New powermeter rumours

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

eucalyptus

by eucalyptus

Anyone bought the Look kéo blade dual who could share their thoughts?

It's still the newest and lightest pedal on the market. Right now the only pedal I am interested in. Favero is probably not releasing a new one this year...

I emailed Look asking about concerns that DC rainmaker had experienced and also about the bearings that everyone complain about.

These are the answers I received.
Although DC rainmaker is yet to publish his review, not a good sign it's not ready.
Attachments
1000010333.jpg
1000010331.jpg

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

gplama

by gplama

I've just picked up a set of the Look SPD power pedals. Retail.

I tried to contact them here in Australia without any success. If I can get a hold of a set for review purposes, they'll usually get a look at the data first or have a chance to address issues before I publish anything (same as what DCR has done with his set(s)). Given I've just forked out AU$2,000 and their local customer service has been non-existent... they're already off to a rocky start. I was also unable to get the pedal body tool... so greasing / servicing / checking the internals after water immersion isn't possible. Yet.

At AU$600 more than the PRO MX-2, they'd want to be good. Very good.

eucalyptus

by eucalyptus

gplama wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2024 7:26 am
I've just picked up a set of the Look SPD power pedals. Retail.

I tried to contact them here in Australia without any success. If I can get a hold of a set for review purposes, they'll usually get a look at the data first or have a chance to address issues before I publish anything (same as what DCR has done with his set(s)). Given I've just forked out AU$2,000 and their local customer service has been non-existent... they're already off to a rocky start. I was also unable to get the pedal body tool... so greasing / servicing / checking the internals after water immersion isn't possible. Yet.

Nice to see you here!

Do I interpret your comment correctly. Have you faced any issues other than the internal tool?
As you wanted to contact Look locally to adress "issues or data" before you publish the review.

If you faced any issues or red flags please shout.

I want to pull the purchase button today, lacking patience to wait anymore... Especially since DC rainmaker disappeared and no other review outlet in the world is interested nor have the knowledge to test these.

Look says (see my previous post) they have sold thousands of these. Yet there is no information anywhere from anyone. That is weird.

RDY

by RDY

Sold thousands? I can't possibly imagine that's true ... virtually no sign online of user experience.

tallboyeu

by tallboyeu

gplama wrote:

I would consider Favero PRO MX-2 as my first choice IF there is a Look Keo or Shimano Road pedal option available.

Is there any indication for a Road option for the PRO MX-2 in the next 6-12 months? Or even better: The option to switch Pedal bodys?

counterintelligence

by counterintelligence

gplama wrote:
I realize the context of your outreach is different than mine but I had to reach out to Look (via the app, which generated a ticket. They make you activate the pedals within 30 days of purchase to get warranty. I originally entered the purchase date on my invoice when registering even though that was over 30 days before I received them. The app auto-denied my warranty so I had to reach out to them to fix this. They were prompt answering emails and got my warranty registered quickly for what that's worth...
eucalyptus wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2024 9:48 am
Look says (see my previous post) they have sold thousands of these. Yet there is no information anywhere from anyone. That is weird.
Not super helpful but after being backordered for 2+ months I recently received the Look pedals. I installed them on my bike earlier today but haven't given them a spin yet. My pair weigh 268g. I'm no GPLama or DCR so I don't know that I could do a review worth basing a purchase decision on anyway.

eucalyptus

by eucalyptus

counterintelligence wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2024 2:42 am
gplama wrote:
I realize the context of your outreach is different than mine but I had to reach out to Look (via the app, which generated a ticket. They make you activate the pedals within 30 days of purchase to get warranty. I originally entered the purchase date on my invoice when registering even though that was over 30 days before I received them. The app auto-denied my warranty so I had to reach out to them to fix this. They were prompt answering emails and got my warranty registered quickly for what that's worth...
eucalyptus wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2024 9:48 am
Not super helpful but after being backordered for 2+ months I recently received the Look pedals. I installed them on my bike earlier today but haven't given them a spin yet. My pair weigh 268g. I'm no GPLama or DCR so I don't know that I could do a review worth basing a purchase decision on anyway.
Interesting that yours are 268, R2 bike had them at 267 gram on their scale

2 cases far heavier than the advertised 260 gram. (Look advertising material includes a picture with 1 pedal and a scale showing 130 gram).

268 is not far from Assioma Duo. And thanks for the input! Then I shall wait until something is in stock/on sale because waiting for backorder and struggle with warranty is not ideal.

counterintelligence

by counterintelligence

eucalyptus wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2024 8:03 am
Interesting that yours are 268, R2 bike had them at 267 gram on their scale

2 cases far heavier than the advertised 260 gram. (Look advertising material includes a picture with 1 pedal and a scale showing 130 gram).

268 is not far from Assioma Duo. And thanks for the input! Then I shall wait until something is in stock/on sale because waiting for backorder and struggle with warranty is not ideal.
My Assioma Duos are 301g on my scales so there's about a 33g difference between them
IMG_1493.jpeg
IMG_1492.jpeg

wheelbuilder

by wheelbuilder

Those are nice looking pedals.
Never cheer before you know who is winning

kitchencity

by kitchencity

If you're one of those weirdos that likes SPDs, you can lop ~80g off a pair of Favero MX-2s bringing them down to 300g with a free, fully reversible mod...
1000024634.jpg