New Exploro RaceMax

The spirit of Grav-lo-cross. No but seriously, cyclocross and gravel go here!

Moderator: Moderator Team

stalkersk

by stalkersk

Not entirely true, you can use apto integrale stem with spacer on top, but you need to have bars with opening in the middle, where you can run 2 hoses

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Upcountry

by Upcountry

stalkersk wrote:
Tue Oct 17, 2023 8:32 pm
Not entirely true, you can use apto integrale stem with spacer on top, but you need to have bars with opening in the middle, where you can run 2 hoses
No, you can't... The stem fits entirely over the top of a cut steerer tube...

Upcountry

by Upcountry

Ahh... Didn't read into the Apto part, but still thinking thats a no... The bike we're discussing has a new, and very distinctly shaped, steerer... I don't see them mentioning anything other than the More integrale stem, which they include with each build option.

stalkersk

by stalkersk

Look the strada and exploro use same headset and also stems. The headset uses D-shaped compression ring. So in the end you are searching for problems which do not exist :)
He's got new Exploro Italia with Apto stem.
https://www.instagram.com/reel/CxlS6TNs ... BiNWFlZA==

aldoxzx

by aldoxzx

Josku wrote:
Mon Oct 16, 2023 7:26 pm
saverin wrote:Anyone run into chainsuck issues with SRAM 2x (AXS, non-wide)?

Running a 46/33 Force D1 crankset with Rival FD and had chain work it's way between crankset and chainstay twice on last ride when shifting from big chainring to small chainring. Chain didn't drop, just have enough clearance for chain to make it's way between dropped chainstay and crankset. I suspect there was some buildup of thicker factory SRAM grease that contributed....but wondering if there's any setup tricks to address this on Exploro Race setups...
Had the same problem. The only solution was to go for 1x. Especially in rainy days it was impossible to ride in small chainring. I do know few other people who had the same problem.
When learning the problem, local bike shop refused to sell 2x setup. Other than RaceMax 3T gravel bikes should work fine with 2x.

Other than that I'm super happy about the bike. Image
I'm ready to buy a racemax with Force 2x and this is the only thing that is holding me back... is there really no solution to this? It seems like an issue that should be fixable somehow.

basurper

by basurper

I use ultegra di2 2x12. Have the same problem as well.

Sent from my SM-F731B using Tapatalk

saverin

by saverin

It's the nature of the position of the dropped chainstay relative to the chainrings - I'm pretty sure it's very sensitive to how sticky the chain lube you use is - once the factory SRAM grease wore off after a few cleans, seems to be getting better, but it's something to consider if you go with a 2x drivetrain and particularly on gravel. To the point where I wouldn't run 2x on gravel with this frame.

luisito10

by luisito10

Hi!
I'm super happy with my Racemax. Coming from a Grail AL, it feels and ride like a dream.
But last weekend, the front derailleur threw the chain into the frame, damaging the paint and maybe something else... It has happened when I change from the big chainring to the small one.
I noticed that the wedge between the front derailleur and the frame is not installed.
It is a Sram Force AXS 2x groupset.
ImageImageImage

Enviado desde mi GM1913 mediante Tapatalk

ghdana

by ghdana

I have an Ultra with a scratched BB area due to chaindrop as well(my fault, didn't wipe chain down for like 2 weeks of riding because it was bad conditions every day). It has scared me away from putting on a 44t chainring instead of a 42. Thinking I'll move to that eThirteen 9-52 cassette for more top end.
7.7kg Allez Sprint
9kg Exploro Ultra

aldoxzx

by aldoxzx

saverin wrote:
Tue Nov 14, 2023 5:10 pm
It's the nature of the position of the dropped chainstay relative to the chainrings - I'm pretty sure it's very sensitive to how sticky the chain lube you use is - once the factory SRAM grease wore off after a few cleans, seems to be getting better, but it's something to consider if you go with a 2x drivetrain and particularly on gravel. To the point where I wouldn't run 2x on gravel with this frame.
That's unfortunate.. going to look at something like the cervelo aspero now.

McSpins

by McSpins

This 2x issue is a huge bummer. The pics look like 2 different issues. The white bike shows it hitting the down tube on a front shift high to low. The blue bike seems to show more of a slap bounce from riding in a small inside chainring.

Has there been any response from 3T? Gerard doesn't have much love lost for front mechs, but if he didn't think it would work well I'd expect them to not support it (like the Open Wide, which uses a similar double drop chainstay).

I'd really like this to work because the stack/reach and geometry are exactly what I'm looking for. And would continue my long streak of vroomen designed bikes.

saverin

by saverin

Since we're on the topic of SRAM front derailleurs - which of the included FD support wedges are you using, if any?

Pictures of how/where you've installed would be greatly appreciated.