Crux 2021

The spirit of Grav-lo-cross. No but seriously, cyclocross and gravel go here!

Moderator: Moderator Team

Alejogon

by Alejogon

Thanks to all!

I'm gonna give it a try with 46t Rival crankset, and then check if I should downsize it to 44. 48t is a no-go in my region tbh, lots of hard climbs on the north side of the city, and almost flat on the south, so mixing the 46t with a mullet 10-52 on the rear will accomplish what I'm looking for on both I guess.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Pukutis

by Pukutis

Have anyone tried the crux with road wheels? (E. G rapide clx) how it behaves?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CrankAddictsRich

by CrankAddictsRich

Pukutis wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2024 11:02 pm
Have anyone tried the crux with road wheels? (E. G rapide clx) how it behaves?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I have a set of wheels with 32mm road tires that I swap onto my Crux for some winter road rides... it behaves fine. What are you concerend about?

stanvr

by stanvr

I tried my crux the first couple of times with 36mm Challenge Strada's (because I hadnt finished my wheels yet), and now I've got 42 pathfinders which measure 46mm on the rim. I find the bike feeling way way better with the big tires. It feels like a monstertruck roadbike, where as the 36 made the bike feel longer and lower, and the handling wasn't as nice imo (but still not terrible at all). I think if I wanted to have the bike feeling like a road bike more, next time I would try a fast slick that is around 40mm

Alejogon

by Alejogon

Alejogon wrote:
Wed Feb 07, 2024 6:49 pm
I'm almost sure of swapping my Di2 2x for an AXS 1x in my Crux, with a mullet rear groupset (still not sure if 10-50 or 10-52).

In case I want a 46 tooth chainring, should I get the standard DUB or Wide DUB? Is there any chainring limitation with the standard DUB crankset?
Coming back to this, as some of you have said to go Wide Dub if I wanted a 46t chainring, the SRAM RED cranks doesn't have the Wide option, right?

It's just I see some people having their crux on Sram RED 46t, which I guess are standard DUB.

They have also updated Crux compatibilities on their website https://support.specialized.com/crux/en ... ain-brakes, and it is compatible 1x Standard 46t with 'minimal clearance', not sure if I want to go with Rival, or spend more € and go with RED, but I don't want reliability problems in the future.

Two random internet pictures:

rafa

by rafa

As far as I know Red does NOT have a wide version (maybe will for the new version getting released)
Rival and Force both have it.
I currently have Rival Wide with a 46T chainring on my Crux.

req110

by req110

SW SL8 RTP 56cm @ 9270 / CLX II / CS OSPW / CEMA BB
S Epic 8 L @ XX T-Type / Berg Ratheberg 30 / Quarq / Fox Transfer SL 100mm / 3p

FestiveNoodle

by FestiveNoodle

Just ordered the discounted deep lake/green pearl frameset. Planning on building it as all-road setup with the 12s Ultegra and the rest pulled off my old Open UP. Really hope that the 48/32 Praxis Zayante Carbon crankset fit. Also any ideas on what length of the SD300 wire should the 52 frame need?

SpeedyChix

by SpeedyChix

FestiveNoodle wrote:
Wed Feb 21, 2024 4:04 pm
Just ordered the discounted deep lake/green pearl frameset. Planning on building it as all-road setup with the 12s Ultegra and the rest pulled off my old Open UP. Really hope that the 48/32 Praxis Zayante Carbon crankset fit. Also any ideas on what length of the SD300 wire should the 52 frame need?
This is for the Aethos but should be close enough to work from https://support.specialized.com/aethos/ ... le-routing
adrenaline junkie

dtm311

by dtm311

I haven't picked this bike up yet, but am so stoked on how it came out that I wanted to share some pics from the mechanics. I'm so stoked on how it came out, the paint was done by Tyler Marchesano (@tunedbytyler) and he knocked it out of the park. All the blues and purples are iridescent.

The build kit is a mix of old and new parts and kept pretty standard for racing, although I did use an Alpitude chain catcher and titanium cages and bolts to make it worthy of this forum. 😂

These are borrowed wheels for the setup, I'll most likely be using CLX50s with 33mm Challenge Strada Bianca tires (I love them) and Terra CLXs with 40mm G-One R and RS. And I love AXS now that I have a setup on a few different bikes. I can swap between the 2x or 1x road derailleur (10-33 or 10-36), 1x XPLR (10-44) or 1x Eagle (10-52) in 15 minutes or so.

I'll weigh it when I get it, it's a 61cm with a lot of paint so I'm not expecting anything crazy but I'm guessing it'll beat my current Crux and look good doing it.

Matte86

by Matte86

dtm311 wrote:I haven't picked this bike up yet, but am so stoked on how it came out that I wanted to share some pics from the mechanics. I'm so stoked on how it came out, the paint was done by Tyler Marchesano (@tunedbytyler) and he knocked it out of the park. All the blues and purples are iridescent.

The build kit is a mix of old and new parts and kept pretty standard for racing, although I did use an Alpitude chain catcher and titanium cages and bolts to make it worthy of this forum. Image

These are borrowed wheels for the setup, I'll most likely be using CLX50s with 33mm Challenge Strada Bianca tires (I love them) and Terra CLXs with 40mm G-One R and RS. And I love AXS now that I have a setup on a few different bikes. I can swap between the 2x or 1x road derailleur (10-33 or 10-36), 1x XPLR (10-44) or 1x Eagle (10-52) in 15 minutes or so.

I'll weigh it when I get it, it's a 61cm with a lot of paint so I'm not expecting anything crazy but I'm guessing it'll beat my current Crux and look good doing it.

Wonderful!
Great paint scheme!
I’d put tan wall Challenge, but I’m biased

YH0

by YH0

Hey guys,

question for those who hava mount the FD on the Crux: Did you have any issue mounting the backplate as indicated by Specialized? Was the inner tube smooth, making possible to fit the plate straight against the tube wall as showed here?

1swiftvelo

by 1swiftvelo

YH0 wrote:
Sat Feb 24, 2024 2:14 pm
Hey guys,

question for those who hava mount the FD on the Crux: Did you have any issue mounting the backplate as indicated by Specialized? Was the inner tube smooth, making possible to fit the plate straight against the tube wall as showed here?

I ordered a 1x crux pulled parts to have di2 on it. My frame didn't come with a front derailleur mount. I order the one you have pictured. I popped off the rubber grommets and screwed in the mount. I think only S Works uses the full Aethos mount that you posted. I didn't need the backing plate.

NordicSal

by NordicSal

dtm311 wrote:
Sat Feb 24, 2024 1:18 am
I haven't picked this bike up yet, but am so stoked on how it came out that I wanted to share some pics from the mechanics. I'm so stoked on how it came out, the paint was done by Tyler Marchesano (@tunedbytyler) and he knocked it out of the park. All the blues and purples are iridescent.

The build kit is a mix of old and new parts and kept pretty standard for racing, although I did use an Alpitude chain catcher and titanium cages and bolts to make it worthy of this forum. 😂

This is one of the best looking XL/+60cm bikes I've ever seen - super nice!

dtm311

by dtm311

Thank you! I'm 193cm with a long torso so I'm very happy with the longer reach on this generation Crux, only a 120mm stem!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com