2006 pro equipment

The spirit of Grav-lo-cross. No but seriously, cyclocross and gravel go here!

Moderator: Moderator Team

C a s r a n
WW of the Year 2005

by C a s r a n

The last days of 2005 and some cyclocross pro's are yet riding with their new 2006 equipment.

I might have told earlier that Sven Nys (and Vanthourenhout) isn't riding a Cinelli stem at all; the logo on the stem is in a tape and his mechanic wouldn't tell me the real brand. This is a picture I took of it some months ago:

(btw: yesterday he won on his favorite bike: the one with the gold braking cabble guide)

But suddenly yesterday he didn't feel like hiding it any more: apperently Nys is riding Pro Pilot stem and bars though in a black version, where as Fidea is riding silver ones (remark he still has the Cinelli headcap). Pro will be an equipment sponsor of Rabobank team (road and cyclocross) in 2006. Not so good visible on the picture here, but there was a larger pic in todays newspaper.

A e o l u s

by A e o l u s

I like the style and shape of the PRO bar and stem, I wounder if will be relesed to the cycling public?

The colnagos - wow!, the only thing(s) I'm not so keen on are, on one of the bikes, the alloy seatpin.
And also I think the white edged Dugasts look much better than the brown edged Dugasts (if there dugasts)

Good pictures C a s r a n

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Boonen

by Boonen

premiumjack wrote:I like the style and shape of the PRO bar and stem, I wounder if will be relesed to the cycling public?

I have a pair of these. The stem isn't super light weight but still reasonable and it feels stiff. I have the anatomic bars, their shape suites me very well combined with campa levers, but they also weigh quite a lot. IMO it's a nice and fairly good looking combination for the money.

C a s r a n
WW of the Year 2005

by C a s r a n

Boonen wrote:
premiumjack wrote:I like the style and shape of the PRO bar and stem, I wounder if will be relesed to the cycling public?

I have a pair of these. The stem isn't super light weight but still reasonable and it feels stiff. I have the anatomic bars, their shape suites me very well combined with campa levers, but they also weigh quite a lot. IMO it's a nice and fairly good looking combination for the money.

Exactly my thoughts about them: good products for the money!

Are they available in black yet (like Nys is riding them), Boonen?
Normally they are fairly recognisable because the Pro stems and bars are silver coloured.

(Stybar -left- is riding an older version, not the Pilot serie)

source pictures: http://www.fideacyclingteam.be/

Müsing

by Müsing

I like the pro-stuff very much. saw them at the Koppenberg-Cross. They are sold in Germany as well.

Btw. does Wellens ride his crossbike all year long or does he have "normal" roadbike as well?

C a s r a n
WW of the Year 2005

by C a s r a n

Müsing wrote:Btw. does Wellens ride his crossbike all year long or does he have "normal" roadbike as well?

Yes he has, for roadraces in summer.

He won the first stage of the Tour de Liège; Nys became Belgian champion MTB on that very same day. :D

http://www.cyclo-cross.info/index.php?selectie=news&taal=en&deel=2&artikelid=1525&referrer=news&referrerparms=beginid%3D60

Boonen

by Boonen

C a s r a n wrote:Are they available in black yet (like Nys is riding them), Boonen?

Yes, I was one of the first to have one of these somewhere last winter/spring. Here is a picture of them. Stem weighs 136 gr. with steel bolts in 120mm and bars are 273 gr. in 42cc and oversized. Not light but they feel stiff to me and as said I like the bend of the bars.
Attachments
Pro Pilot stem+bar.jpg

Müsing

by Müsing

Boonen wrote:... and as said I like the bend of the bars.

witch bars do you use? the round one?

Boonen

by Boonen

Müsing wrote:witch bars do you use? the round one?

No, I use the anatomic version. Combined with campa levers I like these better. The top of the bar is horizontal and the end points a bit down in the direction of the rear hub.
Attachments
bars-from-the-side.jpg

Boogie

by Boogie

Does that guys train in their raceoutfit(aero) or is it just for the pics?

Brandhout

by Brandhout

Off Gerben de Knegt's homepage:

http://www.gerbendeknegt.nl/photos/view ... php?cid=93

His new Colnago cx-bike he get's to ride as of now, since he swiched Bejan- AA drink for Rabo. Appearently he is the first teammember to use these frame's.

Müsing

by Müsing

great looking colnago. what fork is in the frame? is it a python?

Brandhout

by Brandhout

yes, it is. It ain't as good looking as in the ridleys though, because the headset isn't integrated you see a "rim" on top off the crown, which isn't painted. (The bikes where build up at my LBS, who's also Gerbens mechanic, my brother checked them out there).

Boonen

by Boonen

Brandhout wrote: Appearently he is the first teammember to use these frame's.

AFAIK the frame's didn't change, it's only the coloursceme that's different.

Boogie

by Boogie

Is it the full carbon c50? It doesn't look liked that

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com