Brake installation

The spirit of Grav-lo-cross. No but seriously, cyclocross and gravel go here!

Moderator: Moderator Team

Mads Kock

by Mads Kock

I'm about to installation my Froglegs brakes but I can't find that cable between the brake-arms!

Does it needs to be a special cable or does anyone has a speciel trick to fit a normal cable??

Thanks!

Müsing

by Müsing

you can use a normal break-cable or a shift-cable

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Mads Kock

by Mads Kock

Hello Müsing - it just seems like there has to be cable-endplug on both sides of the cable?

Müsing

by Müsing

there are two silver "things" missing. just have a look at the picture. you need them to hold the cable.

http://si6.mtb-news.de/fotos/data/9660/ ... remsen.jpg

Mads Kock

by Mads Kock

arh - DAMN DAMN DAMN! I might have lost these silver parts!!!!

But thanks alot for the help - at least I know what I need!

simon
Resident Pro

by simon

in the pic of xtc-max's brakes you see those two silver "things". as cables i usually use old shift cables(recycling...)

Mads Kock

by Mads Kock

Hello Simon,

Do you have any idea where to get those silver things? Check out my crosswind-bike - starting to look like something really nice hehe!

simon
Resident Pro

by simon

ask xtc-max to make some for you(when i understand what he explained, he even made those ones himself) 8)
i must look if i can find some in my bike room, think there are some left.
you could also contact ridley to send you some extra ones. when braking hard, the cable can slip through the screw in one of the "things", so you lose it. this happened to a friend twice this season, i'll ask him where he has his spare ones from.
the bike looks very nice, i like this colour very much. would be my favourite if i had to buy one with serial paint.
have you had a lot of paint in the bb thread? mine were terrible, i recieved them without any finishing and had to search a dealer on sunday night because i had to build the bike to train on monday morning...but he knows me and my special problems and questions, so he took it easy.

Mads Kock

by Mads Kock

No - I could actually screw the BB in with my hands! Ofcourse I had to use the tool to tighten it but it was good!

I was a bit nervous - I actually wanted the black one but thinking alot about it I choose the silver/black/white because I thought the black would be too boring. The colors are very bright so I'm glad made this decision!

If you find out where to get those things please let me know - thanks! And I will try and ask XTC-max!

Boonen

by Boonen

simon wrote:have you had a lot of paint in the bb thread? mine were terrible, i recieved them without any finishing and had to search a dealer on sunday night because i had to build the bike to train on monday morning...but he knows me and my special problems and questions, so he took it easy.

That's too bad Simon, but maybe it's because you got that awesome custom paint? All Ridleys usually come with cut bb area which is very nice when you have to assemble a couple of them at once.

Mads Kock wrote:I thought the black would be too boring.

Thanks for that Mads :wink:

Mads Kock

by Mads Kock

your bike has the WC stripes - the black crosswind doesn't! BIG DIFFERENCE :D

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com