2022 Giant Revolt Advanced

The spirit of Grav-lo-cross. No but seriously, cyclocross and gravel go here!

Moderator: Moderator Team

Lurker123

by Lurker123

If you buy a 3mm offset chainring it should fit without any other changes. I got mine off from aliexpress from a brand called "stone". Depending on the crankset can't just add a spacer to increase the overall length of the crank spindle.

warickwrx

by warickwrx

I am in the same boat. Have a 2023 revolt frame that I want to fit with a GRX 820 1 x 12 groupset. Will be using a 46t chainring. From what understand the offset on the 820 1X crankset is suffucient however might also condider a 3mm offset chainring to be safe.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

MartinT

by MartinT

Thanks, good shout on the 3mm offset rings. The cheapest 3mm offset chainrings on AliExpress seem to be around £60. Which seems pretty pricey. Then I might need to change the chain too. I am guessing I will also need to lose the chain guard (I dont think I can adjust it). I am now wondering whether to just get the SRAM 6mm offset 42T chainring which I think will fit as is, but is it enough(?).... Analysis paralysis!

Lurker123

by Lurker123

If you're running SRAM AXS you can check the time spent in each gear ratio to determine what sized chainring you can get away with, at least that's what I did. I care about racing and didn't want too spend much time in the inefficient 10 tooth cog so I went large on the front chainring. Standard chain guards may not fit so I'm running one from aerocoach developed for TT rigs since my 50 tooth chainring exceeds the capacity of most of the others I've tried

rawjunk

by rawjunk

wahla21 wrote:
Sat Mar 12, 2022 9:28 am
It has finally arrived!
Advanced Pro 1.
Really lovely bike, very nimble and light (ish) for such a big bike.
Love it already.

How does it ride with that much seat post exposed? Is it too flexy on pavement? I'm looking at Advanced Pro 1 in large and with my saddle height there would be around 255mm of exposed seatpost. Someone said size L has 350mm seatpost so I'd probably be just around minimum insertion.

I'm guessing there shouldn't be huge downsides from switching to a longer round 30.9mm seatpost if necessary?

wahla21

by wahla21

rawjunk wrote:
Fri Mar 01, 2024 6:14 pm
wahla21 wrote:
Sat Mar 12, 2022 9:28 am
It has finally arrived!
Advanced Pro 1.
Really lovely bike, very nimble and light (ish) for such a big bike.
Love it already.

How does it ride with that much seat post exposed? Is it too flexy on pavement? I'm looking at Advanced Pro 1 in large and with my saddle height there would be around 255mm of exposed seatpost. Someone said size L has 350mm seatpost so I'd probably be just around minimum insertion.

I'm guessing there shouldn't be huge downsides from switching to a longer round 30.9mm seatpost if necessary?
I didn't find it flexed at all. I no longer have the he bike though but I felt it was like a normal road bike on tyres and a good gravel bike off road.
And yes you can always change to a round seat post although mine was 395mm on a the XL frame
Focus Izalco Max

rawjunk

by rawjunk

wahla21 wrote:
Fri Mar 01, 2024 7:48 pm
I didn't find it flexed at all. I no longer have the he bike though but I felt it was like a normal road bike on tyres and a good gravel bike off road.
And yes you can always change to a round seat post although mine was 395mm on a the XL frame
That's good to know, thanks. Quick google search doesn't even find shorter D-Fuse SLR seatposts than 395mm.

rawjunk

by rawjunk

I got a notification that Giant Revolt Advanced Pro 1 2023 I had ordered was oversold and I won't be getting it :cry:

While I'm waiting to get my money back I'm wondering what good options are there. I could get large Giant Revolt Advanced 2 for €2,264.94, strip and sell the groupset and maybe upgrade it to Apex AXS with 44T front chain ring. I would be missing out with fork and seatpost, but the latter is easy to fix. I already have a decent carbon wheelset.

Revolt Advanced 0 is 3 309,98 € with Giant CXR2 wheels and GRX 810 groupset but I want electronic shifting and I'm not feeling the charcoal plum color :)

Edit: Giant Revolt Advanced 2 2023 ordered.

gofasterstripes

by gofasterstripes

I'm currently weighing up wether to buy a Scott addict or the Giant revolt, looking through the thread and giants webiste the revolt frame seems to be limited in the size and types of chainrings you can use.
I'd personally like the option to be able to fit 52/46-36 chainrings which seems to rule the revolt out but I came across this aticle about Brendan Johnstone's current set up and he has a dura ace 52-36 chainset fitted

https://www.giant-bicycles.com/global/n ... -pro/27679

I'm assuming he has used spacers to push the chainset out, has anyone tried this personally and know by how much?

warickwrx

by warickwrx

gofasterstripes wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2024 3:00 pm
I'm currently weighing up wether to buy a Scott addict or the Giant revolt, looking through the thread and giants webiste the revolt frame seems to be limited in the size and types of chainrings you can use.
I'd personally like the option to be able to fit 52/46-36 chainrings which seems to rule the revolt out but I came across this aticle about Brendan Johnstone's current set up and he has a dura ace 52-36 chainset fitted

https://www.giant-bicycles.com/global/n ... -pro/27679

I'm assuming he has used spacers to push the chainset out, has anyone tried this personally and know by how much?
For information purposes I am currently using a 1x setup with GRX 820, 46t up front and 10-51t rear, there is 3mm clearance to the chainstay not using any spacers.