New Exploro RaceMax

The spirit of Grav-lo-cross. No but seriously, cyclocross and gravel go here!

Moderator: Moderator Team

saverin

by saverin

editDUH wrote:
Tue Sep 06, 2022 2:50 pm
I got this together a few months ago and have been really enjoying it through the summer. Very much looking forward to it being the favorite bike through the fall and winter months.

-Rival AXS, XPLR
-Zipp 303s
-Gravel King tires, 35mm SK Front, 35mm SS rear
-Zipp Service Course XPLR bars, 40cm
-Zipp Service Course Stem, 130mm
-Fizik Aliante 00 Saddle
-Garbaruk 46T chainring
-Cervelo SmartPak 400a bag
-3T cages

(Ready for a wash after a long day out)

How's the clearance to the frame with the 46t front ring? Any chance you could take a pic of the chainline and how close your chainring is the the chainstay?

editDUH

by editDUH

Yes - I'll update this post with a pic when I get home. It is definitely tight but fits. Would be curious to get thoughts on the chainline as well, I don't have a trained eye and it's been on my to-do list to get a professional opinion.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

alexneumuller

by alexneumuller

Finally got it all build up. Now I just need to find the time to ride it…..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
3T Exploro - Bastion - Baum - Colnago - Cielo - English Cycles - Enve - Festka - ISEN - Standert - Open - Pegoretti - Pinarello - Specialized - Sturdy - Stinner - Spoon - Speedvagen - Vanilla Classic - Parlee

Strava
Instagram

CustomMetal

by CustomMetal

Nice! Long time in the coming
Allegra- Steel Lugs TBC
Aurelia- Stainless All Road 8.5kg
Bertha- TT 9.8kg
Perdita- Ti Turbo bike 8kg
Serenity- Ti Gravel 9.5kg/8.9kg
Verity- Ti Aero 8.2kg
Alya- Ti Climbing TBC

All weights with pedals,cages & garmin mount

Ypuh

by Ypuh

Cool! I really like that dark red color on the frame, and the 3T crank seems quite cool/unique too.

Enjoy your new bike!
Cervelo S3 - 7.3kg
Time ADHX - 8.7kg

stalkersk

by stalkersk

This is already in bike gallery, but Exploro fork is hollow. So far in my digging Vision Metron 5D ACR and Pro Vibe Evo cockpit will work with just a minor top cap modifications, Vision carbon ACR stem will also work, FSA ACR stem will be the most finnicky to hide everything, since there is least room under the preload cap.

Headset bearing cover here https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005004439377450.html

emotive

by emotive

Very neat solution @stalkersk

Elmersen

by Elmersen

Anyone knows how much the tyre clearance (with 650b) is compromised with a GRX mechanical front derailleur? Could you still fit a 2.0 or 2.1 wide tyre or is that when running 1x only?

Edit: Found the answer here on page 15-16 after rereading the thread, for those interested. Should be fine.

Madhavok

by Madhavok

Mine should be showing up today! But I'm not sure I'll stick with the 2x grx mechanical setup.

Was anyone able to sneak in a 46t 1x ring axs setup? I'm debating between a 46t axs 10-50 eagle setup or 2x Sram axs but I also do not want to compromise the max tire available room.

I already have my Hunt aero wheels for road mode, crit racing and such (but they're only 19 internal). But I guess I'll need a second set of wheels for gravel race mode (at least 24 internal width) but I would love to have 38 WAM at least. Then, I could always go 650b with a faster rolling tire back there with a WAM much higher.

I'm kinda married to SRAM due to partnership I have. I could also just leave the GRX mechanical I guess. But the plan was to strip that groupset, sell it, put SRAM on maybe.

All these bikes are so beautiful!

saverin

by saverin

I have a 44t oval chainring, which is supposedly a 46t at largest diameter and a 42t at smallest, and the chainring was close enough to the frame that I ended up needing to offset my crankset (Quarq carbon/Force 1) ~1mm over to get more clearance. Chainline is a bit extreme when in the 44x36 combo.

Could vary by crankset/BB setup, but I am looking to move to a round 44t or 42t to address the offset. You could do the same and look at something with a 9-46 ratio to get similar to the 46/10-50.

Madhavok

by Madhavok

The grx 810 mechanical isn't all that bad. It's been a while since I've been on Shimano and the levers/hood combo does feel good. Plenty of room on the 46/30 combo and I think if I go the spacer route like you did Saverin, I could make it work. TBD. What a sleek bike this is. pics will come once I have it finished!

kampiakseli

by kampiakseli

very neat solution stalkersk
Did manage route front brake line internaly? Hod you do that?

centaur4608

by centaur4608

Hi all,

Just bought a Exploro Racemax.
Currently in 700c with FFWD Tyro wheels and G-one 40 mm. The inside wide of the rims is 19mm
Measurement of the tyre is 38mm.
Do you think than I can go to the 45mm G-One tyre without problem for the rear wheel ?

tjoerd

by tjoerd

centaur4608 wrote:
Fri Mar 31, 2023 1:42 pm
Hi all,

Just bought a Exploro Racemax.
Currently in 700c with FFWD Tyro wheels and G-one 40 mm. The inside wide of the rims is 19mm
Measurement of the tyre is 38mm.
Do you think than I can go to the 45mm G-One tyre without problem for the rear wheel ?
Hi Centaur,

I'm currently rolling Zipp's G40 XPLR on Zipp 303s wheels. I'm thinking about going slightly smaller tyres, as it's very narrow on days when I ride on muddy trails. Therefore I would not expect the 45 G-One to fit.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

centaur4608

by centaur4608

Hi Tjoerd,

Thx for the reply. I really will consider to buy a 650B wheelset tof be able to ride with bigger volume.