Bont shoes

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

eins4eins

by eins4eins

"Shipping soon" still for shoes that supposedly were in stock. Since i don't wanna wait, i send two mails asking for cancellation of the purchase. No answers.
Not the shopping experience i expected.

GaBa

by GaBa

Their support is awful. I am not in a hurry and wanted them so don't feel the pain, at least not for now :)

If not for the black friday deal I would not be buying this pair from them but rather from reins.cc.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

glepore

by glepore

PBK has some killer deals on Helix in various sizes at the moment-like half price.
Cysco Ti custom Campy SR mechanical (6.9);Berk custom (5.6); Serotta Ottrott(6.8) ; Anvil Custom steel Etap;1996 Colnago Technos Record

hillierious

by hillierious

Hey all, i'm looking to order some of the custom vaypor S shoes. The question i have is around the fitting process. I currently use insoles that provide strong correction on my foot position within the shoe as i have really collapsed arches, very wide feet (wider than double-wide) and some bunions to boot. I'm wondering what the best way is for me to do the casting/molding process so that the final shoes allow for me to use my corrective insoles? My fear is that if i just cast my feet as-is, the shoes that i will get back won't have enough volume and room inside in order to provide the right correction required. I've also asked Bont on this but i'm struggling to get a proper response.

jlok

by jlok

I don't have bunions but wider than wide, higher arch and a bit collapsed arch. I ordered the full custom and got sent the molding socks. Failed at the first own attempt and asked for the 2nd pair. Bought it to the doctor and got him molding for me.

From that, I never looked at buying new shoes. Bont full custom forever.
Rikulau V9 DB Custom < BMC TM02 < Litespeed T1sl Disc < Giant Propel Advanced SL Disc 1 < Propel Adv < TCR Adv SL Disc < KTM Revelator Sky < CAAD 12 Disc < Domane S Disc < Alize < CAAD 10

GaBa

by GaBa

eins4eins wrote:
Sat Dec 10, 2022 8:15 pm
"Shipping soon" still for shoes that supposedly were in stock. Since i don't wanna wait, i send two mails asking for cancellation of the purchase. No answers.
Not the shopping experience i expected.
FYI, mine were shipped today.

eins4eins

by eins4eins

Mine too. Super annoying, as i now have to send them back causing unnecessary work for everyone involved. Only because they're unable to provide decent customer Service...

stxfreak

by stxfreak

Hey there, stumbled upon this thread while researching bont vaypor s shoes. I had regular size 47 and 48 here, with the 48 being way too wide and the 47 having lots of pressure points. Now I have 47 in wide here, but the heel is a tad loose. My main issue with the regular was mid foot width, so I guess asian fit should not be better in that regard. Is it possible to get the heel as tight as the regular 47 with the wide one, or should I maybe try the asian fit after all? Thanks for your input!

cberg

by cberg

My warranty replacement Bonts shipped a month ago. They were sent from Australia to me in Europe, I assume because it was a warranty case and not a purchase. I have not received them yet though because they spent two weeks going through customs :/

Bont said that I should expect 10 weeks due to production time, but it turned out to be 6 weeks mainly in delivery time :roll:

Jonolsson

by Jonolsson

ImageImage

Enviado desde mi POCO F2 Pro mediante Tapatalk

itsacarr

by itsacarr

Something new on the horizon. Been a minute ..

https://www.instagram.com/p/CnkXwS7y3pT ... MyMTA2M2Y=
Just ride ..

LouisN

by LouisN

Thinking of going back to Bont's, but want to try the Riots to see if my feet can handle Bont fit before spending for Vaypor +.
What do you guys think ? Same last between Riots and Vaypor ?
Anybody who owns both can share ?

Louis :)

alanyu

by alanyu

LouisN wrote:
Sat Jan 28, 2023 11:57 pm
Thinking of going back to Bont's, but want to try the Riots to see if my feet can handle Bont fit before spending for Vaypor +.
What do you guys think ? Same last between Riots and Vaypor ?
Anybody who owns both can share ?

Louis :)
Riot is slightly wider than Vaypor

harblhat

by harblhat

I ordered Bont's new Vaypor insoles made by Cobra9 after Bont support confirmed they would work well with my double wides. They did not. The Vaypor insoles are very, very narrow and my feet can easily feel the edges. I emailed Bont support again with this feedback and received no response.

Luckily, I emailed Cobra9 themselves with this feedback and they were very gracious in acknowledging that a wider version was forthcoming and offered to send me a revised pair at no charge. This despite Cobra9 not being responsible for the mixup.

Full marks to Cobra9 for excellent service, zero marks to Bont for misleading product information and non-responsiveness.

itsacarr

by itsacarr

In regards to the unreleased new models. I hope the insides are very "finished" like premium options. When I had the Vaypors I loved the fit but the inside was too rough for my sensitive feet and I could feel the seems at the end of the shoe. I loved everything else.
Just ride ..

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com