Crux 2021

The spirit of Grav-lo-cross. No but seriously, cyclocross and gravel go here!

Moderator: Moderator Team

polpy

by polpy

AZR3 wrote:
nick676 wrote:
Wed May 24, 2023 4:01 pm
I'm really unsure of BB standards, so is anyone able to confirm what bottom bracket I need to run Easton EC90 SL with a 2022 Crux? Is it just a case of getting the right BB and everything should fit, or will I also need a different spindle or spacers etc?
BSA30 bottom bracket and the Easton's preload adjuster should take up the excess space on the NDS
I do run the easton myself with a Chris King BSA 30mm Axle BB. Works good, no trouble setting up and if i want to switch to a dub crankset i can do that.

nick676

by nick676

Thanks both. So any BSA30 threaded BB should work, I don't have to worry about widths or anything like that?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

getthesand0ut

by getthesand0ut

Hi Guys,
I finally have an all in one setup. I wanted to be able to swap my wheelset without any shifting or disk brake adjustment / tuning. This setup so far seems to be able to do it all from fast group rides to fast gravel.

Gravel wheels are the Roval with S-works pathfinder 42mm.
Road Roval CL with 5000's in 30mm.
Eagle mullet setup with 44T - 10-50.
S-works mirror saddle

GaBa

by GaBa

getthesand0ut wrote:
Thu May 25, 2023 9:29 pm
Hi Guys,
I finally have an all in one setup. I wanted to be able to swap my wheelset without any shifting or disk brake adjustment / tuning. This setup so far seems to be able to do it all from fast group rides to fast gravel.

S-works mirror saddle

Sorry for off-topic but may I ask which bike rack is that? Does it hold bike firmly even at motorway speeds (130km/h)? I am currently using Thule bit have some doubts regarding clamping at the top tube. I can clamp the first bike at the seat tube, but the second is much more difficult and the third virtually impossible.

getthesand0ut

by getthesand0ut

GaBa wrote:
Sun May 28, 2023 5:36 am
getthesand0ut wrote:
Thu May 25, 2023 9:29 pm
Hi Guys,

S-works mirror saddle

Sorry for off-topic but may I ask which bike rack is that? Does it hold bike firmly even at motorway speeds (130km/h)? I am currently using Thule bit have some doubts regarding clamping at the top tube. I can clamp the first bike at the seat tube, but the second is much more difficult and the third virtually impossible.
Below is the link. A bit pricy but so are our bikes. This rack is absolutely bullet proof. Completely worth it.
https://1up-usa.com/product/equip-d-double

ComeKnowMeAsGC

by ComeKnowMeAsGC

^ Can confirm. Friend has a '1 up' and they're creme de la creme.

GaBa

by GaBa

Yeah, but seems they are USA only, at least I wasn't able to find shipping to Europe. But I saw just the other day that Thule has a new model (Epos) that enables clamping at (one) wheel instead of the frame.

justkeepridin

by justkeepridin

tonytourist wrote:
Wed Apr 05, 2023 10:09 pm
I have the 25mm offset as shown here:
I've never used the Roval posts but I run bigger tires at relatively low pressures so maybe that's why I don't find it to be harsh.
very good looking bike! how much was the total build on this? and what is the tyre size?

tonytourist

by tonytourist

Not sure on total, I had some parts from another bike.
Tires shown are 650x48 Rene Herse Juniper Ridge and 700x45 Schwalbe G One RS. Currently on 700x44 Tufo Speederos.

renoracing

by renoracing

Swapped a few things around recently... Pulled the EC90 P2Max setup off, and put on a 50/34 4iii R8000, with an 11-36 out back. Really enjoying this more "road" feeling gearing, even on the steep pitches around here in the Sierras. These 45mm Terra Speeds are phenomenal. I was a fan of the 40mm, but these 45's feel faster, and with a few psi lower pressure, are noticably more comfortable and traction seems greatly imporoved.

7.21kg

boots2000

by boots2000

Does anyone make a high quality aftermarket headset for these bikes? The included headset is junk. Seems to be always a touch loose or tight.

FuelForThought

by FuelForThought

boots2000 wrote:
Mon Jun 05, 2023 4:51 pm
Does anyone make a high quality aftermarket headset for these bikes? The included headset is junk. Seems to be always a touch loose or tight.
I agree, the headset on the Crux is a joke. Plastic top cap cracked and lower bearing rusted on mine.

Wolftooth makes a perfect replacement for the top with Enduro bearings. Make sure to get the 7mm IS top cap. The 'Specialized IS top cap' is for MTB and does not fit the Crux. https://www.wolftoothcomponents.com/col ... d-standard

For the bottom, I had to order directly from Enduro: https://cycling.endurobearings.com/coll ... -405495-ss#

I have been running it through a rather moist California winter. Still good.

nick676

by nick676

Has anyone upgraded to wireless and replaced the downtube cable guide thingy? I can't seem to find a replacement anywhere.

This version for a Tarmac looks like it might work, but has anyone tried it? https://www.certini.co.uk/components/se ... CgQAvD_BwE

boots2000

by boots2000

I got a Wolftooth upper (my lower is still good).
Thanks for the tip.
When I removed the old top I discovered that the compression ring on the Crux headset was pastic and the topcap was a sandwich of junky pieces and a rubber seal. Total crap!
Question- Did you have to use any of the thin shims that come with it? I ask because it seems to clear and move smoothly with no shims. But I didn't want to get out on the trail and find out otherwise and scratch up the top edge of my headtube.

FuelForThought wrote:
Mon Jun 05, 2023 7:48 pm
boots2000 wrote:
I agree, the headset on the Crux is a joke. Plastic top cap cracked and lower bearing rusted on mine.

Wolftooth makes a perfect replacement for the top with Enduro bearings. Make sure to get the 7mm IS top cap. The 'Specialized IS top cap' is for MTB and does not fit the Crux. https://www.wolftoothcomponents.com/col ... d-standard

For the bottom, I had to order directly from Enduro: https://cycling.endurobearings.com/coll ... -405495-ss#

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

SpeedyChix

by SpeedyChix

FuelForThought wrote:
Mon Jun 05, 2023 7:48 pm
boots2000 wrote:

thanks!
adrenaline junkie