6,4 kg

The spirit of Grav-lo-cross. No but seriously, cyclocross and gravel go here!

Moderator: Moderator Team

roamer

by roamer

The german bike company "NOX" offers a bike called "World Championship-Edition" The weight is given with 6.4 kgs.
NOX is the official sponsor of the german "Toyota-Motor Company" CycloCross team with Birgit Hollmann (4. Pijnacker /WC).

http://www.noxcycles.com/frame_news.htm
Unfortunately there is only a German homepage.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Mads Kock

by Mads Kock

Must be without several things - doesn't looks like a really light build. After I started to calculate on my cross-bike I have realised that getting a bike under 7,5 kg really takes an effort!

roamer

by roamer

Mads Kock wrote:Must be without several things -

at least without pedals and handle bar tape ;-)

520 Dan

by 520 Dan

well, if you want to split hairs, the seatpost is heavy and so is the seat, so you can save 100gm there.

bike bling

by bike bling

What kind of tires are those.
Are these the ultra-lite white dugasts that i've been hearing about?

520 Dan

by 520 Dan

is it just me or is there a spoke magnet on those LWs?

C a s r a n
WW of the Year 2005

by C a s r a n

520 Dan wrote:is it just me or is there a spoke magnet on those LWs?

Yes.

The front LW is an older version (though this versio allready had a magnet in the rim).

elmar schrauth
Shop Owner

by elmar schrauth

its more 7,4 than 6,4
elmar
heavy seatpost,saddle quicjk-release,brakes,crankset, stem
elmar

Timo

by Timo

Mit diesem Bike wird das Team Toyota/Nox bei der Cross-Weltmeisterschaft an den Start gehen. Atemberaubende 6,4kg bringt unser Crossfire WM Edition auf die Waage. Der Vollcarbon Rahmen ist nicht nur wunderschön, sondern auch extremsteif und superleicht. Eine Rennmaschine für Profis.

Eine Rennmaschine für Profis??? They talk like there exists no UCI weight limit :roll:

roamer

by roamer

Hi Timo,

have look to the picture again, the bike hasn't got pedals at least :wink:
(Birgit is using Time Attac).

Weight of the NOX frame 1268gr (RH56), but already sold out.

Timo

by Timo

Oooooow, the 6,4 kg is without pedals and bar tape 8)

Thanks Roamer!

Boonen

by Boonen

C a s r a n wrote:The front LW is an older version (though this versio allready had a magnet in the rim).

C a s r a n, I know you can see it is an older version of LW wheels by the valvehole, but can you tell me how you can see these also have a magnet in the front wheel? Is there a cosmetic difference between the versions with and withouth the spokemagnet? (not the red sticker on the rim)
Thanks

C a s r a n
WW of the Year 2005

by C a s r a n

Boonen wrote:
C a s r a n wrote:The front LW is an older version (though this versio allready had a magnet in the rim).

C a s r a n, I know you can see it is an older version of LW wheels by the valvehole, but can you tell me how you can see these also have a magnet in the front wheel? Is there a cosmetic difference between the versions with and withouth the spokemagnet? (not the red sticker on the rim)
Thanks

Well, there's no cosmetic difference, but as far I am informed, they started integrating magnets in the rim very early! A friend of me has the original LW set Ullrich rode in 1997 and 1998, and he was very surprised last Octobre to hear this allready had a rim magnet (while he was using a spoke magnet). :D Versions with the old valvehole mostly have this magnet allready.

http://www.carbofibretec.de/Fotogalerie ... G_5000.jpg

520 Dan

by 520 Dan

Here is the problem I have with the laminated magnet. I have a pair of LWs, and a pair of zipps and a pair of Ksyriums. Before I got the LWs, it was pretty easy to sync up the magnet location of the Ks and the Zipps, for wheel changes, but with the LWs magnet being so high up on the wheel, this is almost impossible with the zipps. Does anyone else have this problem?

C a s r a n
WW of the Year 2005

by C a s r a n

520 Dan wrote:Here is the problem I have with the laminated magnet. I have a pair of LWs, and a pair of zipps and a pair of Ksyriums. Before I got the LWs, it was pretty easy to sync up the magnet location of the Ks and the Zipps, for wheel changes, but with the LWs magnet being so high up on the wheel, this is almost impossible with the zipps. Does anyone else have this problem?

520 Dan, I've been thinking about that problem as well. Since I'm not yet using my Lightweights (a tubular still has to be limed on it) I wasn't coping with it, but yes, I'm seriously doubting about what to do: rising my speed sensor (thus I'll have to do it on my other bikes and wheels) or riding these LW with a spoke magnet? :?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com