2022 Scott Addict Gravel

The spirit of Grav-lo-cross. No but seriously, cyclocross and gravel go here!

Moderator: Moderator Team

prj71

by prj71

Anyone using this bike as a road bike also?

I swapped the wheelset from Trek Domane over to my Addict Gravel and went for a spin. Made me wonder if I need my Domane anymore.

Agent041

by Agent041

prj71 wrote:
Thu Feb 29, 2024 8:25 pm
Anyone using this bike as a road bike also?

I swapped the wheelset from Trek Domane over to my Addict Gravel and went for a spin. Made me wonder if I need my Domane anymore.
As currently Addict Gravel 30 is my only bike (waiting for the new road bike), I use it also on the road. Works perfectly. When swapping the wheels, but even with gravel wheels works OK. Have Tufo Thundero HD tyres, and they are axcellent.

As I ride mostly steep short climbs with a lot of standing pedaling, the only thing holding it back, is the front end of the bike. Handlebar and stem. It is somehow "heavy" (low stiffness probably). If you change these as well, you have a proper race road bike.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Nohands83

by Nohands83

I've been using my as my winter trainer and it's worked really well, another mate has done the same.
The geo works surprisingly well on road and doesn't feel too sluggish to steer. It's a stiff frame though, it's not uncomfortable but when dropping down to 32mm tyres (from 44mm) this becomes much more apparent.

prj71

by prj71

Agent041 wrote:
Fri Mar 01, 2024 6:48 am
As I ride mostly steep short climbs with a lot of standing pedaling, the only thing holding it back, is the front end of the bike. Handlebar and stem. It is somehow "heavy" (low stiffness probably). If you change these as well, you have a proper race road bike.
I have not noticed this on hill climbs.

Brabus

by Brabus

I have syncros creston ic sl on mine and feels awesome, i thought i'm never gonna buy another road bike again, but still over the winter ordered new foil :D

Agent041

by Agent041

Brabus wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2024 9:05 am
I have syncros creston ic sl on mine and feels awesome, i thought i'm never gonna buy another road bike again, but still over the winter ordered new foil :D
Your cockpit it top!
I was refering more to Gravel 30 that has RR 2.0 handlebar and stem. I assume that even RR 1.5 woulb be much much better. And naturally better wheels.
I had similar experiace with Giants TCR basic handlebar and stem. When going to better alu versions, it was way better feel in the front when standing pedaling.

prj71

by prj71

I'm somewhat disappointed in Scotts proprietary stem and spacers. I do like hiding the cables but they should have did it in a fashion like the Trek Domane. At least with that bike you can buy different stems to try out or flip it around. The proprietary Scott stem only comes in a few different lengths and they are all -6 degrees.

aham23

by aham23

prj71 wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2024 12:16 am
I'm somewhat disappointed in Scotts proprietary stem and spacers. I do like hiding the cables but they should have did it in a fashion like the Trek Domane. At least with that bike you can buy different stems to try out or flip it around. The proprietary Scott stem only comes in a few different lengths and they are all -6 degrees.
same. it really is a pain in the arse. especially when they dont have their own parts in stock. cant upgrade nothing! :(

Nohands83

by Nohands83

Is anyone using the Creston IC x handlebars with a mechanical setup?

I'm thinking of upgrading, the documentation says it supports it and the cable routing looks fairly smooth, but would be keen to hear if anyone has first-hand experience regardling shifting quality and ease of installation.

stevesbike

by stevesbike

prj71 wrote:
Stem lengths range from 70-120 so no lack of options and the spacers offer a large range of stack height options. Bars themselves are great - good but not crazy flare for the drops and do a good job damping vibrations.

prj71

by prj71

stevesbike wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2024 5:20 pm
prj71 wrote:
Stem lengths range from 70-120 so no lack of options and the spacers offer a large range of stack height options. Bars themselves are great - good but not crazy flare for the drops and do a good job damping vibrations.
The available stems are -6 degrees. I wish they offered a +6 degree stem.

Krabba

by Krabba

Hi! I am gonna build up a Addict Tuned from a framset and like to know what adaptors mounts do i need to fit new Sram Force 160mm brake calibers?

Best Regards Krabba

Nohands83

by Nohands83

They should be supplied with the frameset, think 160's are installed as a default on the full builds.
One thing you might want to look out for is that there are different derailleur hangers for Shimano and SRAM.

Krabba

by Krabba

Nohands83 wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:21 pm
They should be supplied with the frameset, think 160's are installed as a default on the full builds.
One thing you might want to look out for is that there are different derailleur hangers for Shimano and SRAM.
Thanks its was not inc withe the frame.

Can someone tell me the diffrence to sram dub and dub wide bottom brackets? Is it just the spacers thats diffrent?
And whats the right chain line for the Addict Gravel Tuned?
I will go for the 1-speed new Sram Force crankset 40t (wide)

prj71

by prj71

Has anyone put 650b tires on their addict? If so, what's the max tire width?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com