2022 Scott Addict Gravel

The spirit of Grav-lo-cross. No but seriously, cyclocross and gravel go here!

Moderator: Moderator Team

scale29

by scale29

mrlobber wrote:
Tue Feb 14, 2023 7:59 am
[quote=scale29 post_id=1789772 time=1676325126 user_id=34119

Haha I wonder if it is the same bike... :D I inquired my dealer (in Europe) yesterday about Addict Gravel, and they replied they could offer one Tuned, one RC10 only, both 2022 models, size L. So it doesn't seem Scott has any 2023 available anywhere at all, lol.

I hope it is! If you buy it 1st it'll save me a fortune.

plrww

by plrww

I asked about Addict Gravel availability here in Finland from two bike shops. They said they are not expecting to get a single bike this year and ordering is not possible. Perhaps it's time to start looking for another bike.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

stevesbike

by stevesbike

I managed to get a 2023 tuned frameset here in the US and will be doing a 1x SRAM build. The frameset is a surprising good value compared to other frames I'd rank it against - about 3k with the integrated bars. Half the price of an aspero 5 or Ostro - will see how real-world weights compare.

London9921

by London9921

I think i might've bought one of the very last bikes in Europe (Addict gravel 30). Found two in two different countries and ordered one of them directly. Stoked to get it delivered in approx. 10 days time.

For you who own one already, what torx sizes are prevalent on the stem, headset, bottle cage mounts and rear derailleur hanger? I'll be looking for a light multi tool that will do the job as my current doesn't even have a torx head on it.

mr.wulf

by mr.wulf

London9921 wrote:
Fri Apr 07, 2023 6:09 am
I think i might've bought one of the very last bikes in Europe (Addict gravel 30). Found two in two different countries and ordered one of them directly. Stoked to get it delivered in approx. 10 days time.

For you who own one already, what torx sizes are prevalent on the stem, headset, bottle cage mounts and rear derailleur hanger? I'll be looking for a light multi tool that will do the job as my current doesn't even have a torx head on it.
The Addict Gravel has a mini tool within the lever of the axles. With this handy small thing you get a torx and a 5 and 6? mm tool.

London9921

by London9921

mr.wulf wrote:
Fri Apr 07, 2023 6:37 am
London9921 wrote:

The Addict Gravel has a mini tool within the lever of the axles. With this handy small thing you get a torx and a 5 and 6? mm tool.
Wow. That's great. Would you consider it solid enough to keep fixed to the axle when out riding, or is there any risk it would come off?

mr.wulf

by mr.wulf

London9921 wrote:
Fri Apr 07, 2023 7:05 am
mr.wulf wrote:
London9921 wrote:

Wow. That's great. Would you consider it solid enough to keep fixed to the axle when out riding, or is there any risk it would come off?
No worries- totally bombproof.

London9921

by London9921

mr.wulf wrote:
Fri Apr 07, 2023 10:13 pm
London9921 wrote:
Fri Apr 07, 2023 7:05 am
mr.wulf wrote:
London9921 wrote:

No worries- totally bombproof.
Cheers

London9921

by London9921

Does anyone know where to find specific torque settings for the Addict bikes?
Example: Addict Gravel on the PDP and "Documents" there are three manuals
1. Gravel Manual - no info
2. General Manual - no info, a mention about torque on page 51
3. Road bike Manual - no frame specific info, beyond what's on page 112. Disc brake instructions on page 114 are too generic, i read somewhere on here about a guy who cracked his Addict RC fork by using 6nm as per shimano ranges, but the fork in fact allowed 5nm.

Thanks

Brabus

by Brabus

Finished my Gravel 10 build, rode 2022 Foil 10 last year and 2021 Addict RC 15 on 21 season , had 3 weeks on training camp with the bike on Spain,Calpe and now few days on home and absolutely loving the bike so far, 46/33 was very nice on spain mountains and as of right now can't fault anything on the bike, not missing my Foil even a little bit :) Bike is gonna used as road bike during autumn and summer months, gravel bike during spring months and CX bike during cross season

With DT Swiss crc1400, 28mm gp5000S tr and without pedals and quarq spider it was 7.35kg, In it's current state weight is 8,2kg with Look Keo 2 max pedals, and in CX state with crc1400, baby limus htlr and 1x 40t chainring it should weight about 7.2-7.3 without pedals, so pretty competitive weight for CX bike also.

Addict Gravel 10 , size S
Syncros Creston IC SL 400mm
Zipp 303S wheels
Continental GP4Season 32mm with tubes ( plan was to use them during autumn where's there lot of debris on the roads, and mount gp5000s TR during summer )
Quarq Spider
Selle Italia Flite Boost Kit Carbonio Superflow
165mm Sram RED crankset

stevesbike

by stevesbike

London9921 wrote:
Sun Apr 09, 2023 9:22 am
3. Road bike Manual - no frame specific info, beyond what's on page 112. Disc brake instructions on page 114 are too generic, i read somewhere on here about a guy who cracked his Addict RC fork by using 6nm as per shimano ranges, but the fork in fact allowed 5nm.

Thanks
The main ones are printed on the parts - seatpost clamp, steerer, etc. What other ones are you looking for (for most other parts just use manufacturer specs)

stevesbike

by stevesbike

stevesbike wrote:
Mon May 01, 2023 8:30 pm
London9921 wrote:
Sun Apr 09, 2023 9:22 am

Thanks
yes there's some documentation for 5Nm for disc brakes. Use that

ice29

by ice29

Brabus wrote:
Fri Apr 14, 2023 2:21 pm
Finished my Gravel 10 build, rode 2022 Foil 10 last year and 2021 Addict RC 15 on 21 season , had 3 weeks on training camp with the bike on Spain,Calpe and now few days on home and absolutely loving the bike so far, 46/33 was very nice on spain mountains and as of right now can't fault anything on the bike, not missing my Foil even a little bit :) Bike is gonna used as road bike during autumn and summer months, gravel bike during spring months and CX bike during cross season

With DT Swiss crc1400, 28mm gp5000S tr and without pedals and quarq spider it was 7.35kg, In it's current state weight is 8,2kg with Look Keo 2 max pedals, and in CX state with crc1400, baby limus htlr and 1x 40t chainring it should weight about 7.2-7.3 without pedals, so pretty competitive weight for CX bike also.

Zipp 303S wheels
Continental GP4Season 32mm with tubes ( plan was to use them during autumn where's there lot of debris on the roads, and mount gp5000s TR during summer )
Quarq Spider
165mm Sram RED crankset
Hey, how would you compare the Addict Gravel to normal Addict RC? You did exactly what I am thinking about to do (even the same model that I am looking for right now, haha, hate the new colors)... I have 2020 Addict RC that I really love, but I also have a gravel bike that I use just from time to time and I hate that it just stands in the garage most of the year... And lots of times I can't decide whether to ride road, gravel or MTB, haha!
Now my wife wants Addict RC as well, so I am thinking about bulding lightweight Addict Gravel for me, with two wheelsets (46/33 crankset, then 10/33 for road and 10/36 for gravel; I am riding 46/33 with 10-33 currently here in Switzerland and I love it for the climbs), and giving my Addict to the wife (resale value is a bit lower for older model, so would be cheaper than buying something new for her)
Does it ride comparably to the Addict/Foil? (different geo, aerodynamics etc.)

Brabus

by Brabus

ice29 wrote:
Thu May 04, 2023 1:18 pm
Brabus wrote:

Zipp 303S wheels
Quarq Spider
165mm Sram RED crankset
Hey, how would you compare the Addict Gravel to normal Addict RC? You did exactly what I am thinking about to do (even the same model that I am looking for right now, haha, hate the new colors)... I have 2020 Addict RC that I really love, but I also have a gravel bike that I use just from time to time and I hate that it just stands in the garage most of the year... And lots of times I can't decide whether to ride road, gravel or MTB, haha!
Now my wife wants Addict RC as well, so I am thinking about bulding lightweight Addict Gravel for me, with two wheelsets (46/33 crankset, then 10/33 for road and 10/36 for gravel; I am riding 46/33 with 10-33 currently here in Switzerland and I love it for the climbs), and giving my Addict to the wife (resale value is a bit lower for older model, so would be cheaper than buying something new for her)
With road handlebar and wheels/tyres it really feels like a road bike,doesn't feel sluggish or slow to react at all, hard to tell but it seems to absorb road vibrations little better also, sizing wise gravel S is little bit bigger than RC size S.
Aerodynamically it seems you pay little penalty ( looks to be about 1-1.5km/h slower with same Watts ) , probably thanks to sitting little bit higher ( higher BB ), rather than the frame aerodynamic abilities.
If you are not racing for best positions possible then i see no reason to not use it as a road bike, i'm loving it so far!

ice29

by ice29

Brabus wrote:
Thu May 04, 2023 2:35 pm
ice29 wrote:
Thu May 04, 2023 1:18 pm
Brabus wrote:

Zipp 303S wheels
Quarq Spider
165mm Sram RED crankset
With road handlebar and wheels/tyres it really feels like a road bike,doesn't feel sluggish or slow to react at all, hard to tell but it seems to absorb road vibrations little better also, sizing wise gravel S is little bit bigger than RC size S.
Aerodynamically it seems you pay little penalty ( looks to be about 1-1.5km/h slower with same Watts ) , probably thanks to sitting little bit higher ( higher BB ), rather than the frame aerodynamic abilities.
If you are not racing for best positions possible then i see no reason to not use it as a road bike, i'm loving it so far!
Thank! That reassures me a bit :) now the harder part, finding the frame or complete bike in my size somewhere...

EDIT: Btw I think the BB is actually lower on the Addict Gravel then on the regular :) (though it was higher on the 2021 Foil IIRC...)
I could not find a Gravel frameset for normal price (well I could buy the current tuned version, but that one is veeery ugly), but found another RC frame (Ultimate version) very cheap, so another road bike will be built :D but hunt for gravel continues... (

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com