Cervelo Áspero Gravel bike

The spirit of Grav-lo-cross. No but seriously, cyclocross and gravel go here!

Moderator: Moderator Team

CamW

by CamW

Here's my Aspero. I'm really enjoying it, both for gravel adventures and my CX race bike. Maaaaaybe some carbon wheels in the future.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

lulo42

by lulo42

New (to me) Bike Day.

I went to the Aspero from a Cannondale Topstone. It was more comfortable but the AI offset and a few other things pissed me off big time. So far the Aspero feels increadibly fast and responsive, i feel a lot safer riding sketchy stuff, the bike seems to execute what i do more precise. I have a pair of farsports wheels coming in that will make it a lot lighter. And the color is amazing when sunlight hits it.

wheelie

by wheelie

I wonder if someone tried to make regular Aspero "with no cables" (using wireless groupset and Aspero 5 handlebar & stem)
Is it technically possible?
Last edited by wheelie on Fri Apr 01, 2022 12:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2020 Cervelo Aspero Apex 1 Mid Olive/Dune ----> Burgundy/Dark Orange
2022 Scott Addict RC10

wheelie

by wheelie

FYI, Aspero frame MY 2020 Size 58 1210 grams
Last edited by wheelie on Mon Apr 04, 2022 7:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2022 Scott Addict RC10

gSporco

by gSporco

wheelie wrote:
Wed Mar 30, 2022 11:20 pm
I wonder if someone tried to make regular Aspero "with no cables" (using wireless groupset and Aspero 5 handlebar & stem)
Is it technically possible?
Both Asperos are identical minus the fork/ headset assembly.. Its not possible to internally route the brake hose without modifications that may compromise the integrity of the frame and fork
@gSporco - Instagram
Specialized Aethos
State All Road 6061
Retired Cervelo Aspero

wheelie

by wheelie

So, yeah, the Aspero-5 fork is different, it is flat on the one side to fit the cables and hydraulic brake hoses
https://bikerumor.com/all-new-cervelo-a ... rodynamic/
The question is - will Aspero 5 fork fit regular Aspero frame, can it be ordered separately, and the price?
You need to use Aspero 5 Cervelo ST32 stem & Cervelo AB09 flared handlebar as well.
2022 Scott Addict RC10

IrrelevantD

by IrrelevantD

wheelie wrote:
Wed Apr 06, 2022 4:09 pm
So, yeah, the Aspero-5 fork is different, it is flat on the one side to fit the cables and hydraulic brake hoses
https://bikerumor.com/all-new-cervelo-a ... rodynamic/
The question is - will Aspero 5 fork fit regular Aspero frame, can it be ordered separately, and the price?
You need to use Aspero 5 Cervelo ST32 stem & Cervelo AB09 flared handlebar as well.
You could probably get the fork to fit on a normal Aspero as it's still a 1-1/8" steerer, but the 5 has a larger top headset bearing and split ring top cover to allow the cables to be routed through. You might be able to fit one hydraulic hose in the space available with a standard sized bearing, but you won't be able to fit both of them. As front brake MUST be routed through the fork as the hose enters the fork through the steerer tube inside the headtube, you'd need to run the rear brake hose through the downtube.

Page 11 is probably the best reference for this.

https://www.cervelo.com/media/gene-cms/ ... .1_web.pdf
* There is a 70% chance that what you have just read has a peppering of cynicism or sarcasm and generally should not be taken seriously.
I'll leave it up to you to figure out the other 30%. If you are in any way offended, that's on you.

we51

by we51

Is there an expectation for new Aspero 5 colors this year (MY2023)? Would be cool to see the Iron Oxide colorway from the S5. Thanks.

itapersita

by itapersita

Have you guys removed the down tube plastic cover or have you left it were it was? I wonder if we can shave some grams remove it

bmCube

by bmCube

I removed it and replaced it with a lizard skins carbon leather downtube protector, cut to size. went from 40 grams cervélo to 16 grams lizard skins.

itapersita

by itapersita

bmCube wrote:
Mon Apr 25, 2022 8:30 am
I removed it and replaced it with a lizard skins carbon leather downtube protector, cut to size. went from 40 grams cervélo to 16 grams lizard skins.

good to know, thanks. i was afraid to remove it because it's glued to the frame

bmCube

by bmCube

yes, only with double sided tape. It came off pretty easy

steamroller

by steamroller

Hey peeps,
Thinking about getting some 650b wheels for my Aspero to make it more capable for steeper sections and singletrack riding. Looking at getting a set of LB WR35s on Carbon-Ti hubs. The rims are 25mm internal width and I would like to fit some Schwalbe G-One Bite 50mm. I think the frame is rated to take 49mm tires on a 650b rim but seems like others have been able to fit a 50mm (not sure what the WAM would come out as with that combo). Any advice or alternatives I should consider? I like the LB wheels and already have a set of WR50s that I run with 32mm GK slicks which have been superb for rough road riding.
Ride on!

wheelie

by wheelie

Hi all!
Is this bottom bracket correct for the Aspero with Apex 1 crank? https://wheelsmfg.com/bottom-brackets/b ... black.html

Thanks!
2022 Scott Addict RC10

wheelie

by wheelie

FYI, frame Aspero MY 2020, size 56, 1180 gr. without fork
2022 Scott Addict RC10

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com