Cervelo Áspero Gravel bike

The spirit of Grav-lo-cross. No but seriously, cyclocross and gravel go here!

Moderator: Moderator Team

EsotericCyclist

by EsotericCyclist

Anyone have their hands on the new Rose Champagne frame color yet? How's it looking in real life? I have only seen online photos and they all look different. It looks like it's a matte Rose color.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

mb2243

by mb2243

Any news on an updated Aspero model coming out this year? It has been almost five years since initial launch

wheelie

by wheelie

Hi all!
Is this BB correct to fit regular Sram Force DUB crankset to Aspero 2020 ? Want to fit stock Force crank from Addict rc10 2022
https://wheelsmfg.com/bottom-brackets/b ... black.html

Edit. It's correct
2020 Cervelo Aspero Apex 1 Mid Olive/Dune ----> Burgundy/Dark Orange
2022 Scott Addict RC10

Tavinski

by Tavinski

Curious if anyone has tried using the flip chip system while running 700c x 28mm tires to shorten the trail?

I love my Aspero and I have been using it as my N+1 bike. However, using the bike for more aggressive group rides and racing does sometimes feel a bit sluggish due to the extremely long wheelbase of the bike. I am wondering if anyone has tried putting it in the shorter position with 700c x 28mm tires to give it a snappier handling/feel. I realize it would be tedious to switch it on a regular basis and that it is meant for 650b wheels but curious if anyone has tried it.

gravelero

by gravelero

sorry, but, do you think if is it a good buying today a aspero 5 with sram force xplr?

jayjay

by jayjay

gravelero wrote:
Sun Jul 02, 2023 2:09 pm
sorry, but, do you think if is it a good buying today a aspero 5 with sram force xplr?
Why wouldn't it be?

req110

by req110

Aspero, Crux and Aspero 5 are one of few gravel bikes I would build if I have to build a gravel bike.

Force AXS XPLR would be my gruppo of choice, maybe Rival levers, rival mech, force xplr cassette, red cranks.

Previous gravel bike I had was factor ls @ zipp 303s / tufo grindero or continental terra speed & red cranks with quarq, force axs rear mech with garbaruk cage, force xplr cassette, force hoods, farsports f1 cockpit... AND IT WAS absolutely good bike, no need for upgrades.
SW SL8 RTP 56cm @ 9270 / CLX II / CS OSPW / CEMA BB
S Epic 8 L @ XX T-Type / Berg Ratheberg 30 / Quarq / Fox Transfer SL 100mm / 3p

gravelero

by gravelero

jayjay wrote:
Mon Jul 03, 2023 7:33 am
gravelero wrote:
Why wouldn't it be?
im thinking about factor ostro gravel, too. what do you think? ostro gravel or aspero 5? sorry about my english im learning it

skinnybex

by skinnybex

gravelero wrote:
Yes, It's one of the top gravel bikes available and if racing and okay with 42mm Max tires. I just bought a 2nd Aspero to add to my 1st one and they are complete weapons on the dirt. Yet to ride my Aspero 5 but I picked up a complete build with Force AXS and Reserve 40/44 wheels for $6200. You can check out my Strava and Instagram for some ride info and pictures. I run 40mm tires and have raced 5-6 events this year usually winning my Age category and doing well in the overall. My builds are around 8kg-8.3kg with an aggressive front end setup. Not the most comfortable setup but I'd rather ride fast.
Chance Bex for the info and you can PM me if you have questions about the bike.
23’ Cervelo Soloist / 6.88kg - 1x Crit Bike
22' Cervelo R5 / 6.35kg - Climbing Bike
22' Cervelo Caledonia 5 / 7.55kg - Travel Bike
21' Cervelo Aspero / 8.06kg - Gravel Travel Bike
23' Cervelo Aspero 5 / 8.25kg - Gravel Race Bike

gravelero

by gravelero

skinnybex wrote:
Tue Jul 04, 2023 12:34 am
gravelero wrote:
Yes, It's one of the top gravel bikes available and if racing and okay with 42mm Max tires. I just bought a 2nd Aspero to add to my 1st one and they are complete weapons on the dirt. Yet to ride my Aspero 5 but I picked up a complete build with Force AXS and Reserve 40/44 wheels for $6200. You can check out my Strava and Instagram for some ride info and pictures. I run 40mm tires and have raced 5-6 events this year usually winning my Age category and doing well in the overall. My builds are around 8kg-8.3kg with an aggressive front end setup. Not the most comfortable setup but I'd rather ride fast.
Chance Bex for the info and you can PM me if you have questions about the bike.
thanks por answer me. can you writte your instagram and strava?

jayjay

by jayjay

gravelero wrote:
Mon Jul 03, 2023 6:26 pm
jayjay wrote:
Mon Jul 03, 2023 7:33 am
gravelero wrote:
Why wouldn't it be?
im thinking about factor ostro gravel, too. what do you think? ostro gravel or aspero 5? sorry about my english im learning it
Not sure if there is a "better" one, but both are good bikes

gravelero

by gravelero

thanks for ansnswering me

forklifter

by forklifter

I am about to buy a gravel bike and need a sizing advice.

Currently I am on a Cannondale SSE4 size 54 on road and totally love it.

In comparison it seems the 56 Aspero is more like 54 SSE4. On 54 Aspero I would need a lot of spacer and longer stem than Cervelo build it.

I am 180cm with 90cm inseam (long legs)

Am I missing something?
Here is the comparison:
https://ibb.co/b6Hgdyy
https://ibb.co/xhmxn7T
https://ibb.co/dWVNrwz
https://ibb.co/nDJ2ZxD

realbriguy

by realbriguy

Tavinski wrote:
Fri Jun 23, 2023 6:19 am
Curious if anyone has tried using the flip chip system while running 700c x 28mm tires to shorten the trail?

I love my Aspero and I have been using it as my N+1 bike. However, using the bike for more aggressive group rides and racing does sometimes feel a bit sluggish due to the extremely long wheelbase of the bike. I am wondering if anyone has tried putting it in the shorter position with 700c x 28mm tires to give it a snappier handling/feel. I realize it would be tedious to switch it on a regular basis and that it is meant for 650b wheels but curious if anyone has tried it.
You've got it reversed, mate.

Flipping the chip into the rearward position increases the trail, thus, making the handling a bit less twitchy but more stable.

Note that as the tire's contact patch moves behind the rake of the fork, the trail increases and stability of the wheel increases, much like how a grocery store trolley wheel operates. It will get more sluggish as the trail increases.

If you want to keep it nimble and twitchy, then keep the Flip Chip in the forward position.

I personally prefer to run the Flip Chip rearward for greater stability with my 650bx45mm and 700Cx28mm wheels. Makes hands-free riding far easier on long rides for feeding or doing other stuff with both hands.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

PaulH

by PaulH

I have just collected an Aspero with Apex 1 , I want to fit a powermeter but it seems I need to change the bottom bracket and crank , I can’t find the information I need as it seems the cervelo has a strange offset. Do I need an extra wide Dub Rival crank with power if so which bottom bracket would work (the Apex is 11 speed if that matters ?Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk