Ridley Kanzo Fast

The spirit of Grav-lo-cross. No but seriously, cyclocross and gravel go here!

Moderator: Moderator Team

gwerziou

by gwerziou

Is it true that those running mechanical drivetrains would have to run the cabling through the bars? I'm a bit suspicious that the extra amount of torturous cable routing might have a deleterious effect on shifting quality.
• A hi-zoot bike, pretty sweet
• An old bike, more fun than the new one actually
• Unicycle, no brand name visible

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

kevinw

by kevinw

sunfire2k5 wrote:
Thu Mar 11, 2021 11:32 pm
No prob running 650b 50mm tires actually.
Great news - now here's hoping my new bike arrives this year!

bobrayner

by bobrayner

gwerziou wrote:
Fri Mar 12, 2021 6:00 pm
Is it true that those running mechanical drivetrains would have to run the cabling through the bars? I'm a bit suspicious that the extra amount of torturous cable routing might have a deleterious effect on shifting quality.
Isn't it based on the integrated handlebar from the Noah Fast? There are a lot more of those on the road, are there many complaints from riders?
Sent from my computer using an internet browser.

gwerziou

by gwerziou

bobrayner wrote:
Sat Mar 13, 2021 12:44 pm
gwerziou wrote:
Isn't it based on the integrated handlebar from the Noah Fast? There are a lot more of those on the road, are there many complaints from riders?
Beats me... I don't know anything about road bikes, never owned one. Purely XC and CX!
• A hi-zoot bike, pretty sweet
• An old bike, more fun than the new one actually
• Unicycle, no brand name visible

sunfire2k5

by sunfire2k5

gwerziou wrote:
Sat Mar 13, 2021 10:54 pm
bobrayner wrote:
Sat Mar 13, 2021 12:44 pm
gwerziou wrote:
Beats me... I don't know anything about road bikes, never owned one. Purely XC and CX!
Hi,

You are right about based on the noah handlebar. I actually use the noah bars on my kanzo because of the drop and less flare (but still some flare). Also 5mm more reach..

No complaints from the users I know on the mechanical setup. I bet the setup is a nightmare to assemble tho... pretty tight.
FOIL 20 w/DA 9270 + ENVE 60/67 2023 wheels - GP 5000TR S 28MM
Ridley GRIFN, 105 Di2 12s + Nextie AGX45 (40mm wide) aerogravel wheels - Terra Speed 45mm

bobrayner

by bobrayner

Are there any other seatpost options for the Kanzo Fast? The aero profile makes it difficult. Are there any gram-shaving weight-weenie options, or even some way to engineer a dropper post using a sleeve?

sunfire2k5

by sunfire2k5

emotive wrote:
Fri Jan 29, 2021 10:43 am
sunfire2k5 wrote:Iam interested in the 3T wheels - hope that Nextie comes around to make alternative with 40mm external and 27-29 internal..
Me too. It could be Light Bicycle, or Farsports who come out with a proper aero gravel wheelset. It’s only a matter of time until someone offers an alternative.
Its alive! ;)

https://www.nextie.com/gravel-AGX-700C
Ridley GRIFN, 105 Di2 12s + Nextie AGX45 (40mm wide) aerogravel wheels - Terra Speed 45mm

emotive

by emotive

sunfire2k5 wrote:
Tue Mar 23, 2021 11:11 pm
emotive wrote:
sunfire2k5 wrote:Iam interested in the 3T wheels - hope that Nextie comes around to make alternative with 40mm external and 27-29 internal..
Me too. It could be Light Bicycle, or Farsports who come out with a proper aero gravel wheelset. It’s only a matter of time until someone offers an alternative.
Its alive! ;)

Thanks for the heads up! Interested!

sunfire2k5

by sunfire2k5

emotive wrote:
Wed Mar 24, 2021 12:32 am
sunfire2k5 wrote:
Tue Mar 23, 2021 11:11 pm
emotive wrote:
Its alive! ;)

Thanks for the heads up! Interested!
I have some sets on order now. 24h with 240EXP hubs. Will go on the Kanzo.. claimed weight under 1500grams.

JHeiro

by JHeiro

Here's mine. Built with Campagnolo Ekar 1x13, Enve 3.4ARs. Weighs 8120g as seen here.

bobrayner

by bobrayner

Looks good!
How is the Ekar?

JHeiro

by JHeiro

bobrayner wrote:
Sat Apr 17, 2021 11:11 am
How is the Ekar?
After a couple of rides I'm very happy with the Ekar. Shifts are precise, if a bit clunky compared to eletctric shifting. There's a reassuring Campagnolo mechanical "ka-chunk" sound when shifting. I was a bit worried how it would shift considering the tight bend with the internal cabling. So far so good though. Brake feel and modulation are excellent.

The deal-breaker with Ekar for me is the cassette. I'm running 44t x 10-44. This gives me the range needed for my ride preferences, and most importantly 1t jumps between gears where they're needed: 10-11-12-13-14-15-17-19-22-26-32-38-44.

bespoke

by bespoke

Looks great
What hubs are on the Enve?
Is it DT; and the N3W adapter?
Warning - Inherently biased:
www.bespokecycling.com

bobrayner

by bobrayner

I'm still waiting for my Kanzo Fast. Hope it comes soon; in the meantime I'm wasting time browsing titanium and carbon-fibre gadgets on the internet which promise to shave off about 0.01% of the weight whilst doubling the price of the bike. Still haven't found the perfect bag setup though (I wanted to make my own storage bag to fit in the niche between the BB and the underside of the downtube bottle cage, but that's a lot of design effort for a single bag)

bobrayner

by bobrayner

A report from the field:

I wanted to experiment with a lightweight, sleek frame bag for the Kanzo Fast. I thought that behind the seat-tube would be the best place; and at the bottom of that zone, Ridley kindly provided an M5 bolt facing upwards (intended for mudguards). Now, Fidlock's cool magnetic fasteners include an bolt option - "SNAP Male M Bolt" - so I thought it would be cool to locate the bottom of a bag positively with Fidlock. (Perhaps the top of the bag could be held with a strap or bungee-cord around the seat-tube).

Alas, the Fidlock bolt fits fine, but all of the corresponding Fidlock Female M fasteners are too big, so it's not practical to use Fidlock to fix a bag there - it would be very tight against the frame corner above the seatstays. I still think some other fastening system with an M5 bolt could work well, though.

The "SNAP Male M Bolt" can still work to positively locate a bag in the corner above the BB, but this sacrifices one of the bottle cages.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com