonic00

by sonic00

I'm also interested in the Addict Gravel. The only thing that is a bit strange is the long wheelbase.
Size 56 Bikes areusualy 1020-1030mm. The Addict is 1049mm.
Does this affect the way the bike handles - less agile?
I'd like to use it with 36mm tires mostly on road and having the oportunity to go on gravel.

Nohands83

by Nohands83

It has more trail-focused geo than some other gravel bikes (i.e. Cervelo Aspero). That said I've ridden it on the road and really liked how it rode.
Sounds like you're looking more for an 'All-road' bike rather than a full gravel bike.
Something like a Cervelo Aspero or an Open Up might be more suitable.

sonic00

by sonic00

Nohands83 wrote:
Tue Sep 27, 2022 3:29 pm
It has more trail-focused geo than some other gravel bikes (i.e. Cervelo Aspero). That said I've ridden it on the road and really liked how it rode.
Sounds like you're looking more for an 'All-road' bike rather than a full gravel bike.
Something like a Cervelo Aspero or an Open Up might be more suitable.
Thank's for your response. I guess you are right. I've also taken a look on Cyclocross bikes...have to figure out what Geo matches best.

billythestickboy

by billythestickboy

Anyone seen anything about new colours for 2023?

There's a couple of videos on YouTube but no sign of anything on the scott website.

Elmersen

by Elmersen

Why are there so few reviews of this bike online? Only one I've found is the one in Gran Fondo. None in the other big publications.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

yinzerniner

by yinzerniner

Elmersen wrote:
Sun Oct 23, 2022 7:36 pm
Why are there so few reviews of this bike online? Only one I've found is the one in Gran Fondo. None in the other big publications.
Possibly because of availability? Scott has been pretty notorious for not having the most review samples to ship around, and for sure the current supply woes has only made it worse.

Even purchase stock has been awful, I remember hearing that the entire US was allocated less than 200 units at launch. For sure Scott has no motivation to earmark a single unit just to be ridden and possibly nitpicked for free.