R8050 Di2 Help Wanted

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

dpries

by dpries

Good day all,

Wonder if anyone has encountered an issue I'm having.

RD randomly stopped shifting, it seems as though it believes it's in gear 1 when it's in gear 11. If I shift to a lower gear nothing happens? Shift to a higher gear and it tries to shift but it's already in position 11 so no movement? Can't get Crash recovery to work and e-tube also shows derraileur in gear 1?

dpries

by dpries

Any knowledge would be greatly appreciated. If it is a servo gone bad that would be a shame but can't see why it would just go bad.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

ms6073

by ms6073

dpries wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2024 9:04 pm
Can't get Crash recovery to work and e-tube also shows derraileur in gear 1?
I sort of had this issue once with a 9170 RD and am unsure what I did to resolve it but I do recall that I ran the shifting diagnotics? Does the front derailleur shift? Did you ensure the battery is charged and if so, do you have access to another battery to check? Can the deraileur be manually moved to the required position?
- Michael
"People should stop expecting normal from me... seriously, we all know it's never going to happen"

pdlpsher1

by pdlpsher1

It sounds like the mechanical crash linkage got disconnected. Remove the rear wheel. Press the upshift button a dozen times. This should reconnect the disconnected linkage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ms6073

by ms6073

Great video as I did not know that long hold junction box functionality was available with 8050/9170, nor do I recall seeing that mentioned in Di2 Dealer Manual.
- Michael
"People should stop expecting normal from me... seriously, we all know it's never going to happen"

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com