Ridley Kanzo Fast

The spirit of Grav-lo-cross. No but seriously, cyclocross and gravel go here!

Moderator: Moderator Team

parleez1

by parleez1

Anyone who is riding a Ridley Kanzo Fast with a Classified hub set up can you please provide a review with your overall impressions of the system, and let us know how its working out, plus/minus of the system, was it the right cohoice for you, does it basically function like a 2x set up.

Thanks!

Matte86

by Matte86

parleez1 wrote:Anyone who is riding a Ridley Kanzo Fast with a Classified hub set up can you please provide a review with your overall impressions of the system, and let us know how its working out, plus/minus of the system, was it the right cohoice for you, does it basically function like a 2x set up.

Thanks!
Keen to know real life experiences as well
Thanks!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Weltverloren

by Weltverloren

Just thought I'd necro this thread to let you know that the Kanzo Fast was tested with 28mm road tires on DT Swiss Dicut 1100 Arc 50 wheels in the current edition of TOUR and scored 212.5 Watts in their standardized (45kph) windtunnel test. We also know from other TOUR tests that the Arc 50 with 28mm tires runs about 2.5 Watts slower than the Arc 60 with 25mm that features on many of the fastest road bikes tested so far - so we're looking at around 210 Watts in a fully optimized setup.
This means that according to TOUR, the Kanzo Fast in road mode is on par with the absolute fastest allround road-race bikes currently available - like the new Tarmac SL8, which clocked in at 209 Watts. The fastest dedicated aero road bikes (S5, Pride II, One, Aeroad) come in between 199 and 205 Watts.

I feel like this is great news, since it underscores the viability of using an aero gravel bike as a one bike solution for people riding on and offroad. : )

If they only ever got around to releasing the aero bar solution for their integrated barstem which they previewed at Unbound 2022, I'd really give swapping my Aspero-5 for a Kanzo Fast some thought right now. ^^
Update: I reached out and apparently their aero bar solution for the barstem is coming early next month.

CasualRider

by CasualRider

when I saw this bike in real life I was very impressed and immediately wanted to buy one. The lack of front derailleur is a huge failure. A lot of athletes run 2x nowadays. I can't see any 1x only compatibale bike selling well. This is just plain dumb and lack of market reserch.
Tarmac SL8 Maganta Gold
Crux Green Pearl

Previous bikes:
Crux Forest Green
Tarmac SL7 Snake Eye
Venge Bora Team
Venge Purple
Trek Madone SLR 7

sonic00

by sonic00

Hi guys,
I'm trying to assemble my Kanzo Fast Frameset and have some problems with the cockpit:
Assembled the Headset, installed the Expander and now I have no idea how to mount the topCap/adjust the headset.
The screw of the expander has no inner thread - so I can't mount the top cap using a screw...

stalkersk

by stalkersk

You must have assembled something incorrectly, post some pictures.

sonic00

by sonic00

Found the mistake-the screw for the top cap had been installed on the expander...

sonic00

by sonic00

Next issue: adjusting the headset.
The first spacer has contact to the frame - adjusting the headset is not possible.
Is there any special shim available to increase the distance frame to spacer?

stalkersk

by stalkersk

Go to your bike shop and ask for headset shims, if you already connected hoses just do 0.5 mm cut in them and slide over the hoses. Wider cut is to avoid creaking. Mine work perfectly. I would also buy the Forza aluminum top cap for proper preload and then switch the aero cover, since that aero cover can break if there is too much force.

sonic00

by sonic00

It's a really nice ride!

sunfire2k5

by sunfire2k5

sonic00 wrote:
Fri Dec 22, 2023 1:47 pm

It's a really nice ride!
Nice build!

Not many things beat a AXS Kanzo Fast
FOIL 20 w/DA 9270 + ENVE 60/67 2023 wheels - GP 5000TR S 28MM
Ridley GRIFN, 105 Di2 12s + Nextie AGX45 (40mm wide) aerogravel wheels - Terra Speed 45mm