New-ish Aeroad 2025

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

wozzo

by wozzo

So looks like we can guess now the paint schemes for CFR (mvdp riding new team paint, movistar blue and the black with silver decals). Let's wait for slx, which in the previous gen was mostly a disappointment

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

wozzo

by wozzo

Edit. Doubled

BenCousins

by BenCousins

wheelsONfire wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2024 4:11 pm
The rotten thing is you're stuck with those size specific crankarm lengths, a fixed stem length and handlebar width.
How hard can it be to sell customers what they need.
I think most people on Aeroads are cruising around wearing PNS or MAAP and making Instagram videos. They don't care about fit.

MagicShite

by MagicShite

BenCousins wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2024 8:36 am
wheelsONfire wrote:
The rotten thing is you're stuck with those size specific crankarm lengths, a fixed stem length and handlebar width.
I think most people on Aeroads are cruising around wearing PNS or MAAP and making Instagram videos. They don't care about fit.
kek'ed hard. :lol:

#facts

Requiem84

by Requiem84

BenCousins wrote:
wheelsONfire wrote:
Hahah, I feel busted. That's exactly me. Still riding pretty hard though, only 30 minutes behind Contador in the Mallorca312 this year ;-).

tomtom

by tomtom

BenCousins wrote:
wheelsONfire wrote:
Yep....I think so too....but than for all Canyon owners; "fake" cyclists who do not care about their bikefit. They probably do not cyle @all.....who so dumb to buy a cheap bike which cannot be adapted by bikeshops, owners and/or helpfull friends?! Why do they own bikes anyway......? They should go to overpriced, overrated places where other lazy people go who are to incompetend to repair/maintain bikes themselves :thumbup:
Ultimate CFR
Aeroad CFR
Grail CF

ChairmanJiang

by ChairmanJiang

Doesn't anyone think this stem is very ugly?

usr

by usr

More ugly than the predecessor? No. Ugly? O-M-G!

The old, conventionally clamped Cockpits looked nice picking up the depth of the headtube with their boxy rear. The new ones look so disproportional to the deep headtube, as if the bike had some tragic gene defect. I really don't know what they could do to salvage those proportions, perhaps painting the cockpit in some wild contrast color? (but that clearly can't happen, considering their inability to solve the logistics even for just different stem length from the one coming with the frame size - or perhaps this inability could be turned into an *enabler* for colors, because if inability to replace cockpits is a given, why not go all in with color-coordinated cockpits?)

nunokas

by nunokas

BenCousins wrote:
wheelsONfire wrote:
Eeiish. For a moment,I thougt I was at /BCJ :mrgreen:

Petermeter

by Petermeter

Petermeter wrote:
Thu Jun 06, 2024 10:42 am
What wheels are those ? :shock:
Guys, zoom in and look at the carbon layup on the wheels!

BianchiDave

by BianchiDave

Petermeter wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2024 2:21 pm
Petermeter wrote:
Winspace Hyper?!

tymon_tm

by tymon_tm

yuck...
kkibbler wrote: WW remembers.

tmrace

by tmrace

BianchiDave wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2024 6:07 pm
Petermeter wrote:
Petermeter wrote:
Winspace Hyper?!
My best guess is it's either new Shimano wheels (current sponsor) or new DT Swiss wheels (OE partner with canyon).

DT's road wheels are due a refresh, a DT hub for carbon spokes was spotted, and Swiss Side (DT Swiss wheels) currently has their entire lineup on sale so I'm betting DT Swiss... but would love to know more from someone who actually knows.

njleach

by njleach

tmrace wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2024 7:10 am
BianchiDave wrote:
Petermeter wrote:
Petermeter wrote:
Winspace Hyper?!
My best guess is it's either new Shimano wheels (current sponsor) or new DT Swiss wheels (OE partner with canyon).

DT's road wheels are due a refresh, a DT hub for carbon spokes was spotted, and Swiss Side (DT Swiss wheels) currently has their entire lineup on sale so I'm betting DT Swiss... but would love to know more from someone who actually knows.
Probably DT Swiss, judging by new IG teaser (credit to @kervelo): https://www.instagram.com/dtswiss/p/C7_u8YnKA9C/?hl=en

jacek

by jacek

njleach wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2024 8:03 am
tmrace wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2024 7:10 am
BianchiDave wrote:
Petermeter wrote:

Winspace Hyper?!

Probably DT Swiss, judging by new IG teaser (credit to @kervelo): https://www.instagram.com/dtswiss/p/C7_u8YnKA9C/?hl=en
I do hope that Canyon would offer road bikes with wheels that have some proper width suitable for ~28-30mm tyres. The ARC1100/1400 wheels are quite outdated on this matter and that's something which would hold me back to order an Aeroad.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com