2022 Scott Addict Gravel

The spirit of Grav-lo-cross. No but seriously, cyclocross and gravel go here!

Moderator: Moderator Team

rides4beer

by rides4beer

TiFan wrote:
Thu Mar 31, 2022 1:04 pm
Mine arrived a few weeks ago and finally starting to get out on it a bit. Its a great bike so far.

I am running mine as my 'all-road' smasher, a bike for everything that a mixed road/gravel ride can throw up. Currently setup with my Hunt 34 Aero wheels and 35mm Gravel King slicks and its great. I have temporarily swapped the bars for some Pro Vibe Aero before I get the RR 1.5 stem and a set of Syncros aero bars.
I am also going to be swapping my Ultegra DI2 groupset onto it from my other gravel bike which will get the GRX from this. Current weight with Garmin pedals, 2 cages, garmin mount is 8.6kg. Potential to go much lighter.
Looks great! Can you post some pics of the Pro Vibe bars with the stock stem? I'm thinking about running Zipp SL-70 Aeros with the stock stem (my favorite bars). Thanks!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

rides4beer

by rides4beer

Nohands83 wrote:Just finished my Metrix / Addict build, weighs 8.3kg as pictured, with cages, Garmin mount bell, and heavy (590g) but very capable 45mm Pirelli tyres.
Lighter tyres should get me very close to 8kg.
Not ridden it yet - maiden voyage this weekend, once the snow f**ks off.
Something to flag for SRAM riders is that there are 2 different hangers available, for SRAM you need the short, straighter
Is the Metrix also rated ASTM 2?

Nohands83

by Nohands83

[/quote]

Not something i considered TBH, though looking into it the Addict is rated 2 and the Metrix 1. I’m not that familiar with the testing that goes into the ASTM testing, but given the Metrix frame and fork weights and that mine is built with robust gravel specific components, I feel confident using mine as I intend.

warthog101

by warthog101

rides4beer wrote:
Nohands83 wrote:Just finished my Metrix / Addict build, weighs 8.3kg as pictured, with cages, Garmin mount bell, and heavy (590g) but very capable 45mm Pirelli tyres.
Lighter tyres should get me very close to 8kg.
Not ridden it yet - maiden voyage this weekend, once the snow f**ks off.
Something to flag for SRAM riders is that there are 2 different hangers available, for SRAM you need the short, straighter
Never heard of them so I googled it;

The subcommittee devised five different intended bicycle uses, incorporating a standard naming scheme that would apply to all manufacturers. The five uses are:

-   Condition 0 — Adult supervision required, no traffic;
-   Condition 1 — Suitable for road riding (only);
-   Condition 2 — For off-road riding and jumps less than 12 in. (30 cm.);
-   Condition 3 — For rough off-road riding and jumps less than 24 in. (61 cm.); and
-   Condition 4 — For extreme off-road riding.

https://newsroom.astm.org/astm-standard ... tion-under

Dont know that it would matter much for my style of (gravel road) riding either.
Can't find any mention of what my Giant Revolt is supposed to comply with.

rides4beer

by rides4beer

Nohands83 wrote:
Fri Apr 01, 2022 9:37 pm
Not something i considered TBH, though looking into it the Addict is rated 2 and the Metrix 1. I’m not that familiar with the testing that goes into the ASTM testing, but given the Metrix frame and fork weights and that mine is built with robust gravel specific components, I feel confident using mine as I intend.
Not sure how big of a deal it is really. I'm 84kg and ride/race pretty hard, so I guess it makes me feel a little better maybe? lol
warthog101 wrote:
Sat Apr 02, 2022 1:41 am
Dont know that it would matter much for my style of (gravel road) riding either.
Can't find any mention of what my Giant Revolt is supposed to comply with.
I'm currently on a Revolt, can't find any info about their rating either, but with Giant's warranty, I'm guessing they're built pretty strong. Haven't had any issues with mine, and I beat it like it owes me money. :lol:

warthog101

by warthog101

rides4beer wrote:
I'm currently on a Revolt, can't find any info about their rating either, but with Giant's warranty, I'm guessing they're built pretty strong. Haven't had any issues with mine, and I beat it like it owes me money. Image
Haven't had mine long but yeah done a couple of gravel races on it.
Sounds like golf ball sized rocks getting thrown at it.

Nohands83

by Nohands83

Yep definitely not something I'm going to lose sleep over either, maybe if I was getting gnarly and doing a load of serious jumps, but not for gravel

TiFan

by TiFan

rides4beer wrote:
Fri Apr 01, 2022 3:01 pm

Looks great! Can you post some pics of the Pro Vibe bars with the stock stem? I'm thinking about running Zipp SL-70 Aeros with the stock stem (my favorite bars). Thanks!
Here you go. Please ignore the cable routing/bar tape - all temporary until I get time to route/wrap properly!

01samuelr

by 01samuelr

I saw this in the local bike shop on Tuesday. Debated on getting it as I haven't sold my Emonda yet and it's a strict one in one out policy as apparently 4 bikes is enough.
I think it was the only size medium in the UK. Picked it up Friday and finished building it today. Only changes from a a stock 30 is a zipp sl70 XPLR bar and silca bar tape. I have a set of LB46 rims waiting to be built onto some hubs for road use.

No weight as I can't find my luggage scales. The calibrated lift it up and compare agains my emonda test shows its heavyer than that but its on alloy wheels and 45mm tyres. Without the wheelset it's remarkably similar.

*steer will be cut when final position is confirmed*

Elmersen

by Elmersen

Is it possible to use the integrated cockpit from Addict RC on this? https://www.bike24.com/p2359165.html

Nohands83

by Nohands83

Has anyone got x2 AXS installed on their Addict?
Looking to upgrade mine but have read some conflicting advice about the 'wide' version of AXS being required for +45mm tyres.
Looking at the Addicts that come spec'd with AXS (specifically Red) they seem to use the regular version as there isn't a Red level 'wide' version available.

sonic00

by sonic00

TLa wrote:
Sat Mar 05, 2022 5:08 pm
It came with the tapered thru axles. The seatpost isn't branded as being the SL, didn't weigh it though.

Build is finished:

GRX DI2 shifters
GRX brakes
GRX DI2 rear derailleur
Ultegra 6800 front derailleur
RS500 chainset with Stages 105 left-only powermeter
XT brake rotors (160mm front and 140mm rear)
Handlebars: ritchey wcs streem internal 42cm
Wheel build by me, 350 hubs and DT Swiss M 462 rims (25mm internal width)
WTB Resolute 42mm, tubless tyres
Pro stealth offroad saddle

9.2kg as shown.

Next week I'll add the Garmin mount (Hide-my-bell outfront with GoPro adaptor for the front light), the bottle cages (Elite custom) and my tools (pump under the bottle cage on the downtube, and Topeak Ninja T Mountain under the bottle cage on the seattube)
And the a small bag under the saddle with some spares.

Hope to get the first ride in on Thueseday (tommorow is road bike day :mrgreen: )
Nice built!
Did the Metrix come with all small parts for assembling the di2?

Rough

by Rough

I need some help regarding sizing,

I'm looking to buy scott addict gravel 30.
I'm 188cm tall but I ride a 56cm bike (reach 391mm stack 564mm). Had a bike fit done and my road bike fits me nicely. My position is low and aggressive so I can get aero which I prefer.

I am comparing my road bike geo with Scott addict gravel and looks like closest fit is size M(54cm) with reach 387 and stack 565. I'd have to use 130mm stem with this size and it seems a bit weird riding a 54cm bike as a 188cm tall person.

Another option is going with size L which is 398mm reach and 589mm stack. Reach makes more sense and I'd use 110mm stem but I'm afraid I couldn't get low enough with this bike.

Am I making a mistake sizing a gravel bike in a similar way as my road bike?

Bike will be used for gravel racing, fast gravel rides and as a secondary/training bike for bad weather.

Nohands83

by Nohands83

I'm 184cm and ride a large - I'd definitely not want to be riding a medium. For reference I ride a 56/57cm road bikes with 130mm stems.

Gravel bikes tend to be bigger bikes as they're more stable, also as a general comment slighter shorter reach off-road is good but this is normally achieved by a longer top tube and shorter stem - inspired by Mountain bike geo.

Base your fit on your road bike but gravel bikes are slightly different, especially more trail orientated ones like the Scott.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

robeambro

by robeambro

Nohands83 wrote:
Thu Aug 25, 2022 2:53 pm
I'm 184cm and ride a large - I'd definitely not want to be riding a medium. For reference I ride a 56/57cm road bikes with 130mm stems.

Gravel bikes tend to be bigger bikes as they're more stable, also as a general comment slighter shorter reach off-road is good but this is normally achieved by a longer top tube and shorter stem - inspired by Mountain bike geo.

Base your fit on your road bike but gravel bikes are slightly different, especially more trail orientated ones like the Scott.
Hi there,

I am quoting you as you're the "culprit" who brought me here, but could do with an answer from anybody. I am toying with the idea of getting this frame in a couple months, but wanted to get an idea of 2x gearing compatibility, and maximum inner/outer ring sizes. The other bike I am looking at (the Aspero) seems not to digest 34t inner chainrings too well.