Clear the confusion with Sram AXS Flat Top Chain Compatibility.

The spirit of Grav-lo-cross. No but seriously, cyclocross and gravel go here!

Moderator: Moderator Team

aquilinx

by aquilinx

kervelo wrote:
Thu Aug 12, 2021 7:53 am
Another question related to upgrades: any idea if the SRAM XPLR Force 12sp flat top chain will work with SRAM Force 1 11sp chain ring?
Even if you get it to work it wouldnt be ideal. I guess a smaller roller can rest in a bigger groove but a bigger roller and a smaller groove dont play well with each other.

jfranci3

by jfranci3

kervelo wrote:
Thu Aug 12, 2021 7:53 am
Another question related to upgrades: any idea if the SRAM XPLR Force 12sp flat top chain will work with SRAM Force 1 11sp chain ring?
It won't. The links are too narrow and will ride on the ring. The rollers are too fat to fall into the valleys.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

kervelo

by kervelo

Thanks @aquilinx and @jfranci3. That's what I thought too.

If I am correct at the moment SRAM does not have any 12sp chain ring that could be used with a Quarq PM (110 BCD) and would be suitable for gravel.

Edit: the SRAM 12 sp chain rings are only compatible with their newer PM (107 BCD).

Raymonndo

by Raymonndo

Sorry side question here... does anyone know if a 12 speed KMC chain will fit the SRAM Red 12 Speed groupset?

Matte86

by Matte86

Unfortunately it doesn’t.. I tried it with a KMC Dl with Sram red AXS 12 and it didn’t work out very well.. you can check the thread on the road part about third part chainrings on sram red AXS where we chatted about that

Raymonndo

by Raymonndo

Matte86 wrote:
Fri Aug 13, 2021 3:59 pm
Unfortunately it doesn’t.. I tried it with a KMC Dl with Sram red AXS 12 and it didn’t work out very well.. you can check the thread on the road part about third part chainrings on sram red AXS where we chatted about that
Thanks Matte, that's a shame. I did see in this thread someone using the Eagle chain so might have a look at them.

Steve Curtis
Location: Hampshire UK, Dublin Ireland and Geneva Switzerland.

by Steve Curtis

Matte86 wrote:
Could you post a link to the thread please. I can't find it.

Cheers

Steve Curtis

by Steve Curtis

Ok so I have a kmc 12, an sram red and xx1 chain on order to check this all out for myself.
I'll figure out what works with what and post the results next week.

Matte86

by Matte86

Steve Curtis wrote:
Matte86 wrote:
Could you post a link to the thread please. I can't find it.

Cheers
My bad the thread title was different, but appropriate topic viewtopic.php?t=163976
Even this one has interesting info viewtopic.php?t=163564

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

Matte86

by Matte86

Steve Curtis wrote:Ok so I have a kmc 12, an sram red and xx1 chain on order to check this all out for myself.
Be careful with the KMC.. please share your results maybe with a Sram red crankset it works better / you could make it work

Steve Curtis

by Steve Curtis

Matte86 wrote:
Sat Aug 14, 2021 2:47 pm
Steve Curtis wrote:Ok so I have a kmc 12, an sram red and xx1 chain on order to check this all out for myself.
Be careful with the KMC.. please share your results maybe with a Sram red crankset it works better / you could make it work
I'll be using a stone chainring x1 so hopefully I won't have any issues.
I picked up the xx1 and red chain just because I found someone who had them for sale.

They'll all get used eventually but I think I'll just do some testing to see what shifts best. Which is least noisy etc.
Thanks for the link, I'll check it out.

George46GR

by George46GR

Good evening, please allow me a question: I recently changed my front SRAM Red AXS 12 speed chainrings from 50/37T to 54/41T (in my TT bike). So I know need to
accordingly enlongate my chain. How am I supposed to do this? I do have a portion of the initial chain, but I do not have a connection pin (like the Shimano one).
May I use one more quick link? Thank you in advance, George.
2023 Cervelo S5, size 56, sapphire/ice

MattMay

by MattMay

New chain.

raggi

by raggi

Sorry if its a dumb question or if its already been talked about, but could I use the new Rival AXS 1x crankset with a shimano chain+rear derailleur (11s)?

Want to get it because its a cheap power meter option :-)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

CustomMetal

by CustomMetal

I'm running force AXS RD with SLF aero OSPW, Campy 12 speed cassette, Eagle chain and aerocoach oval chainring on my TT bike. Works surprisingly well and I don't have a 10 tooth but do have really nice jumps between gears (11-32)
Allegra- Steel Lugs TBC
Aurelia- Stainless All Road 8.5kg
Bertha- TT 9.8kg
Perdita- Ti Turbo bike 8kg
Serenity- Ti Gravel 9.5kg/8.9kg
Verity- Ti Aero 8.2kg
Alya- Ti Climbing TBC

All weights with pedals,cages & garmin mount