2022 Giant Revolt Advanced

The spirit of Grav-lo-cross. No but seriously, cyclocross and gravel go here!

Moderator: Moderator Team

wltz

by wltz

bigrace wrote:
wltz wrote:
justRideIt wrote:
Thu Nov 04, 2021 10:16 pm
What I missed on the older Revolt models were fender mounts.
Oh. My Revolt frame does have proper fender mounts, this was one of the main arguments for replacing the trusty old and much loved Defy with it. I'm actually finally building it over the weekend after next when the final bits and bobs are expected to have landed. I expect to be able to fit 50mm-wide fenders, which I am yet to order (want to build the thing first).
Have you already chosen which fenders you're fitting. I'm interested to know if you have

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk
I’m going to fit the rad Veloduo carbon fenders, just haven’t decided on the size yet. Will measure all clearances carefully when building and make a call. I’m going to use the Revolt both as winter bike with 32c tyres and gravel bike with something between 38 and 42 tyres, and I need to figure out if I will have enough clearance to run knobbly ones. If I don’t, I’ll go with 45mm wide fenders. If I have clearance, will go with 50mm 700c version.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

morganb

by morganb

Was hoping for a bit more reach, or a longer reach to stack ratio. Hopefully local shop gets a few in and I can take for a spin. The XS is probably the closest to how I would want it to fit looking just at those numbers, which is wild because I ride a large mountain bike.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

RDY

by RDY

Not that I want to change my 2021 Revolt advanced frameset for the new one, but what are people seeing for the frameset pricing for 2022?

I got my MY21 from a UK dealer for £1300. 1400 Euros seemed to be the EU price mostly.

Only place I can find a price for MY22 is the Giant Sweden site ... and it's over 2600 Euros. Is this a mistake, or have they really doubled the price in one year, having just added eyelets to the top tube and increased tyre clearance?

RDY

by RDY

Update. Apparently the Revolt Advanced Pro is now a different lighter layup than the Revolt Advanced, rather than a different spec level for complete bikes as previously.

But still, price doubling to TCR SL or Propel territory is a pretty steep rise.

damond

by damond

The frame is the same! The difference is the fork layup (ADV SL on the PRO) and the Advanced Pro comes with a D-Fuse SLR seatpost.

wltz

by wltz

Apologies for asking this in the wrong model year thread, but just finally got to build my Revolt 2021, and I for the life of me cannot pass the SD50 di2 wire through the chainstay. It’s just too narrow! Has anyone else built the Revolt with previous gen di2? Unless there‘a a trick I miss, good luck to me getting warranty on the frame, which sounds just stupid.

wltz

by wltz

wltz wrote:Apologies for asking this in the wrong model year thread, but just finally got to build my Revolt 2021, and I for the life of me cannot pass the SD50 di2 wire through the chainstay. It’s just too narrow! Has anyone else built the Revolt with previous gen di2? Unless there‘a a trick I miss, good luck to me getting warranty on the frame, which sounds just stupid.
Nevermind, I managed to push it through from the BB shell down with a bit of resolute persuasion and a 3mm Allen key. Off to a good start :)

OnTheRivet

by OnTheRivet

damond wrote:
Thu Nov 11, 2021 11:28 am
The frame is the same! The difference is the fork layup (ADV SL on the PRO) and the Advanced Pro comes with a D-Fuse SLR seatpost.
Actually glad I got the 2021, not a fan of the multiple bolt mounts on the new fork.

OnTheRivet

by OnTheRivet

morganb wrote:
Fri Nov 05, 2021 12:49 pm
Was hoping for a bit more reach, or a longer reach to stack ratio. Hopefully local shop gets a few in and I can take for a spin. The XS is probably the closest to how I would want it to fit looking just at those numbers, which is wild because I ride a large mountain bike.
Odd, I ride a 55 road frame and Medium or Large mtb (depending on manufacturer) and fit perfectly on the 2021 Medium Revolt.

RDY

by RDY

They're also claiming a lighter frame and thinner seatstays. Geo's also a little bit different.

But I suspect most of the weight savings are from them ditching the downtube / BB protector and driveside chainstay protector. Both are pretty heavy duty on the MY21 ... but in my view a great addition. Pretty sure my BB area and downtube junction would be badly dinged by now, if not for it.

Seems like a bit of a false economy.

morganb

by morganb

OnTheRivet wrote:
Sat Nov 13, 2021 5:22 pm
morganb wrote:
Odd, I ride a 55 road frame and Medium or Large mtb (depending on manufacturer) and fit perfectly on the 2021 Medium Revolt.
I ride a 52 frame on the road but long stem, because I like low stack on drop bars, just because of my proportions (short legs, long torso). My custom gravel bike is 545mm stack and 385mm reach, if I did it again I would keep the stack the same but probably push reach up to 400-405mm. I like 450-470mm reach on mountain bikes, and stack tends to change less with sizes on MTB compared to road.

OnTheRivet

by OnTheRivet

RDY wrote:
Mon Nov 15, 2021 2:58 pm
They're also claiming a lighter frame and thinner seatstays. Geo's also a little bit different.

But I suspect most of the weight savings are from them ditching the downtube / BB protector and driveside chainstay protector. Both are pretty heavy duty on the MY21 ... but in my view a great addition. Pretty sure my BB area and downtube junction would be badly dinged by now, if not for it.

Seems like a bit of a false economy.
I did not notice that. That's a fail in my book. Big fan of the protectors on MY21 frame and yes that accounts for a lot of the frame weight loss.

justRideIt

by justRideIt

Today I inquired at a local bike shop here in Germany about the Revolt Advanced Pro 0 (top of the line model with 2x Shimano Di2).

Due to supply chain constraints, the dealership was offered a very limited number of Giant bikes for 2022. For the Revolt specifically, they have ordered a handful of lower specced bikes (no Di2-models).
Expected delivery for these bikes is in calendar week 27, 2022 (i.e. July).

Even if I would put 100% of the money down with them today, they could not order the Advanced Pro 0 for me and confirm a delivery date in 2022.
2020 S-Works Tarmac SL6 Disc @ 6.35-ish kg: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=159454
2021 Specialized Diverge viewtopic.php?f=10&t=165482

dzl

by dzl

I'm in the US, and my LBS inquired with the regional Giant rep regarding an XS Advanced 0 for my wife. Estimated delivery date: December 2022.

So they will have already rolled into the 2023 model year before some 2022's are available. :faint:

I mean, why even pretend? They should have just pre-announced these as early 2023's with limited availability instead.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

warthog101

by warthog101

OnTheRivet wrote:
morganb wrote:
I ride a M/L TCR with a 120mm stem. 184cm tall.
Was going to get a M/L Revolt.
I was advised to get a L. Glad I did.
Would have been too much "d fuse" seat post extension on the smaller frame. Would have been bouncing all over the shop.