Bont shoes

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

naavt

by naavt

I feel that the Vaypor+ upper design is more in line with my necessities, since I have a very arched and tall foot, which makes closing my current Vaypor-S an hassle. At this time I'm more and more inclined to Lake's CX242 though.

Rone69

by Rone69

I have Lake Cx 332 Extra wide.
There is anyone who switched from Lake CX332 extra wide to Bont Vaypor+ wide or double wide?
Thank you very much.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

RDY

by RDY

Anyone know if the toe box has a larger height now? It was aggressively low with quite a bit of hidden (internal) toe spring before. Didn't work for me and I have fairly shallow depth feet. It looks to have a smooth transition now instead of a steep decline and then flat toe box. Hopefully both effective height in the toe box has been increased and most or all of the toe spring eliminated.

RDY

by RDY

RDY wrote:
Tue Mar 07, 2023 12:59 pm
Anyone know if the toe box has a larger height now? It was aggressively low with quite a bit of hidden (internal) toe spring before. Didn't work for me and I have fairly shallow depth feet. It looks to have a smooth transition now instead of a steep decline and then flat toe box. Hopefully both effective height in the toe box has been increased and most or all of the toe spring eliminated.
Apparently toe box size has indeed increased, but toe spring remains unchanged (massive) :-/

GaBa

by GaBa

I like tighter toe box on my Vayoor S's, what I don't like is heel retention. I tried heating them at 70 deg C but shoes didn't feel very moldable. Any suggestions?

RDY

by RDY

GaBa wrote:
Thu Mar 09, 2023 11:52 am
I like tighter toe box on my Vayoor S's, what I don't like is heel retention. I tried heating them at 70 deg C but shoes didn't feel very moldable. Any suggestions?
Aside from the heel being a very tight fit, it's made worse by the toe spring, as that forces the foot back into the heel cup. Not much you can do about that. The Vaypor + has a less tight heel.

GaBa

by GaBa

RDY wrote:
Thu Mar 09, 2023 12:03 pm
GaBa wrote:
Aside from the heel being a very tight fit, it's made worse by the toe spring, as that forces the foot back into the heel cup. Not much you can do about that. The Vaypor + has a less tight heel.
No, I have the opposite problem, I'd want more heel retention, not less :)

whataboutEee

by whataboutEee

RDY wrote:
What the heck is "toe spring"?

harblhat

by harblhat

GaBa wrote:
Thu Mar 09, 2023 2:28 pm
I was able to close in the top of the heel area after heating it with a hair dryer. I also put handlebar tape on the inside of the heel cup for better grip. It helped quite a bit.

Asian fit Bonts have a narrower heel as well.

Lina

by Lina

whataboutEee wrote:
Thu Mar 09, 2023 2:50 pm
RDY wrote:
What the heck is "toe spring"?
Toe spring is when the toebox of a shoe curves upwards. It forces your feet into an unnatural position, yet most shoes have it. Just like most shoes have toeboxes that are too narrow and squish your feet into an unnatural position.

GaBa

by GaBa

Yeah, for everything else I use barefoot shoes (vivo or wildling) or go barefoot :)

RDY

by RDY

GaBa wrote:
Thu Mar 09, 2023 2:28 pm
RDY wrote:
Thu Mar 09, 2023 12:03 pm
GaBa wrote:
Not sure you're going to get more heel retention than a Vaypor S unless you go custom. But if your heels are pulling up that much in your pedal stroke, something is probably wrong with your bike fit.

Weber

by Weber

Has anyone tried the vaypor s together with the g8 insoles? I feel that the shape of the insoles does not fit the bont 100%.

harblhat

by harblhat

Weber wrote:
Sat Aug 05, 2023 9:13 pm
Has anyone tried the vaypor s together with the g8 insoles? I feel that the shape of the insoles does not fit the bont 100%.
I used this exact combo for a few seasons and found that even though the footbed shape didn't match exactly, my feet were normally shaped enough that they didn't exceed the G8 edges for me to feel the shoe itself.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com