Stan´s and crosstires....??????

The spirit of Grav-lo-cross. No but seriously, cyclocross and gravel go here!

Moderator: Moderator Team

koser

by koser

hey everyone..... i was wondering if any of you hardcore Cyclo cross boys ever tried using Stan´s latex in your tires.... instead of tubes!

I know that tubolours are the best, but all that gluing and stuff.... hates it - so i thould that Stan´s latex might do the trick... anu experience
In the movie "The Matrix", Chuck Norris is the Matrix. If you pay close attention in the green "falling code" scenes, you can make out the faint texture of his beard.

Mads Kock

by Mads Kock

Stans is not so good with high pressure - I think that 50-60 psi is maximum! Depending on the tire pressure it could maybe be a solution!

Off Topic: Do you have a nice and light 30.9mm seatpost? I needs something for my vinterbike!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

elmar schrauth
Shop Owner

by elmar schrauth

it works om cyclo-cros
elmar

koser

by koser

I´m thinking of riding no more than 60psi on the crossbike..... need the grib in the forrest and on grass.....

ps.... I do have a light nice Easton EC90 zero 400mm 30.9 in my closset... but i´m saving it for my Carbon Epic when it arrives
In the movie "The Matrix", Chuck Norris is the Matrix. If you pay close attention in the green "falling code" scenes, you can make out the faint texture of his beard.

koser

by koser

elmar schrauth wrote:it works om cyclo-cros
elmar

what do uoy use instead of the rubberband that comes with stan´s... it´s to wide for DT 1.1 rims.....

any ideas

Knut

by Knut

Fiber reinforced strapping tape (3M branded) or the yellow stuff from Stan.

Mads Kock

by Mads Kock

koser wrote:ps.... I do have a light nice Easton EC90 zero 400mm 30.9 in my closset... but i´m saving it for my Carbon Epic when it arrives

SHOWOFF :roll:

what's the weight of your ec90 post?

btw - how's that banktransfer going? hehe!

koser

by koser

it weights 189 in 400mm.... so i think that is really nice... i like it light but not über light... :D

the bank transfer is done... just now - ups

thanks for the info Knut....... will try an find sone tape!

bikemesenger
Shop Owner

by bikemesenger

A customer of mine is Stans sealent on a pair of cross wheels that I built for him using the Stans ZTR 700c rim. He has used pressure as high as 65psi with no problems so far.

indytrekracer

by indytrekracer

I am running stans on my cross wheels. I am using Kenda Kross Supreme tires and stan's rim strips (hint: Stan makes CX rim strips, but doesn't advertize them. call or email them to get them). The max psi they recommend is 45 psi. I am very happy with the tires at 45 psi.

The lower psi smooths out the grass sections of cross races and makes riding the cross bike on single track more comfortable.

koser

by koser

woaw... that sounds great - thank´s alot for all the info!

:D :D :D

520 Dan

by 520 Dan

yeah, there are a few US CX pros (for what that is worth) that run this set up. Most notable is Mary McConelogh (sorry for the misspelling) who runs AM classic wheels and stans. There is a profile of her Seven Tsunami over on Cyclingnews.com

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com