Where to buy narrow road handlebar in EU?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

RoadDonk82

by RoadDonk82

Hello,

We are looking for narrower bars for my girlfriend's bike (SWorks SL6, rim brakes). Right now she rides 38cm one from Specialized which is way too wide. It's more than 40cm edge to edge. Specialized has the same bar in 36cm but that's c-c measurement making it still quite wide (my girlfriend has really narrow shoulders).

We are looking for something narrower still. Requirements:

-narrow but UCI legal
-compatible with a standard stem
-preferably straight, might have a slight flare
-preferably round (we attach things to it, it's a training bike) but we can live with aero if there is a way to attach Wahoo to it
-preferably carbon
-cables are external (it's mechanical SL6) so it would be very nice if it has a shape so they attach nicely

I've checked usual suspects like bike components but can't really find anything there (only the Spec 36cm one).

Any ideas?

dvdrl

by dvdrl

Have you seen the Lambda Cross-Wing? There's one version with some round bar.

Giant's new Contact SLR has a version with 34cm at the tops. Not sure it's available everywhere already.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

alanyu

by alanyu

If you are restricted to EU online sellers, unfortunately no one can meet your requirements.

RoadDonk82

by RoadDonk82

If you are restricted to EU online sellers, unfortunately no one can meet your requirements.
The reason I am looking for EU online sellers is that I travel a lot and don't have a permanent address right now. Ordering from abroad often means delays and dealing with customs which means we can be long gone when the package arrives. If I can't find anything I will order them once I am home for a few weeks but I would prefer to buy them sooner.

RoadDonk82

by RoadDonk82

Have you seen the Lambda Cross-Wing? There's one version with some round bar.
That is a lot of flare but it seems it might work, thank you!
It looks to me that even though the drops are 40cm (in the narrowest model) at the widest point your hands are closer together in normal position on drops (fingers on brake levers) and they are only that wide at the end of the drops. Anyone tried those?
Giant's new Contact SLR has a version with 34cm at the tops. Not sure it's available everywhere already.
Those look great! I am not sure what "hood to hood" measurement means but they are not going to be wider than 36cm anyway so it's great.
I will see if I can get them anywhere (for my country it seems they still list the old one with 40cm narrowest width).

okx

by okx

If it's not urgent, I would check r2-bike. At the moment they are out of stock, but they should re-stock.
I'm using same bar 38cm on Aethos and realy happy with it. Much more comfortable to keep hand on flat parts comparing to round tube, but you still getting a lot of space around stem clamping area to attache light's, computer mount.

https://r2-bike.com/PRO-Handlebar-PLT-C ... -mm-360-mm

X5SAE

by X5SAE

If pandapodium is an option, check with them if they have some of those available:

https://www.pandapodium.cc/product/exs- ... handlebar/

They're available in 34 cm width. Cable routing is fully external, though.
Road
Cube Agree C:62 SLT 2021 (frame+fork) DA 9270 6.9x kg - ride-ready 7.25 kg w/pedals, cages, sensors, Wahoo mount

Gravel
Velobuild GF-002 Force AXS 7.5 kg, ride-ready 7.775 kg w/200 ml Stan‘s, pedals, cages, sensors, Wahoo/Cateye mounts

by 208

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

dvdrl

by dvdrl

RoadDonk82 wrote:
Sun Jun 23, 2024 7:26 am
Those look great! I am not sure what "hood to hood" measurement means but they are not going to be wider than 36cm anyway so it's great.
I will see if I can get them anywhere (for my country it seems they still list the old one with 40cm narrowest width).
If you have a Giant shop near to you it's worth sending them a mail. They'll be able to tell you the calendar week in which they expect stock, and they can preorder for you, too.