Crux 2021

The spirit of Grav-lo-cross. No but seriously, cyclocross and gravel go here!

Moderator: Moderator Team

MartK

by MartK

How about the 2x12 105di2 groupset, is it fit to crux?
The idea would be to replace the current grx groupset with a 105di2 and start using the bike on the road.
Buy some aero road wheels, what is the difference with SL7 model on the road. Is it much slower if both had the same wheels underneath?
At the moment one bike is standing all the time and it's sad to see it just standing there.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

StevieB

by StevieB

zmjones wrote:
Thu Jun 15, 2023 8:28 pm
Insurance Point! Was just there on my Crux last Sunday... :thumbup:

vanitypl

by vanitypl

Has anyone found the terra post to be detrimental when riding with a road setup? I have no personal experience riding any super-compliant gravel seatposts (ergon, cg-r, terra), but I'm potentially interested in building up a Crux as a 50/50 road/gravel bike and wanted to make sure I wouldn't be losing noticeable watts when putting down seated power.
I'd also likely be running 0 offset with ~200mm exposed seatpost which will potentially make the flex less noticeable, but also makes me question if I'd be seeing enough benefit for it to be worth getting over a cheaper, less-compliant option.

rjich

by rjich

The seat post is firm. I didn't really notice any sort of compliance. Far less than the pave model I added to my old s-works sl6 where you could really notice. I was quite disappointed with it tbh from a compliance perspective.

Cuypmeister

by Cuypmeister

My eye felt on the Specialized Crux very recently. They will launch some nice paintjobs end of July (EU market).

https://cyclexperience.nl/webshop/frame ... r-frameset

However, still in doubt to go for the Dusty blue / Ice papaya. The blue is so cool in real life!

What would you guys choose? 2023 colour scheme's, or the 2022.

P.S.: since when is this model of the CruX in the market? I assume - according to this topic title - since 2021? are they expecting to launch a new one soon?

DrimeOser

by DrimeOser

I think the 2024 colors are awesome. Especially the multicolored one. But, at least for my size 52 all other colors are already sold out at Specialized. Some dealers may of course have preordered stock though.
Last week, my dealer looked and there was a single 52 frame of 2023 in the gloss carbon/marble US colorway available for (I think) the whole of Europe. The Crux was released in 2022 as a 2023 model. Many dealers don't stock the Crux as they rather sell the Diverge. So, the Crux is rather rare and more of a niche bike in Specialized's lineup.
So, if you get hold of a frame, don't think twice!

Cuypmeister

by Cuypmeister

DrimeOser wrote:
Mon Jun 19, 2023 10:34 pm
I think the 2024 colors are awesome. Especially the multicolored one. But, at least for my size 52 all other colors are already sold out at Specialized. Some dealers may of course have preordered stock though.
Last week, my dealer looked and there was a single 52 frame of 2023 in the gloss carbon/marble US colorway available for (I think) the whole of Europe. The Crux was released in 2022 as a 2023 model. Many dealers don't stock the Crux as they rather sell the Diverge. So, the Crux is rather rare and more of a niche bike in Specialized's lineup.
So, if you get hold of a frame, don't think twice!
I saw a lot of availability by the way! BikeInn website has the granite color in sale even. The 2024 frames will be send to dealers end of July i have been informed.

But before i can order, i need to be sure about the color haha. This blue keeps on fascinating me, too bad that the papaya color is not so attractive https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=95gdYMVIaVU

love it!

FuelForThought

by FuelForThought

-
Last edited by FuelForThought on Wed Jun 21, 2023 4:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

FuelForThought

by FuelForThought

boots2000 wrote: Question- Did you have to use any of the thin shims that come with it? I ask because it seems to clear and move smoothly with no shims. But I didn't want to get out on the trail and find out otherwise and scratch up the top edge of my headtube.
I do not recall using any of the shims. The top cap cleared the top tube and everything has been working great since the new headset was installed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nick676

by nick676

After what felt like the longest wait ever, finally got my fully bult Crux back from the bike shop. Gave it a quick blast around some local routes this evening and it feels great, despite the position being miles out.

NealH

by NealH

Very nice looking, and you have plenty of time to get yourself fitted on the bike. No need to rush. The bike is a beauty.

bikeaddict314

by bikeaddict314

I'm planning on using my Crux on a wahoo trainer. Anyone have any issues doing this?

imajez

by imajez

Alejogon wrote:
Sun Jan 22, 2023 7:44 pm
Hello everyone, this thread is the main reason I joined this forum, as it is the one where I found the most valuable info about the Crux.
Same here.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

nick676

by nick676

nick676 wrote:
Wed Jun 07, 2023 6:53 pm
Has anyone upgraded to wireless and replaced the downtube cable guide thingy? I can't seem to find a replacement anywhere.

This version for a Tarmac looks like it might work, but has anyone tried it? https://www.certini.co.uk/components/se ... CgQAvD_BwE
Figured this one out for myself... yes it is the same part. I paid a load to get this carbon version shipped over from Germany...