NEW new Madone 2025

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Tiforlife

by Tiforlife

Tifosiphil wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2024 9:25 am
Those Red levers look so much longer than Rival, is their an actual length difference?
Yes - Escape Collective have discussed it in web review and podcast, and Peak Torque (UK YouTuber) mentions it here and actually includes a screenshot shot with measurements. It's enough to throw out a fit or change stem length spec before you drop 12K on your Madonda Project One

https://youtu.be/yhbxtBAYlIo?si=xairPgLqSgLZWyD_

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

NordicSal

by NordicSal

PDS912 wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2024 1:04 pm
NordicSal wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2024 9:44 pm
Anyone who has geometry info for the XL and L bikes?

Max saddleheight would be good, stack and reach too. Also what about pictures of the big bike?
XL
Stack - 610
Reach - 402
Nice thanks! Do you have for the L as well and maybe max saddle height or something like that?

I've heard availability will be very limited and it won't be until 2025...

Tiforlife

by Tiforlife

NordicSal wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2024 3:52 pm
PDS912 wrote:
NordicSal wrote:

Max saddleheight would be good, stack and reach too. Also what about pictures of the big bike?
XL
Stack - 610
Reach - 402
Nice thanks! Do you have for the L as well and maybe max saddle height or something like that?

Interesting as we've been told that there will be huge immediate availability - the lack of "old" Emondas and Madones is because all production was switched long ago and there are warehouses fully stocked. We're supposed to be getting something like 15 (in various sizes and spec) landing in time to be built for The Big Surprise Release.

wozzo

by wozzo

NordicSal wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2024 3:52 pm
PDS912 wrote:
NordicSal wrote:

XL
Stack - 610
Reach - 402

My local trek dealer (Germany) says 2/3 weeks for SL7

wheelbuilder

by wheelbuilder

Do some of you guys really have fits that are absolutely dependent on hood length?
Never cheer before you know who is winning

NordicSal

by NordicSal

Haha nice to hear. My guy is a dealer, but not exactly in the know 😂

mikehhhhhhh

by mikehhhhhhh

wheelbuilder wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2024 8:19 pm
Do some of you guys really have fits that are absolutely dependent on hood length?
Is this a trick question?

7mm reach is the difference between two frame sizes in many cases. Sometimes even more!

proffate

by proffate

Lina wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2024 11:10 am
Has anyone ever actually bought those wheels for that price? You can set the MSRP at anything you like. Especially on stuff that you're mostly planning on selling in your full bike builds anyway. Don't ever plan on selling a single pair on their own even close to MSRP, jack up the price, and then advertise how the bike comes with $2500 wheels. And apparently it works on people based on this discussion. Anyone buying those wheels for $2500 is getting ripped off, they're not worth it.
Perhaps you should go back and read the original post a little closer.

proffate

by proffate

wheelbuilder wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2024 8:19 pm
Not really. My elbows can bend.

ichobi

by ichobi

So if i read what someone said earlier right this slr frameset will cost 6000usd and you have to buy a seatpost separately as well as the handlebar. The latter is understandable, the former like really? Nickel and dime much?

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

ichobi wrote:
Tue Jun 18, 2024 1:10 am
So if i read what someone said earlier right this slr frameset will cost 6000usd and you have to buy a seatpost separately as well as the handlebar. The latter is understandable, the former like really? Nickel and dime much?

It’s always been like this for Trek frames because there’s tall/short and 20mm/5mm options. Complain about the price all you want, but not including the seatmast has little to do with nickel & diming.

cleanneon98

by cleanneon98

My Gen 7 frameset came with a huge box of parts including a long 0 offset seatpost to match the 56cm frame. I actually wasn't expecting a post because the frame was a warranty replacement.
TREK Madone Gen 7 SLR - 7.43kg
TREK Fuel EX Gen 5 - overbuilt and overweight

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

cleanneon98 wrote:
Tue Jun 18, 2024 1:26 am
My Gen 7 frameset came with a huge box of parts including a long 0 offset seatpost to match the 56cm frame. I actually wasn't expecting a post because the frame was a warranty replacement.

It shouldn’t have come with a seatmast. Trek intentionally doesn’t show a seatmast on its Gen 7 frameset product page because it doesn’t come with one. I have done six frame-up Trek builds in recent years, none have come with seatmasts or seatposts.

hannawald

by hannawald

I can confirm Domane frameset, no seatpost. I am from the Czech Rep., so it is their international policy. 6000 USD seems a lot, it makes it Pinarello Dogma territory, much more than Sworks SL8. (I don't remember what the price used to be for other Trek frames in the USA as Domane and Emonda are now listed at 4200usd, Madone 4800usd. But maybe those are reduced prices, they are definitely more in Europe)

ichobi

by ichobi

Interesting, I have never bought a Trek so if they sell it separately so be it. I was interested at first for the gen 8.

Having said that it feels like brands are just one up each other on pricing at this point.

A madone gen 7 seatpost is 300 usd a pop (minimum) and the barstem is another 650 usd

If the frame is around 5500 usd that is may be kind of okay. But this means to get rolling you start with 6000+300+650 pretty much a 7000 usd “frame kit”

Major put off, especially when it’s also likely around 150g or more heavier than an sworks sl8 in a typical paint not just matte black. I do care about weight. At first i thought maybe be i don’t mind the weight if the price is not too bad but this is a bit much for me. Not complaining - the offering just is not enticing enough all things considered.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com