Rotor 11-39 12sp Cassette with AXS Eagle or Force Experience ?

The spirit of Grav-lo-cross. No but seriously, cyclocross and gravel go here!

Moderator: Moderator Team

itapersita

by itapersita

Any update on this? I am interested to know if the force (or red) wide RD will work on a cassette above the declared 36T. It would be interesting to know.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

LanaDrahrepus

by LanaDrahrepus

Double
Last edited by LanaDrahrepus on Thu Mar 17, 2022 2:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LanaDrahrepus

by LanaDrahrepus

Any new on this. I am currently running a Sram Red Axs Derailleur with a garbaruk cage and a 10-48t cassette + an 44t garbaruk chainring.

Shifting is almost perfect with a slightly in purpose bend derailleur hanger (towards the hub)

But:
I would like to test out the rotor cassette(11-46t), cause if the less gear jumps.

My novatec hub is also fitting HG Drive Body's... but it is definitely an investment just for tighter gearing.

What do you think

stalkersk

by stalkersk

Just swapped my 10-36 cassette for rotor 11-39 on my XPLR derailleur. It shifted with flattop chain, but swapped it for KMX X12. Shifts ok, definitely can run correct chain length compared to Eagle AXS, there it was running better with 2 extra links. There can be chain drop on 39 with KMC chain, no drops with flattop chain. Will see and maybe test also eagle chain, for shifting performance. On stand it all works, will see what it will be outside. With Eagle RD it's totally usable, just lot of trial and error for setup.

LanaDrahrepus

by LanaDrahrepus

stalkersk wrote:
Thu Mar 17, 2022 3:19 pm
Just swapped my 10-36 cassette for rotor 11-39 on my XPLR derailleur. It shifted with flattop chain, but swapped it for KMX X12. Shifts ok, definitely can run correct chain length compared to Eagle AXS, there it was running better with 2 extra links. There can be chain drop on 39 with KMC chain, no drops with flattop chain. Will see and maybe test also eagle chain, for shifting performance. On stand it all works, will see what it will be outside. With Eagle RD it's totally usable, just lot of trial and error for setup.
Any News on testing? How does XX1 Chain Compare to KMC? Is the Shifting Smooth?

stalkersk

by stalkersk

Yes, XX1 and X01 chain shifts really good, no drops when backpedaling and is a bit more silent than the KMC one on steel sprockets. So far best combo.

LanaDrahrepus

by LanaDrahrepus

Thanks for all the responses. Rotor 11-46t is working great.

I am using XX1 chain with a Sram Red AXS derailleur and a 44t Garbaruk front chainring.
Shifting is much better (smoother more silent) than with my previous Garbaruk 10-48t Cassette.

... this is all great news but now I have heard that Campy 13s electronic-wireless is going to hit the market soon... OMG 😲😬

stalkersk

by stalkersk

What is your chain leng and b-gap setup? Big + big and 2 links?

LanaDrahrepus

by LanaDrahrepus

I have an Garbaruk Oversized Cage:

https://www.garbaruk.com/sram-12-speed- ... ategory=15

No extra links. Normally chain leghth.

aquilinx

by aquilinx

LanaDrahrepus wrote:
Sun Apr 10, 2022 9:41 am
Thanks for all the responses. Rotor 11-46t is working great.

I am using XX1 chain with a Sram Red AXS derailleur and a 44t Garbaruk front chainring.
Shifting is much better (smoother more silent) than with my previous Garbaruk 10-48t Cassette.

... this is all great news but now I have heard that Campy 13s electronic-wireless is going to hit the market soon... OMG 😲😬
I am running rotor 11-46t too and I found the 39t (the second largest cog)very noisy. Do you have the same issue too?

LanaDrahrepus

by LanaDrahrepus

hey, i do not have the issue on the second largest cog. But ... i have a little bit noise on the 13t (third largest cog) :noidea: ...

ice29

by ice29

Other long term experiences? I wanted to upgrade my GFs Scott Addict ebike (Mahle X35 motor) to 1x12 Xplr (bought the components already) but I can't convert it to XDR freehub... So need to find a 12 speed 11-36 or 11-39 cassette (to run eith 40t chainring)
So is it better to run XPLR (Rival in my case) with sram flattop or normal chain?

jfranci3

by jfranci3

I just put one of these 11-39 on. Tired both a Flat top chain and an Eagle chain. With a few spare links on the bench, I checked and it seems like it is 100% flattop compatible. The flat top also seems to shift outward 5% better. Having said that, it's a bit 'jumpier' shifting outward than the AXS 10-36 Rival cassette. Ratios are better, but you get some eventful shifts into smaller cogs. It's smooth going to larger cogs, inward and silky pedalling.

The Rival cassette needed breaking in for the 10t - 13t cogs and I had a skipping chain in the middle cogs, which required me to trim one of the teeth with a file (the chain was hitting a tooth in the next smaller cog causing it to POP/skip/tick)

scator

by scator

Apologize for the bump, but this was the most relevant thread from Search.

I'm also planning a conversion for an ebike which has an HG rear hub, so I need to use a Rotor cassette (HG).

Here's the plan:

Rotor 11-46
Eagle X01 AXS
Wolftooth GRX chainring 40t (bike has GRX crankset)
KMC X12 chain

Anything I'm missing here?

From all I've read, seems like I'm good to go.

Thanks!