New powermeter rumours

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

inertianinja

by inertianinja

AERO123 wrote:
Mon Nov 13, 2023 5:15 pm
Anyone have experience with the X Cadey XPower Gen 2?

Just wondering whether the issues affecting Gen 1 have been ironed out.
I'm interested in this too. I haven't been able to find any reviews, and it's pretty cheap.

calicyclist

by calicyclist

MarcFaFo wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2024 12:12 pm
Yeah that link does not show great advertisement. Maybe here in Europe the service organisation is better equiped and can act "on their own terms". I can understand your feeling of dissapointment and dislike toward Stages. I'd probably would have the same.
Well, seems like Stages has now thrown in the towel: viewtopic.php?f=3&p=1864733#p1864733
Argonaut RM3 | Pivot Trail 429

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

eucalyptus

by eucalyptus

Already a €100 EUR price drop on the Look keo blade power dual
https://www.lvr-cycles.com/en/power-met ... olor-black

Still priced very high compared to competition with unknown bearing issues? Hope to see drastic price drops soon :)

jfranci3

by jfranci3

eucalyptus wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:38 pm
Already a €100 EUR price drop on the Look keo blade power dual
https://www.lvr-cycles.com/en/power-met ... olor-black

Still priced very high compared to competition with unknown bearing issues? Hope to see drastic price drops soon :)
yeah....while its' 40gr lighter, it's still $190 too high comparied to the category benchmark and it had a bad test result from the go-to reviewer of these things. Seems like they're signaling "don't buy these right now" while they get their water ingress issue resolved.

Jz91

by Jz91

I might know the asnwer already...but out of curiosity would it be possible to get either the SRM look or thm cranks unbranded (aka without SRM logos) and use them with other spider PMs? Is it SRM that makes these cranks or they specifically commission look and thm to make them exclusively for them?

The cranks look sick but I'm afraid srm feels outdated to me (and way overpriced).

eucalyptus

by eucalyptus

Jz91 wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:23 pm
I might know the asnwer already...but out of curiosity would it be possible to get either the SRM look or thm cranks unbranded (aka without SRM logos) and use them with other spider PMs? Is it SRM that makes these cranks or they specifically commission look and thm to make them exclusively for them?

The cranks look sick but I'm afraid srm feels outdated to me (and way overpriced).
If it is a crank question then check out Grigio carbonio, that Italian carbon manufacturer. They just published their new XC crankset (much lighter than THM) and will soon release a new road crankset.

Maybe theirs is more compatible with a power meter?

The THM/SRM/Carbon Ti combo is so overpriced, a real F*ck you product. Judging from social media, it's only used for show bikes with unlimited budgets

maquisard

by maquisard

Just had my order processed for the ASSIOMA PRO MX-2 finally. on Favero's website.

Has anyone else received theirs yet?

thirdsun

by thirdsun

maquisard wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:10 pm
Just had my order processed for the ASSIOMA PRO MX-2 finally. on Favero's website.

Not me, but there are several fresh owners over at the german Rennrad News forum. So these things are actually already shipping. I'm still waiting for my purchase option, which should arrive within the next 2 weeks.
  • Canyon Aeroad CF SLX 8 Di2
  • Cervelo Caledonia Rival eTap AXS
  • Vitus Venon Evo
  • Canyon Grail CF SL 8 Di2

thirdsun

by thirdsun

double post
  • Vitus Venon Evo

maquisard

by maquisard

thirdsun wrote:
Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:07 pm
maquisard wrote:

Not me, but there are several fresh owners over at the german Rennrad News forum. So these things are actually already shipping. I'm still waiting for my purchase option, which should arrive within the next 2 weeks.
I received my purchase option and have been informed they are out of delivery.

I will update when I receive them

thirdsun

by thirdsun

maquisard wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:11 pm
thirdsun wrote:
Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:07 pm
maquisard wrote:

I received my purchase option and have been informed they are out of delivery.

I will update when I receive them
Ha, received my confirmation as well today. Ordered immediately. I'm glad I waited rather than overpaying for Garmin Rallys or dealing with crank-based powermeters. Pedals are just the best, easily transferable option.
  • Vitus Venon Evo

maquisard

by maquisard

Mine have just arrived. Will weight them and take some photos later.

Unlike some of the reviews which mentioned a small amount of lateral play/movement due to the needle bearings, mine are solid and have no such play. Perhaps it develops after initial wear?

morrisond

by morrisond

What is the scuttlebut on SRM X-Power Road pedals? I went back through these pages and couldn't find anything and no real reviews on-line except for the MTB ones.

Does anyone know a store in Europe who sells these?

MarcFaFo

by MarcFaFo

calicyclist wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2024 11:01 pm
MarcFaFo wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2024 12:12 pm
Yeah that link does not show great advertisement. Maybe here in Europe the service organisation is better equiped and can act "on their own terms". I can understand your feeling of dissapointment and dislike toward Stages. I'd probably would have the same.
Well, seems like Stages has now thrown in the towel: viewtopic.php?f=3&p=1864733#p1864733
Yep, a real shame. Mainly due to the Gym products not being sold enough

toxin

by toxin

morrisond wrote:
Mon May 13, 2024 8:24 pm
What is the scuttlebut on SRM X-Power Road pedals? I went back through these pages and couldn't find anything and no real reviews on-line except for the MTB ones.

Does anyone know a store in Europe who sells these?
its probably the same internals with the same problems and different pedal bodies

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com