New Exploro RaceMax

The spirit of Grav-lo-cross. No but seriously, cyclocross and gravel go here!

Moderator: Moderator Team

ofsinreno

by ofsinreno

Hi there! New to the forum but not to the 3T line of bikes. I've had 2 Stradas and now 2 RaceMax bikes.
Here is my current set up:
3T RaceMax Italia (Ambassador edition)
Campy Ekar groupset
3T Torno Crank
3T Discus Wheelset

So far, I love the bike! I'm hoping this can be my one bike for everything- I've put about 200 mines on it since I received it, and I'm looking forward to many more!

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk

ImageImage

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

saverin

by saverin

Is anyone running a RaceMax with 650b (and chunky MTB-esque tires) with SRAM AXS 2x? Wondering whether I could get away with chainrings larger than the 43/30 on a wide spindle without running into tire clearance issues with the SRAM FD battery. Pictures would be ideal if anyone has seen a setup like this.

stalkersk

by stalkersk

I don't see a problem running 50/37 with wide axle, I am running 46/33 with standard axle and there is still some room left. Clearance wise 52mm wide tyre is maximum to be on the safe side. On the other side there is enough room running 45mm tire on 700c with standard axle/derailleur.

gravelero

by gravelero

ofsinreno wrote:
Thu Jun 01, 2023 4:36 am
Hi there! New to the forum but not to the 3T line of bikes. I've had 2 Stradas and now 2 RaceMax bikes.
Here is my current set up:
3T RaceMax Italia (Ambassador edition)
Campy Ekar groupset
3T Torno Crank
3T Discus Wheelset

So far, I love the bike! I'm hoping this can be my one bike for everything- I've put about 200 mines on it since I received it, and I'm looking forward to many more!

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk

ImageImage
do you have problems with 3t torno crank? does it make sounds when you biking?

saverin

by saverin

stalkersk wrote:
Thu Jul 06, 2023 10:46 am
I don't see a problem running 50/37 with wide axle, I am running 46/33 with standard axle and there is still some room left. Clearance wise 52mm wide tyre is maximum to be on the safe side. On the other side there is enough room running 45mm tire on 700c with standard axle/derailleur.
Thanks, but I have acouplle questions:

- What size wheels/tires are you running with the standard axle/standard Front Deraileur?
- Where are you getting these numbers from?

Tb205gti

by Tb205gti

stalkersk wrote:
Mon Oct 10, 2022 12:03 pm
This is already in bike gallery, but Exploro fork is hollow. So far in my digging Vision Metron 5D ACR and Pro Vibe Evo cockpit will work with just a minor top cap modifications, Vision carbon ACR stem will also work, FSA ACR stem will be the most finnicky to hide everything, since there is least room under the preload cap.

Headset bearing cover here https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005004439377450.html

How did you route the front hydraulic hose? Down the steerer tube, out the left leg? Or is there a hole for entering the hose in the top of the fork?
Any more pictures before you assembled it ?

stalkersk

by stalkersk

Tb205gti wrote:
Mon Aug 14, 2023 10:09 am
stalkersk wrote:
This is already in bike gallery, but Exploro fork is hollow. So far in my digging Vision Metron 5D ACR and Pro Vibe Evo cockpit will work with just a minor top cap modifications, Vision carbon ACR stem will also work, FSA ACR stem will be the most finnicky to hide everything, since there is least room under the preload cap.

Headset bearing cover here https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005004439377450.html
How did you route the front hydraulic hose? Down the steerer tube, out the left leg? Or is there a hole for entering the hose in the top of the fork?
The fork is hollow and hose can get through the steerer tube, you just need the acr expader with room for hose.

stalkersk

by stalkersk

Tb205gti wrote:
Mon Aug 14, 2023 10:09 am
stalkersk wrote:

The hose goes into the steerer tube using acr expander, fork is hollow near the crown and no internal guides for hose are in place. I used gear cable to pull the hose through.

Tb205gti

by Tb205gti

Awesome, thanks. it does require the steerer to be cut fairly low, right?

stalkersk

by stalkersk

Depends if you choose the ACR stem or Vision Metron cockpit. With stem you need to know your precise height.

Weltverloren

by Weltverloren

3T just posted two articles to their blog to finally officially unveil their integrated stem solution for the Exploro.
- https://blog.3t.bike/2023/09/20573/the- ... y-is-here/
- https://blog.3t.bike/2023/09/20516/the- ... m-is-back/

Being a 3T post, it's mostly dentist marketing about Italian traditions and has no details on headset/fork changes and backwards compatibility. : D

However, looking at the model info in the store:
- Headset of the "old" RaceMax: 3T MinMax IS42/28.6 + IS 47/38
- Fork of the "old" RaceMax: Fango RaceMax w/ compact crown
- Headset of the "new" RaceMax Italia: 3T MinMax Integrale IS42/31.8 + IS47/33
- Fork of the "new" RaceMax Italia: 3T Fango RaceMax Integrale w/ compact crown

It looks like the new headset is using a different inner diameter, so I'm assuming the fork's steerer tube diameter has changed as well?
If the steerer tube has indeed changed to 1 1/4" (31.8mm), that would put the new Exploro in the same boat as the Cervélo Áspero-5, where you can't use most fully integrated barstems, because (with a couple exceptions) they're almost all 1 1/8".

Deihlos91

by Deihlos91

Has anybody the weights for a racemax size 56 frame / fork and seatpost? Would be great.
Planning to build up a gravel bike and the new 3t racemax (integrated) in the ready to paint colour is acutal my favorit.
Thank you very much.
Allround:
Elilee Blize XXE 24 Carbon Raw L Custom-6340g
Sunday:
Colnago V3Rs 22 (RCRD) 54s Custom-6890g
BW/Travel:
Cannondale Synapse 20 Hi Mod 56 Custom-7200g
Old:
Specialized SWorks Aethos Jet Fuel 56 Custom-6060g

saverin

by saverin

Anyone run into chainsuck issues with SRAM 2x (AXS, non-wide)?

Running a 46/33 Force D1 crankset with Rival FD and had chain work it's way between crankset and chainstay twice on last ride when shifting from big chainring to small chainring. Chain didn't drop, just have enough clearance for chain to make it's way between dropped chainstay and crankset. I suspect there was some buildup of thicker factory SRAM grease that contributed....but wondering if there's any setup tricks to address this on Exploro Race setups...

Josku

by Josku

saverin wrote:Anyone run into chainsuck issues with SRAM 2x (AXS, non-wide)?

Running a 46/33 Force D1 crankset with Rival FD and had chain work it's way between crankset and chainstay twice on last ride when shifting from big chainring to small chainring. Chain didn't drop, just have enough clearance for chain to make it's way between dropped chainstay and crankset. I suspect there was some buildup of thicker factory SRAM grease that contributed....but wondering if there's any setup tricks to address this on Exploro Race setups...
Had the same problem. The only solution was to go for 1x. Especially in rainy days it was impossible to ride in small chainring. I do know few other people who had the same problem.
When learning the problem, local bike shop refused to sell 2x setup. Other than RaceMax 3T gravel bikes should work fine with 2x.

Other than that I'm super happy about the bike. Image

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Upcountry

by Upcountry

Weltverloren wrote:
Thu Sep 14, 2023 6:55 pm
3T just posted two articles to their blog to finally officially unveil their integrated stem solution for the Exploro.
- https://blog.3t.bike/2023/09/20573/the- ... y-is-here/
- https://blog.3t.bike/2023/09/20516/the- ... m-is-back/

Being a 3T post, it's mostly dentist marketing about Italian traditions and has no details on headset/fork changes and backwards compatibility. : D

However, looking at the model info in the store:
- Headset of the "old" RaceMax: 3T MinMax IS42/28.6 + IS 47/38
- Fork of the "old" RaceMax: Fango RaceMax w/ compact crown
- Headset of the "new" RaceMax Italia: 3T MinMax Integrale IS42/31.8 + IS47/33
- Fork of the "new" RaceMax Italia: 3T Fango RaceMax Integrale w/ compact crown

It looks like the new headset is using a different inner diameter, so I'm assuming the fork's steerer tube diameter has changed as well?
If the steerer tube has indeed changed to 1 1/4" (31.8mm), that would put the new Exploro in the same boat as the Cervélo Áspero-5, where you can't use most fully integrated barstems, because (with a couple exceptions) they're almost all 1 1/8".
I was way on board with this latest move to integrate the Racemax... Until I dug into it a little bit. It's a new fork, with a square-ish D shaped Steerer, and only works with this new Integrale Stem, which is available in six lengths, but one angle offering of -6d. The stem has a deep groove underneath, versus full internal routings, so that is a smart move, as it allows for swapping without re-routing hoses. Unfortunately you have to use their very specific handlebars with the opening in just the right spot. Again, only three options there, with only a single "narrow" offering, 38cm in the Superergo. Another ding against it all is the lack of ability to run a spacer on top of the stem. I'm all for slamming stems, but there are valid arguments as to why a single 5mm on top of a stem can save future headaches...

Also, if I'm spending $400US on a stem, atleast give me titanium hardware...