New Exploro RaceMax

The spirit of Grav-lo-cross. No but seriously, cyclocross and gravel go here!

Moderator: Moderator Team

kampiakseli

by kampiakseli

Thank's emotive. What about the hight of the tyre? Hight was issue with the olt Pathfinder 42

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

emotive

by emotive

kampiakseli wrote:Thank's emotive. What about the hight of the tyre? Hight was issue with the olt Pathfinder 42
I haven’t seen anyone mention the s-works pathfinder height/radius. Maybe jump into the S-works pathfinder thread and ask if anyone has a comparison, that’s where I saw the width measurements

New Sworks Pathfinder Tire
https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink/topic? ... source=app

kode54

by kode54

The knobs appear to be about half the height...but agree that a side-by-side picture would be informative.
- Factor Ostro VAM Disc
- Factor LS Disc
- Specialized Aethos Disc
- Sturdy Ti Allroad Disc
- Guru Praemio R Disc

rolfo

by rolfo

alexn15 wrote:
Wed Aug 25, 2021 7:52 am
Been using my Exploro Racemax for 6 months now and I can say that this can be the N-1 bike.

GRX Di2 front and rear derailleurs
Dura Ace hydraulic di2 levers
GRX flat mount brake calipers

Road Set up:
Lightbicycle rims laced to silver Carbon Ti hubs 56mm deep with 30mm external width
Tires are 32mm GP5000
Crank is Rotor Aldhu 50/34 x 11-32 Sram Red Cassette

ImageIMG_4168

ImageIMG_4170

ImageIMG_4171

Gravel Set up
Lightbicycle 650B AR36 rims laced to Hope Hubs 36mm deep with 30mm external width
Tires are Schwalbe All Round 650B x 2.25"
Crank is Rotor Aldhu 46/30 x 11-42 Shimano Cassette

ImageIMG_4166

ImageIMG_4165

ImageIMG_4160

ImageIMG_4162
How does it ride in road setup? I heard is was very hars ride and rides strange/sketchy with the 32mm tyres?

Thank ;-)

tjoerd

by tjoerd

rolfo wrote:
Wed Apr 06, 2022 8:57 am

How does it ride in road setup? I heard is was very hars ride and rides strange/sketchy with the 32mm tyres?

Thank ;-)
Hi Rolfo,

I currently have the new conti S TR 28 set-up tubeless in road mode, does not ride strange or sketchy imo. Comfort is quite okay actually, it is still a stiff / aero bike ofcourse. You might want to read through the comments of Jussi Heiro somewhere around pages 3-6, he has made some comparisons to a fair number of other reputable bikes! Hope this helps..

Cheers

rolfo

by rolfo

tjoerd wrote:
Mon Apr 11, 2022 8:35 am
rolfo wrote:
Wed Apr 06, 2022 8:57 am

Thank ;-)
Hi Rolfo,

I currently have the new conti S TR 28 set-up tubeless in road mode, does not ride strange or sketchy imo. Comfort is quite okay actually, it is still a stiff / aero bike ofcourse. You might want to read through the comments of Jussi Heiro somewhere around pages 3-6, he has made some comparisons to a fair number of other reputable bikes! Hope this helps..

Cheers
Thanks!

basurper

by basurper

alexn15 wrote:Been using my Exploro Racemax for 6 months now and I can say that this can be the N-1 bike.

Road Set up:
Lightbicycle rims laced to silver Carbon Ti hubs 56mm deep with 30mm external width
Tires are 32mm GP5000

ImageIMG_4168

ImageIMG_4170

ImageIMG_4171

Gravel Set up
Lightbicycle 650B AR36 rims laced to Hope Hubs 36mm deep with 30mm external width
Tires are Schwalbe All Round 650B x 2.25"
Crank is Rotor Aldhu 46/30 x 11-42 Shimano Cassette

ImageIMG_4166

ImageIMG_4165

ImageIMG_4160

ImageIMG_4162
Hi.. nice set up.

Do you have any difficulties to put the battery inside the seatpost?

I want to put Ultegra di2 12sp on my racemax but heard that it's not possible to put the battery on the seatpost.

Cheers
NJ

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

saverin

by saverin

Just received my Exploro RaceMax frameset today but was a bit surprised to not find any literature (manual/instruction/etc.) inside the box....is this normal? Does anyone have a digital copy or a Shop manual beyond the basic owners manual found on 3t's site? Im mostly interested in a document that provides guidance on recommended grease application locations and torque specs.

The frame is a warranty replacement for my Strada that had cracks in the seat tube so I'm swapping over the 1x setup I was running on the Strada. I do plan to eventually switch to a 2x setup of some kind, so I was hoping someone with a mechanical 2x setup could please snap a picture of the FD cable routing path where it comes out of the frame? Thanks!

MrRolandos

by MrRolandos

alexn15 wrote:
Wed Aug 25, 2021 7:52 am
Been using my Exploro Racemax for 6 months now and I can say that this can be the N-1 bike.

Road Set up:
Tires are 32mm GP5000

ImageIMG_4168

ImageIMG_4170

ImageIMG_4171
How are you liking the Rotor Carbon rings? What setup are you running them at? These are the qrings right? They look good :thumbup:

CustomMetal

by CustomMetal

This is controversial, but if they could just get those cables internal, aesthetically this would be one of my favourite bikes
Allegra- Steel Lugs TBC
Aurelia- Stainless All Road 8.5kg
Bertha- TT 9.8kg
Perdita- Ti Turbo bike 8kg
Serenity- Ti Gravel 9.5kg/8.9kg
Verity- Ti Aero 8.2kg
Alya- Ti Climbing TBC

All weights with pedals,cages & garmin mount

bobrayner

by bobrayner

CustomMetal wrote:
Thu Apr 28, 2022 9:42 am
This is controversial, but if they could just get those cables internal, aesthetically this would be one of my favourite bikes
+1

I was in love with the Exploro, then started shortlisting bikes and comparing them in detail, and a Ridley Kanzo Fast just barely got a better score in my spreadsheet, so I bought that instead. Cable routing is only a small detail, but it's small things like that which tipped the balance. Still love the Exploro, though.

Cable routing is probably a bigger factor for folk who want to experiment with top-tube bags!
Sent from my computer using an internet browser.

emotive

by emotive

CustomMetal wrote:This is controversial, but if they could just get those cables internal, aesthetically this would be one of my favourite bikes
Agree. Surprised this wasn’t addressed with the just released Racemax Ultra frame. They switched to a round seatpost but didn’t update the cable routing.

Part of the appeal of this frame is the aesthetics. I prefer the straight top tube of the Racemax to the Kanzo Fast TT, but the cabling messes that up.

TLN

by TLN

alexneumuller wrote:
Sat Jan 15, 2022 9:49 am

Ordered the 45/40 …… let us see how long they take to arrive
have you received 45|40 by any chance?
His: Orbea Orca OMX
Hers: Cannondale Synapse HM Disc

Miles253

by Miles253

emotive wrote:
CustomMetal wrote:This is controversial, but if they could just get those cables internal, aesthetically this would be one of my favourite bikes
Agree. Surprised this wasn’t addressed with the just released Racemax Ultra frame. They switched to a round seatpost but didn’t update the cable routing.

Part of the appeal of this frame is the aesthetics. I prefer the straight top tube of the Racemax to the Kanzo Fast TT, but the cabling messes that up.
Agreed. I'm actually falling out of love with my Racemax as the routing is just so damn awkward looking.

Unsure whether I'll just suck it up or buy something else

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

Specialized S-Works Venge Disc | 7.8kg
Rose Backroad | 9kg (Deceased R.I.P.)
Canyon Ultimate CF SL | 7.7kg

https://www.findyourroad.co.uk/
Instagram: @miles_bc

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

editDUH

by editDUH

I got this together a few months ago and have been really enjoying it through the summer. Very much looking forward to it being the favorite bike through the fall and winter months.

-Rival AXS, XPLR
-Zipp 303s
-Gravel King tires, 35mm SK Front, 35mm SS rear
-Zipp Service Course XPLR bars, 40cm
-Zipp Service Course Stem, 130mm
-Fizik Aliante 00 Saddle
-Garbaruk 46T chainring
-Cervelo SmartPak 400a bag
-3T cages

(Ready for a wash after a long day out)