Favero Assioma with Xpedo CXR Pedals

The spirit of Grav-lo-cross. No but seriously, cyclocross and gravel go here!

Moderator: Moderator Team

bobrayner

by bobrayner

That xpedo pedal looks very similar to the Ritchey Micro Road pedal which I tried to assiomaise, but failed, because it had oldfashioned loose ball bearings (and different spindle dimensions).

Is this xpedo pedal based on the old Ritchey design? Or completely different?

A single-sided pedal for 2-bolt SPD cleats could be a great weight-weenie option for gravel riders!
Sent from my computer using an internet browser.

bratz

by bratz

No idea. Can't remove the cap. Probably buy the compatible xpedo pedal once i get the PM. I use this for roadbike so dont really need double sided.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Yoln

by Yoln

Can the Xpedo Force8 be assiomiased?
Litespeed Gravel Ultimate : https://tinyurl.com/zvxxy8zk
Wilier “Cento Ramato“ : https://tinyurl.com/29vs8vre
#RETIRED# Lynskey “the Do-it-all Helix” 🧬:https://tinyurl.com/bdmb5y24

nowtaps

by nowtaps

Yes. I used M-Force 8 CR body on mine, works perfectly.

Confirmed all is ok by Favero when I emailed them since I thought my L/R values looked a bit odd and they replied:
I checked as the first thing the status of your Assioma DUO remotely - when a new ticket is submitted and the sensors are connected to the app Favero Assioma we are able to check some internal parameters of the sensors - and on the occasion of the last connection I can see that all the internal values were correct on both pedals.

hwyix

by hwyix

Is there a good flat pedal that work with the Assimoa spindle? My knees not happy being clipped in after my motrocycle accident.

I saw the great post @SpeedyChix that showed a few combo clipped in / flat on the other side pedals. The flat side of those pedals are never very good. The flat side of those pedals just meant to putz around on.

SpeedyChix

by SpeedyChix

hwyix wrote:
Mon Oct 03, 2022 6:08 pm
Is there a good flat pedal that work with the Assimoa spindle? My knees not happy being clipped in after my motrocycle accident.

I saw the great post @SpeedyChix that showed a few combo clipped in / flat on the other side pedals. The flat side of those pedals are never very good. The flat side of those pedals just meant to putz around on.
Have continued to look for true flat options to convert on either orginal or Shi versions. No luck yet. SRM is only one that I'm aware of and they are $$$.
adrenaline junkie

hwyix

by hwyix

SpeedyChix wrote:
Tue Oct 04, 2022 2:53 am
hwyix wrote:
Mon Oct 03, 2022 6:08 pm

Have continued to look for true flat options to convert on either orginal or Shi versions. No luck yet. SRM is only one that I'm aware of and they are $$$.
yeah those are crazy expensive like $1500.

I don't like how these are only flat on one side
Shimano EH500 SPD Sport Road Pedals
https://www.rei.com/product/145394/shim ... lsrc=aw.ds

Also I don't like that side that is flat is not as good as regular flat pedals.

Steve Curtis
Location: Hampshire UK, Dublin Ireland and Geneva Switzerland.

by Steve Curtis

bobrayner wrote:
Wed Nov 03, 2021 1:05 am
That xpedo pedal looks very similar to the Ritchey Micro Road pedal which I tried to assiomaise, but failed, because it had oldfashioned loose ball bearings (and different spindle dimensions).

Is this xpedo pedal based on the old Ritchey design? Or completely different?

A single-sided pedal for 2-bolt SPD cleats could be a great weight-weenie option for gravel riders!
The ritchey and the xpedo are very different when you get them together.
I have both and haven't measured them but at a guess, the xpedo is probably 4-5mm thicker ( or more stack )
I can't get the end cap off to see how the axle looks

hwyix

by hwyix

@SpeedyChix

I saw on another forum you where able to convert Shimano EH500 SPD Sport Road Pedals. Anything special to convert ? I see the spindle is a different part number from the recommend list.

How is that flat side ( non clipless )? go for any serious rides on the flatside? I am so tempted to do this conversion.

SpeedyChix

by SpeedyChix

hwyix wrote:
Wed Oct 12, 2022 1:01 am
@SpeedyChix

I saw on another forum you where able to convert Shimano EH500 SPD Sport Road Pedals. Anything special to convert ? I see the spindle is a different part number from the recommend list.

How is that flat side ( non clipless )? go for any serious rides on the flatside? I am so tempted to do this conversion.
You'd want the pins in it for true flat use. I was using them in the winter and the non-clip side gave me an option when the SPD was iced up/packed with snow. They work as flats but not like true high end flat pedals. Haven't found any flats that can adapt yet. Conversion is super easy. There are some of the older mtb pedals that work. None of the new ones do.

adrenaline junkie

hwyix

by hwyix

@SpeedyChix thanks

Since you said the peals work with Assioma pedals I went ahead and bought just pedals. I will see if the are good enough for me.

racingtiger

by racingtiger

I have the Favero bePRO pedals, will these modifications work with them?
NOW WITH MORE FLAVOR THAN KOOL-AID!

I'm 129 lbs! How's that for light!

k33z

by k33z

Probably not telling something new here, but converted a set of Assiomas with Bontrager comp pedals for my Ridley Kanzo Fast (crank powermeter a does not fit). Works like a charm, did not even have to modify my Giro shoes.

robbosmans

by robbosmans

k33z wrote:Probably not telling something new here, but converted a set of Assiomas with Bontrager comp pedals for my Ridley Kanzo Fast (crank powermeter a does not fit). Works like a charm, did not even have to modify my Giro shoes.
Question: does the Q factor stay the same? So I can just swap 1 pedal from my mtb to my gravel bike.

k33z

by k33z

Yes, I did not see a big difference (if any) with the standard bontrager pedal. I am also using the standard Bontrager pedal at the right side.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com